Moderator changeover. Can we please know who?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Re: Moderator changeover. Can we please know who?

in reply to ATVI_Mikey

So much to read, but very much welcome.

Let me pick up on a point:

atvi_mikey wrote:

I think "support" has a negative connotation here, and I'm curious about it. When someone helps someone, or gives advice, thats a good thing. Thats support.

The negative connotation is not aimed at giving help, certainly not from maccabi, who has been peerless in giving help to forumers, through the Support section, over a long period of time. The problem is solely related to the balance of the gamification program.  Maccabi and myself are number 1 and 2 on the Leaderboards. The reason is simple, we help out a lot in the support section and is the reason why we were both Spotlighted in Above and Beyond.From the beginning of the forum point system being integrated both of us have been saying that the balance was far too skewed towards support areas. Even though we have benefited on the leaderboards from this skewed system, we agree it is far from optimal. There are many forum vets who are languishing down near the bottom of the leaderboards because they are not support minded. I wont name names, because that is unfair on everyone. Suffice to say, being involved in creating positive discussion / posts / ideas / banter / etc is just as important to the forum as a whole as Support is, if not more so.

I will go down fighting in relinquishing my top spot, there will be bloodshed ,,,, but I seriously feel a bit embarrassed seeing the point gap between myself and those I have come to respect.

The community ideas for missions where put forward in the following thread:

Re: Website Badge Suggestions

There are some rather humorous suggestions

@atvi_mikey if you are able to give us feedback regarding the types of missions that you see being possible, I'm sure the community would be more than willing to get their creative hats back on again

Side note --> I just tried to mention your forum name....can't do it. Also noticed a few days ago I can't mention TL_Bare_V2 --> seems to be the underscore. JIVE - You have done it again

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to FalconR6

True, losing previous rank on the forum was a pain, more than once, but over that now...........mostly..

The main problem is the constant and never ending repetition on clan threads blowing up the recent content page, who knows how many threads slip by unseen by a lot of us because in the space of a few minutes a thread can go from top of the page to gone because 20 or 30 clan recruitment threads get bumped by the posters.

Level 67

in reply to ATVI_Mikey

atvi_mikey wrote:

For example you have the Forum Master badge, while I only have the Forum Apprentice badge. There's no way anyone can level up that badge any more, its solely based on what you did before the change over.

This would be something nice to see under the poster's avatar on forum posts. It's a nice acknowledgement but you have to go out of your way to view it. (all of the badges, tbh).

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

rankismet wrote:

atvi_mikey wrote:

For example you have the Forum Master badge, while I only have the Forum Apprentice badge. There's no way anyone can level up that badge any more, its solely based on what you did before the change over.

This would be something nice to see under the poster's avatar on forum posts. It's a nice acknowledgement but you have to go out of your way to view it. (all of the badges, tbh).

Quick reply - the badges are useless in this respect as Ran pointed out unless you go and look at someones badges we would much prefer something on the forum below our names .

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

I can now harass Mikey in two places... I kid.

I'm sure the ship has sailed long ago... but I really miss my post count. To have something which was built up over 6 years go poof overnight... kinda sucked.

Giving forum goers mod rights maybe isn't the best idea. Not because they would abuse it but because of how it would isolate them from the community. They would be in between the community and ATIVI... a foot in both but a part of neither.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

Studios