Ps4 dlc- disk read error imagefile64

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Re: Ps4 dlc- disk read error imagefile64

in reply to Guitarwolf1

Update:  I bought a SSD to replace to PS4 HD.  Reinstalled everything, went to play the DLC.

Disk read error 'imagefile64'

So yeah, it's not the hard drive...

Also got a crash while loading a new map that said

Disk read error 'mp_ca_red_river'

Level 1

in reply to Guitarwolf1

Hey Guitarwolf,

Thanks for trying that out for us and keeping us updating us again. Do you encounter this error only when playing the new maps, or does it affect the original maps now as well? Does this only happen when playing online or does local play or private match yield the same results. Can you please provide your PSN ID for us? Lastly, can you let us know more about your connection? What is your ISP? What type of connection do you have? DSL, Broadband, etc.?

Thanks,

^AJ

Community Coordinator

in reply to SavageHam

Hi SavageHam.  The error only happens on DLC maps.  There was the one time that all maps wouldn't work, I showed that in the first video of the 3 posted.  Otherwise the original maps work fine. Sometimes the Free Fall DLC map works, other times it crashes.  That map always worked in the past.  None of the new Onslaught DLC maps work either online or offline.

My ISP is Verizon FIOS, fiber optic with 50/25 speed. I've got a wired connection to the PS4 but have also tried downloading the DLC and updates using wifi.  Network connection is very solid and I have had no issues in the last 3 years with service.  My PSN ID is ****

Level 1

in reply to Guitarwolf1

Hey Guitarwolf,

Do you have a static ip address assigned to your console? Can you let us know what your MTU setting is? Do you have any port management set up? When downloading the DLC is anyone else using the internet while doing so?

Thanks,

^AJ

Community Coordinator

in reply to SavageHam

I Haven't changed any network settings on my console or modem/router.  Static IP address, MTU is set to auto. No one else using the internet during downloads.

Level 1

in reply to Guitarwolf1

Hey Guitarwolf,

Can you tell us where you are access the DLC from? Are you using the In Game store or the PSN store from the console home screen? Can you confirm that you've purchased the DLC on your account? Do you have a Season Pass or was this a stand alone purchase?

Thanks,
^AJ

Community Coordinator

in reply to Guitarwolf1

Same on the Xbox One! Damn, Ive saw so much about this Issiue at this Forum!

Level 3

in reply to Guitarwolf1

This is simple negligence! I originally purchased an Xbox One, and went through two different advanced replacements.  The COD Ghosts version of the game on Xbox has the exact same problems as the PS4 version.  Image file errors, Map_decent errors, the list goes on for days, on both consoles for mainly just this game!  There has been the same on going error messages since day 1 release on both systems.

Furthermore, after all this time the problem continues and Activision shows no sign of acknowledgement or any attempt to resolve the issue.  This is why this franchise will soon be forgotten, and it will shine light onto new FPS titles.  It's sad that COD is on its last run, because after this problem not being fixed, I will not be purchasing another game in the call of duty franchise.

Also, after downloading this new Onslaught DLC, the crashes have become consistent.  Each new map has there own error messages.  Such as FOG will have a _swamp error code. The remake map has an "_Ignition" error message.

It's very simple, the developer team at Activision must of hired some new staff within the last year of production and they do not hold to the same standard of quality control prior to release of this current episode of the call of duty franchise.  The game has already been out for 6 months people, and we are still getting the same error messages.

There is with out a doubt that each console has their own bugs, but without a doubt these "disc read error" codes 90% of the community is getting is due to lack of integrity within the game itself.

The game is having a difficult time opening sub files when playing certain maps, It's unbelievable that there has been almost zero effort to fix this.

Sincerely, One Aggrivated Gamer!

Level 1

in reply to Guitarwolf1

I have been getting these errors too and mine had started during 2nd clan war, i had a downloaded copy of ghosts and had to go buy a disc this had fixed the problem until dlc was released and havent been able to play any maps or even set up my classes w/o errors. plz stop posting these solutions as i and many ppl have spent days trying them and no luck... This isnt a problem that can be fixed at our end. im to the point that im sending my system in for repair and if i still have problems im going to demand for full refund on everything ghosts/ps4 related. what ever happend to buying a system putting in a game and it worked.... my nintendo still works and ive had it for 25yrs or more.. Plz stop trying to see who puts thier system out first to make a buck and start testing your product before you decide to release it. WE ARE TIRED OF BEING RIPPED OFF AND BEING TOLD TO BEAT AROUND THE BUSH WITH SOLUTIONS THAT DONT WORK!!!!!!!!! Also plz make it so we can see clan wars app from console. Not everyone has a $400 cell phone nor can afford one after dropping money on ps4, ps plus and for some even internet upgrade, This is unfair and seems how this is a tournament shouldnt everyone be on same playing field ???? Cant play if you cant see what your suppose to be doing......

Level 1

in reply to smashsmash

Do other games work? I wouldn't send my system in just yet unless other things don't work. If that's the case then it's not your PS4 in the first place.

Despising cheaters since 1970
Activision Ambassador

Studios