PS3 to PS4 Upgrade, DLC Problems

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

PS3 to PS4 Upgrade, DLC Problems

I'm sure there are others who have mentioned this but I can't really find anything helpful.

I pre-ordered and then downloaded the digital hardened edition of Ghosts for my ps3, and I also redeemed the code for the gamestop exclusive dlc. Everything (patches and backgrounds) was unlocked and usable on my ps3 but when I got my ps4 and did the $10 upgrade all my exclusive dlc content did not transfer over.

I've already downloaded the season pass on my ps4 and I also restored my licenses and still nothing.

I contacted activision support and they couldn't help me at all.

I was wondering if there is anyone else that has had or is still having this problem and knows of a possible fix for it.

I'm just frustrated right now and would like to know that I'm not alone.

Level 1
21 REPLIES

Re: PS3 to PS4 Upgrade, DLC Problems

in reply to Buckmau

I'm in the same boat man it sucks

Level 1

in reply to Buckmau

i too have the same issue.

i still have some of the exclusive items after transferring over to the ps4, but if i make any changes, they will be lost.

Level 2

in reply to Buckmau
Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to Buckmau

thanks for the replies, I really hope they patch this or something

Level 1

in reply to Buckmau

ok...I went to Activisions' website and they have this post for the Free Fall map...BUT when I followed it EXACTLY it worked for ALL of the bonus downloads....the map...the team leader pack....the other stuff with the hardened edition & the bonus head from preordering....

http://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Issues-Downloading-Free-Fall-on-PS4/?l=en_US&c=Game...

HERE IS WHAT IT SAYS TO DO.....

In the meantime, we have found a workaround that has worked for some people:

1. From the PS4 main menu press up on the D-Pad and go to SettingsPSNSign Out.
  2. After signing out, select Sign In and re-enter your account password to sign in.
  3. From here select Activate as Your Primary PS4Activate.
  4. From the main menu highlight Call of Duty: Ghosts and select the Options button and select Delete.
  5. On the PS4 go back to the main menu and press up on the D-Pad and go to Notifications and navigate to the Downloads section.
  6. Go to https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/main and select Sign In on the top right of the screen.
  7. Your PSNID will now be in place of the Sign In button. Highlight your PSNID and scroll down to Download List.
  8. Find the Free Fall Dynamic Bonus Map DLC and select Download to Your PS4.
  9. Notice that on the PlayStation 4 the DLC says Cannot install.
  10. Re-insert the Call of Duty: Ghosts disc and the initial install will begin.
  11. After the install has completed navigate back to the NotificationsDownloads section and highlight the DLC. Press X and Retry.
  12. The DLC should now be installed.

After the content has completed its installation, it will be necessary to download and install all the updates and files for Call of Duty: Ghosts again to the PS4 console.

Hopefully you all can get it to work as well.....

Level 3

in reply to Buckmau

Same here! Where the hell is my prestige dlc?! I am missing the emblem and the player card! heeelpp!!! Any update on this?

Level 1

in reply to Buckmau

I am right there with the rest of you...so much for all of our dlc/unlocks transferring to the next generation...ugh this sucks

Level 2

in reply to Buckmau

Just found the easyist way to get the map installed. Go to the psn store on the ps4 and go to search. Type in FRE and the free fall map will show up in the list on the right side. Select it and it will give you the option to download it. No deleting files or anything. It will just install fine.

Level 4

in reply to belgarion123

Good deal...now all we need is a way to get our pre-order bonuses and collector edition exclusives to show up lol

Level 2

Studios