Read error imagefile 64, (from a no disc copy)

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Read error imagefile 64, (from a no disc copy)

i can't play the new extintion map past about 15 minutes, after this it freezes and comes up with the following statement.

DISC READ ERROR 'IMAGEFILE64'

now for a start i don't need a disc as my game came a a code with the console, so there shouldn't be any 'disc read' errors happening.

I'm not the only person having this issue, please explain/ send out a patch for this item

Level 1
13 REPLIES

Re: Read error imagefile 64, (from a no disc copy)

in reply to LARKIN14

I am having the same issue and it happens with a disc as well. I have reinstalled cleared cache and persistent storage. Nothing works. My game is completely useless after 5min in a map.

Level 1

in reply to imagefile64

Its still ocuring! The Update did not help which was released 2 Days ago. Its so poor...

Level 3

in reply to LARKIN14

Hey LARKIN14,

Thank you for posting your concerns!

Please try the following instruction provided by Arunprasath a fellow member of the forums:

1. Uninstall the game, updates and add-ons while your console is connected to the internet.

2. Disconnect your console from the internet.

3. Restart your console.

4. Reinstall the game offline.

5. After it is done installing try playing the game and see if it works.

6. If it does then connect your console back to the internet and install the updates.

7. Run your game and it'll work, if it doesn't then do a factory console reset and try the steps again

Let us know if it works!

^CA

ATVI Support

Player Support

in reply to FlavaSprinkles

This isnt working Dude. Ive tryed excactly what you said over and over again the last 4 weeks

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to FlavaSprinkles

I tried this as well with my disk a while back when I was getting the same error, and nothing works. I took it back to gamestop this weekend. I'm done with these problems.

Level 22

in reply to LARKIN14

This happening to me too, I even got a new XBoxOne from microsoft same thing, I bought the digital version of the game last night guess what same thing, Disc read error imagefile 62 and 64 I get booted from the game within a minute, don't tell me to rebbot the xbox or do a factory reset I've done both multiple times, nothing is working WTF do I have to do??????????

Level 1

in reply to swi11

Let me know if you find a solution because the idots at xbox and activison dont have a clue.

Level 1

in reply to swi11

I hope I can put some light on this subject, I have the same problem on my xbox one, after 4 hours of trying stuff

this is what I found out...........the original Ghosts game works just fine all the time. When I download either Onslaught or Devastation I always get  "error imagefile 64 or error imagefile 65".  When I deleted them one or both from the game everything went back to normal.  The original game worked just fine.  Go figure!  I downloaded each one then several times

and always the same thing. WTF!  This has to be a patch fix I hope?  I hope the people to be see this and do something

about it..............................I want to play the new maps.

Level 1

in reply to grouchyjames52

Same thing happens to me. The base game works fine no issues. As soon as I get a DLC map it boots me back to the multiplayer menu before the map even loads in. Xbox Support told me to take the disc back and try a different disc. Why would that matter if the base game works just fine? Idiots the lot of them.

Level 1

Studios