Ps4 dlc- disk read error imagefile64

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Ps4 dlc- disk read error imagefile64

Why hasn't this been fixed in the month since it was first discovered on the xbox? This tells me it's the DLC and not hardware related.

Can't load some maps at all, others load and crash within a minute of playing.

So is there a solution?  What is causing this crash?

Level 1
38 REPLIES

Re: Ps4 dlc- disk read error imagefile64

in reply to Guitarwolf1

Not sure what could affect this. Infinity Ward is probably looking for a fix if it has been happening on Xbox also.

Level 64
Highlighted

in reply to matuzz

I can't imagine they have much of a solution in the works.  There have barely been any responses to the same problem on the xbox DLC last month.  They are aware of the issue yet released the PS4 dlc without fixing a thing. 

So far the solution on the xbox seems to be re-installing everything, and if that doesn't work to do a complete system wipe. Wonderful!

I deleted my COD and dlc files and will attempt to reinstall.  If that doesn't work I'll wait another day to see if there is a solution posted.  But that is the limit of my patience.  If there is no fix after being out for a month on the xbox, I'm not holding my breath. 

Repeatedly erasing my PS4 contents to try and fix broken DLC is not an acceptable solution.  That time will be much better spent calling my credit card company to get full refunds on the game and DLC.  If this was a new problem I would be much more understanding, but they knew this was happening and did not fix it.

Level 1

in reply to Guitarwolf1

This is the latest advice I can find for you. Hope it helps mate.

Please try the following steps provided by Arunprasath, a fellow forum member:

1. Uninstall the game, updates and add-ons while your console is connected to the internet.

2. Disconnect your console from the internet.

3. Restart your console.

4. Reinstall the game offline.

5. After it is done installing try playing the game and see if it works.

6. If it does then connect your console back to the internet and install the updates.

7. Run your game and it'll work, if it doesn't then do a factory console reset and try the steps again

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to FalconR6

This is the best course of action to take I think.

Level 8

in reply to FalconR6

Hey Falcon,

I am having the same issues as stated above:

- DLC maps will crash or not load all together

- imagefile 64, imagefile 62, and ca_blah_ blah errors

Just to add a cherry on top of this shit sandwich, I cannot edit my loadouts for any character without it crashing and going back to the main screen.

The more I delete and redownload all of this, the more issues I have to face.

I would advise against telling people to do so, because it seems like that is the consensus from ALL OF US.

I understand and appreciate the unchartered territory here and I think that gets lost amongst the fustration from some of these players, but all we are asking for is acknowledgement, reasoning, and a plan to fix it. Even 1 out of 3 of these would be nice.

For a system and game that we all shelled out at least 500-899 for, this is ridiculous.

What seems to have happened was a rush to get this POS out the door to compete/stay with other versions. I am not against turning profit and capitalism, exactly the opposite in fact, but forcing a product onto the market too soon along with promises of "an experience unlike any other" is unprofessional and sad. A quote from the late Chris Farley sums all of this up quite well:

"I can take shit in a box and slap a guarantee on it, believe me, Ive got spare time. But at the end of the day, all your really buying is a guaranteed piece of shit."

Level 1

in reply to matuzz

matuzz wrote:

Not sure what could affect this. Infinity Ward is probably looking for a fix if it has been happening on Xbox also.

I never saw nor heard of this issue reported on the X360 or X1.

Based on the number of users reporting this issue...

... I expect it is an issue with the DLC push to PS4. The game is not locating imagefiles... which means either the files are not present or the location in the code is not correct.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

On the PS4 board there's a lot of players having problems with glitches surrounding the DLC and not connecting online post DLC launch. My guess is that during the download something was either missing or corrupt. Some may be more severe than others hence the bad image.

Level 75

in reply to Guitarwolf1

Update, I've uninstalled all COD files and re-downloaded them.  Not only do I still have the original error, but now I am getting the error and freeze on other maps that were fine before.  Just now I got a disk read error imagefile63 instead of 64.  Something is seriously wrong with this DLC.  I've spoken to activision support staff and they have no idea of how to fix it, nor any estimate for when a fix might become available.  So basically this DLC has bricked the game.

Level 1

in reply to Guitarwolf1

This has been a messy game for problems like this. I've been pretty lucky but it seems a lot haven't been.

Despising cheaters since 1970
Activision Ambassador

Studios