Ps4 dlc- disk read error imagefile64

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Re: Ps4 dlc- disk read error imagefile64

in reply to bighead14701

no other games work on my ps4 and to make things worse both of my ps3's are doing the same. corrupt files damaging hard drive from download. thats 3 systems 2 different (1 disc copy, 1 full download) copies of the game all doing the same and no answers. im pissed....

Level 1

in reply to smashsmash

why is it no matter whom i talk to they are insisting on me repeating what i already tried many times again. and again ending off with the same problems i would like to know why my systems are damaged from their products and who do i contact to have my ps3 x2 fix at their bill not mine??? also if anyone knows of class action law suit going on for this like their is for bf4 because i have lost about $1500 on this... someone needs to own up why this made it through testing are you all smoking crack or something ffs

Level 1

in reply to smashsmash

also found out this isnt just narrowed down to one shipment of consoles its happening all over and to any system during download of patches and dlc. oh i also got told to drop EVEN MORE MONEY on a external hard drive rather owning up to frying the ps hard drive

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to smashsmash

Corrupt files aren't going to cause damage to your system or cause any irreparable damage to your hard drive. System failures can be attributed to a number of things, but so far as consoles go at least, they are almost never the result of software running on the console. System failures are almost always the result of hardware failures due to factory defect, misuse, or poor maintenance. While a particular game may ultimately be the catalyst in the failure, it is not that specific game that caused it, the system would have failed if placed under similar stress by any game. Essentially, a game that is pushing the system to its theoretical limits will cause the system to fail if it can no longer reach those limits. That is a fault of the system or lack of proper maintenance, not the game.

Furthermore, virtually no electronics come with a lifetime warranty because all electronic devices will eventually fail. Most complex devices such as modern phones, game consoles, laptops and tablets have a life expectancy of 3 to 5 years before their components begin to degrade and failure becomes more likely to occur.

With regard to the issue you were experiencing with the DLC, follow the steps under the "When you cannot connect to PSN" in the guide linked below, delete the game from your console, restart your console, then try downloading and installing everything again.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/nw_test.html

Level 3

in reply to daltigoth

i had just got my 3rd replacement system yesterday took it out of box put cod with no dlc and 2 min in first tdm match imagefile7,62,64 plus others mp_body_fed_basic_assault_a_tr all disc read errors no psn errors. so this rules out any miss use or poor care and also i finally got my digital copy to work for my ps3 my ip is masked and nat type open for both systems. im sick of having to contact 2 different supports and being told its not their problem talk to the other, this is a huge ongoing problem for many. and seems someone has to own up before it can be addressed. alls i know ive tried to download game,dlc and software 50 different ways with no luck. Im sure its not at my end besides i payed for a working system and game why shouldnt i get one or atleast get my money back. I play video games i dont troubleshoot new equiptment they pay ppl to do this.by the looks of things they will keep replacing my system until my ps plus time is wasted waiting to this to be fixed or my year warranty will end then say well your screwed now.... Could support plz post something saying they are doing something about this??? instead of wasting our time deleting and re downloading 10hrs a day.

Level 1

in reply to smashsmash

Words cannot describe the anger I've gone through since the launch of this game, from first paying the $10 that PS4 gave me to digitally upload my game from the PS3 disc, and even now with bought DLC I'm still being banged from behind. Here's my story: digital upgrade from PS3 to PS4 in November...got imagefile errors (various numbers) went and bought hard copy of the PS4 version. so I've now bought the PS3 version..$60, digital upgrade..$10. Everything worked fine until the onslaught DLC. Couldn't play the new maps..$15, after that my regular maps started to kick me out and give me a disc read error image file 64. Called Playstation, did EVERYTHING, even wiped my system and downloaded the software onto a USB, and put it into my system and start new (after I had rebuilt the database multiple times and fully initialized my PS4 twice) so then Sony tells me maybe it's my disc? Because ALL my other games and movies work just fine, you know what, maybe you're right, bought a new disc..$60, install, get the same issue, WITH MY REGULAR MAPS now! I'm getting dropped, screen goes black..get the image file error. After talking to Playstation, well maybe it's a hard-drive issue? I could invest in a larger HD right? Be nice for the future...$85 dollars. AWESOME! This has to work right? Nopeeeeeee, still get the image file error. Awesome. Also between the onslaught and now, my game was working when I was avoiding the new maps, wanted early access to the ripper so bought the Season pass...$50, and that was after I had been playing all night and wasn't dropped. Since purchasing that I can't play any map without getting imagefile error. Call Playstation again, and I kid you not the girl says "well maybe you should just not play it anymore if it isn't working" !!!!!!!! WHAT?!  So I call Activision, they send me to open up ports, change some things around. Played 2 games in a row and didn't get dropped, theennnnnn it all started happening again. I've DL and reinstalled at least 20 times, and between Playstation and Activision I keep getting the exact. Same. Response. " you unplug your system? You delete and reinstall? Make sure you're wired in, blah blah BLAH. NONE OF IT WORKS! I'm expecting a box tomorrow to send my PS4 to get serviced, but I don't think it's my system. Also reading people's stories about how they sent theirs in and still got the issue, just makes me furious, and I haven't even seen Activision acknowledge this issue. Just tell you these steps that have proven to not work, that's all I do. I've spent $300 investing in this game trying to get to work, and all I'm getting is the middle finger from both sides. I had my friend get on my account on his Playstation and download the doc...had no issues. I can't even play the game. I want answers, because this is BS.

Level 1

in reply to Farewell_Fix

If you have another account/profile on your PS4 try using it. It may be that your profile is the cause of the problems.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to Guitarwolf1

Let me help you for this one. From a guy who had been experiencing this over months.

It's nothing wrong with your Game, Console, or anything whatsoever. It's the Router ! that gave you bad files in result of 'diskread error'  Imagine why wouldn't this happen before update ? why would it happen after patch/DLC/ anything you had to download ? 

I feel you guys for those who getting this. You should contact your ISP and replace new router. I replaced my crappy Thompson Router with Cisco. Everything works well. 

I hope this help. If it does help, spread this to others.

Level 1

in reply to Guitarwolf1

I Downloaded the new dlc today and now I can't play anything. Even older maps and modes. I can't play any match online without  the error and now the campaign is pulling this stuff. I've uninstalled and re installed three times and did a system restore on the ps4 and it still is giving me this error. I played ghosts last night at 9pm and the game worked fine so obviously it ha to be a problem with the code within the dlc itself.

Level 1

Studios