Jive 7 Discussion and Troubleshooting

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Jive 7 Discussion and Troubleshooting

So now that the forum is back up the site is running really slow, a lot of the links are don't even work. There's cascading of different elements making it hard to read stuff or click links. It now says I have 0 points but when I go to my profile it says I have 31,000. The color scheme is really weird and has no consistency.

These are the only problems I've found in the 5 minutes back after the maintenance. Please list any other issues you've found.

Level 75
17 REPLIES

Re: Jive 7 Discussion and Troubleshooting

in reply to Ghamorra

I Have been unable to access ghost clan discussions or recruitment forums,,, it puts me into a pick your grid screen..

noticed the slow speed as well ,,, had a few issues where my replies would not post . Hope it smooths out soon .

i Can see in the forum feed though that they did not remove the clan recruitment threads from that portion. With that it tells me that people are able to get to the recruitment forum but I still can't get to the clan discussion forum .

Level 75

in reply to MindSpazms

Added note - I'm using iPad to access the forums like I do 90% of the time I may give it a go later on laptop or PC to see if any difference

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

We just have to wait until it all fixes itself up.

The "last replied by" feature is not working properly.

I hope IT works over the weekend

They should not have opened it back up in this state.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to Ghamorra

Having issues with accessing inbox, can't use direct way, could go long way round for a while, then it wouldn't let me open messages, now I can't even click on my name and get to inbox that way as it doesn't load the options, just an empty white box. An 18hr update that's probably caused more issues than it's fixed 

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

So now that the forum is back up the site is running really slow, a lot of the links are don't even work. There's cascading of different elements making it hard to read stuff or click links. It now says I have 0 points but when I go to my profile it says I have 31,000. The color scheme is really weird and has no consistency.

These are the only problems I've found in the 5 minutes back after the maintenance. Please list any other issues you've found.

I am losing faith in COD and now the forums quick.............

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

We're continuing to work through issues related to the upgrade. The user and content indexes are still building so so the performance will suffer until those are complete. They should finish today and I'll let you guys know once that's done. Feel free to provide feedback and we'll address as quickly as possible.

Activision

in reply to smackmeister

What's the benefits of the new Jive 7?

I'm curious as to why you would go through the trouble of updating it.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

What's the benefits of the new Jive 7?

I'm curious as to why you would go through the trouble of updating it.

Honestly zero , because they just upgraded instead of fixing the errors already present in the forums, wrongly assuming what jive obviously told them that this would "fix" the issues (cough more button). The only positive i can see is we finally have twitter integration which could've been easily added if atvi didnt give the keys to their own community site to a third party. Jive 7 has so many known issues that deal especially with all the stuff the forum needed I really don't understand why it was upgraded

The only benefit and reason for upgrading wasn't for us or the forums it was so CS can continue their doomed to fail plan of turning these forums into a glorified copy of the xbl ambassadors program.

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

There are a number of reasons for us to upgrade. A big one is continued support from Jive. If you stay on older platforms, you eventually lose support... same as Microsoft cuts off support for older versions of their OS. There are also a ton of new features and integrations that are possible on the new platform that weren't there for the previous version. When doing an upgrade, our focus is to recreate the old functionality on the new platofrm. Once we're good there, we can look to roll out new features. There are also new features that you guys won't necessarily see, such as improvements on the administration, reporting, etc.

Activision

Studios