Many Questions About Multiplayer Issues.

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Many Questions About Multiplayer Issues.

Hello all. I am new here, and I am THOROUGHLY confused about my bad multiplayer experiences. Firstly, I have a Linksys-Cisco router I decided to start a quest for better multiplayer after many months of latency-filled (laggy) gameplay. So, in order to fix this, I jumped into the land of "NAT Types" and "Port-Forwarding," and the like. Basically, I've had TERRIBLE lag. It's inconsistent, but, at the same time, constant. Sometimes, it's just a little. However, a lot of the time, I see people running in place (it's that bad), and then I get kicked. It always says "Lost connection to host/server." So, many internet articles later, I try, without success to change my NAT Type to "Open" (It did change for a while, but quickly regressed back to "Moderate."). I recently moved my console (X-Box 1) to the same room as my router, as the original location had terrible internet connection. Yet, my NAT Type remained "Moderate" and my game, laggy. So, I disabled the UPnP, and tried port forwarding all the following ports:

• TCP:     80
  • UDP:    88, 500, 3544, 4500, 3075, 3076
  • TCP and UDP:  53, 3074

(I hope all of the above are the correct ports, I got them here, please correct if any are incorrectly forwarded.

This proved futile, so I looked into establishing a "Static IP address" for the X-Box, but could not figure out how to do so. Does anyone have any suggestions for me, or should I establish a static IP address for the X-Box (if so, please help me understand how to do this on a Linksys-Cisco router)? This fix isn't just for this game. I am more worried about the performance of upcoming games (Destiny, Advanced Warfare, etc.).

Level 1
3 REPLIES

Re: Many Questions About Multiplayer Issues.

in reply to n00b-t00b

Give the following link a read.

Note: If you use Port Forwarding you need a Static IP (Explained inside)

Good to hear your router is in the same room. If you can use an ethernet connection.

Your port list requires an a xouple extra... 3075 , 3076

Achieving Open NAT - port numbers included. Ghosts V2

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to n00b-t00b

Hello,

A support case was created for you and you should be contacted shortly by a Customer Support Representative, if you haven't been already. You can view and update your case at the Activision Support website. After logging in, go to "My Support" then "My Cases".

Thanks,

^AJ

Community Coordinator

in reply to SavageHam

SavageHam

Just so you know.

Noob toob has made 4 other threads which has made the issue difficult to follow up on.

The following link will lead you to all the others

Can't get "Open" NAT Type...

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

Studios