Ps4 dlc- disk read error imagefile64

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Re: Ps4 dlc- disk read error imagefile64

in reply to Guitarwolf1

Hey Guitarwolf,

Can you please try uninstalling the game and associated files one more time? Before reinstalling the content, try installing a few free games, movies, etc., then reinstall Ghosts, the DLC, and updates. Installing a few things will occupy some harddrive space and help push the DLC to install to a different sector.

The image file error can be attributed to a few things, it could be an issue with the disc or game install (digital). Seeing as you haven't had an issue previously, you can rule out the software as a cause for the issue.

There could be some issues mixed between a disruption in connection while installing causing an improper install, but that would have likely been resolved when you attempted reinstalling.

Lastly, there can be some hardware related issues, like bad sectors where the DLC is attempting to be installed to. Those are some of the more common reasons you may encounter an error like this. We want to be sure to rule out whatever possibilities we can. Hopefully that helps!

Thanks,

^AJ

Community Coordinator

in reply to Guitarwolf1

Friend of mine is experiencing the same issues on his ps4.  He has tried reinstalling the files three times as well as reformatting the ps4 with no luck.  He also had this issue with the digital only version of the game in December which leads me to believe it in an issue with the internal HD of the ps4.  This lead him to go purchase the disc based version of the game which works just fine.  That being said, the normal version works just fine which we ended up playing tonight, its just the dlc that is causing the issue.

I know its not a fix, just wanted to let you know there are others experiencing the same problem.

Level 8

in reply to Tygrastic1

Tygrastic1 wrote:

He also had this issue with the digital only version of the game in December which leads me to believe it in an issue with the internal HD of the ps4.

Did he try swapping out the HDD in the PS4 for a bigger one? I've read that this can cause some issues if the new HDD isn't installed properly. It can work 99% of the time but has problems with digital content.

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

Nope, he has the factory issued one.  I told him to look into sending it back for warranty issues.  We played multiplayer without dlc just fine last night.  I think I recall him saying he is able to use the maverick still also, but any new maps give him the disc read error.

Level 8

in reply to Tygrastic1

Thanks for sharing Tygrastic.  I have the disk version of COD and had no previous problems.  At first I did think the problem may be hard drive related, but why is it that only COD is causing the disk read errors for everyone?  Talking to Sony, they just said the issue is with activision and not the hardware.  In fact while researching this issue it seems people have had the same disk read error using up to 3 different playstation 4s that they kept returning.  Hard drives are not the problem.  No other game is causing this.

Level 1

in reply to Guitarwolf1

Happening to me too. Sucks.

Level 1

in reply to Guitarwolf1

Here is an update.

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled at least 6 times.  At least 4 times on a wired connection.

I have initialized the PS4 and done the full reformat, completely erasing all data and starting from scratch.

I have booted the PS4 in safe mode and done the "rebuild database".

I have downloaded the DLC and updates in a variety of orders, and have downloaded other games and files to ensure the downloads were not going to the same location.

None of these solutions did anything at all.  I am still having the same problems.  One time after doing the recommended initialization of all data the game would not play at all, except for single player.  No error code, only a complete freeze.  There is a video below.  Another time the Free Fall map would not load and gave imagefile63 error, this map had previously worked.  Currently after reinstalling again Free Fall works, but the new DLC map pack does not work at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Daj6SPO_8

this video shows the complete freeze when trying to play anything but the single player.  This problem has gone away after reinstalling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeEEjViTD88

Here is what the imagefile64 error looks like on PS4.  It always freezes at the same loading spot on maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1PnAAqip30

Here is the imagefile64 error on a map that does finish loading.  Freeze happens within a minute of playing every time.

Level 1

in reply to Guitarwolf1

Hey Guitarwolf,

Since you have a disc, have you tried using your disc on another console or another disc on your console? Have you tried installing a few free games, movies, etc., before reinstalling CoD Ghosts, DLC, and updates?

Thanks,

^AJ

Community Coordinator

in reply to SavageHam

Hi SavageHam, yes I have tried installing other games and movies before and after reinstalling ghosts and the DLC.  I have tried all kinds of combinations to make sure it was not installing to the same location on the hard drive.  Including reformatting the hard drive.

I do not have any friends with a PS4 or a copy of ghosts. If you would like to send me one to try it out go ahead.

The game and previous DLC all worked fine until the new Onslaught map pack.  The disk is in perfect condition.  The fact that the only problem I ever had was with this DLC, and that DLC has been installed repeatedly and in various locations, tells me it is not the hard drive.  There is either a problem with the code in the DLC, or the file hosted on the playstation server is bad.  Although I don't understand why there wouldn't be a hash check to verify that the DLC download was complete.

Level 1

in reply to Guitarwolf1

The consensus on the playstation support forums is that this error is caused by broken code in the DLC, not a hardware issue.

Level 1

Studios