The game keeps crashing at random points.

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Re: The game keeps crashing at random points.

in reply to naftone1

Hey naftone1,

Thanks for trying that out! Have you tried adjusting your PC's power settings and using the High Performance settings? In the Control Panel, go to System and Security, Power Options, and select the High Performance Plan. Also, you can open up your AMD controller, go to the 3D application settings and adjust the Mip Map settings to enable Higher more stable Performance from your graphics card as oppose to Higher Quality. Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

^AJ

Community Coordinator

in reply to Horizon1052

I have same problem..

Level 1

in reply to Zdendazerehovna

The game has been crashing for me too in multiplayer. It seems to crash while loading the next map/match about ever 2 to 3 matches. I have already verified the game cache too. I also made sure prior to purchasing the game that I had at least the minimum requirements to play the game.

Level 1

in reply to Carter15716

Hi Carter15716,

Thanks for providing that information, sometimes is not only about having the correct hardware, but making sure that it is being utilized completely. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? Did you try to set the game file exe to run on all processors as outlined above? Though you may have the required hardware, can you please list what hardware you have so I may better access the situation?

Thanks,
^AJ

Community Coordinator

in reply to SavageHam

i uninstalled all the drivers, scanned the system with driver sweeper, reinstalled everything and now magically, at least the single player seems to be working fine... haven't tried the multi yet...

Level 1

in reply to naftone1

Hi naftone1,

Great! Thanks for keeping us updated on this issue. When you try multiplayer let us know your results!

Thanks,

^AJ

Community Coordinator

in reply to Horizon1052

great new PC duel 780 ti, i7 3.4 ghz, 48 ram and other OP parts

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Horizon1052

Everything worked fine with my msi gtx460 (16gb ram, phenom II x4 965) untill i decided to upgrade the gpu to msi gtx670. I started getting random crashes after 10-20 mins (blue screens) so I thought maybe the gpu is broken.

Got a SSD reinstalled windows on it, got the latest drivers for everything, installed ghosts again and now windows doesn't crash anymore (atleast not everytime) but the game still freezes after 10-20mins (the only way to close it, is with task manager) . To make sure the gpu isn't faulty I got that other new shooter from origin and I played it over an hour on ultra settings without any probs.

Pls help, tried the power settings, all cores are selected,...

Level 1

in reply to Bundybe

Hi there Bundybe,

Thanks for letting me know what you've tried. Have you checked that graphic settings in game? Some users reporting being able to play, but encountering frequent crashes have said, turning off Dynamic Fur and PhysX Turbulence in the Advanced Video settings  has solved their issues. Can you try that and let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

^AJ

Community Coordinator

in reply to Horizon1052

Have you looked at the Crash Report to see WHY the game is crashing?

1. Click start button
2. Type in “event viewer” and click it when it is found.
3. When Event Viewer loads, drop the little arrow next to Windows Logs and click on Application
4. In the events list look for the logs that have Error on them and click it.

You should see something like:

—————

Faulting application name: iw6mp64_ship.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5292b13a

Faulting module name: nvcuda.dll, version: 8.17.13.3182, time stamp: 0x5280db7b

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000009b506

Faulting process id: 0x2dd4

Faulting application start time: 0x01cef1606758e9f1

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Ghosts\iw6mp64_ship.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\nvcuda.dll

Report Id: b3ccd870-5d53-11e3-af3d-6cf049505515

----------------

Make sure that the "Faulting application name" is "iw6mp64_ship.exe" as that is the Ghosts MP game then see what the Faulting Module name is.  This will help you narrow down the cause of the crash.  Not always but 95% of the time this is very helpful info,  Then use Google to search for the issue.

In the above example it was PhysX that caused that particular issue.  Changing PhysX to use the CPU and not the GPU fixed that case but you will most likely have a different faulting module name to the above example.

<< Anim >>

Level 1

Studios