Why are riot shields indestructible?

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Why are riot shields indestructible?

I understand they should be able to take a certain amount of damage, but at some point bullets should start ripping through them and the player (behind the riot shield) should start taking significant damage (and possibly get killed if they're damaged enough just like a non riot shield player). The way things are with the riot shields right now, the game is unfair and imbalanced.  It gives too much of an advantage to players who use riot shields. I think an adjustment should be made to make the playing field even.

Level 3
29 REPLIES

Re: Why are riot shields indestructible?

in reply to JBZ_88

Aim for the feet.

Despising cheaters since 1970
Activision Ambassador

in reply to bighead14701

I already know about aiming at body parts that are exposed, but it's not always that easy to get the chance to shoot an exposed part if the riot shield holder is crouching and in the right position (esp. head on). I just don't like how the riot shields are a bit too unrealistic & it automatically gives it's holder a greater advantage. I know somethings will be a little different than real life, it's just that a riot shield should have some kind of limit to what it can withstand.

Level 3

in reply to JBZ_88

No. You have clearly never used a riot shield in game.

Level 10

in reply to Fang_1192

Actually I don't think he's even played MW2, leave him be, trying to incite realism in COD, I salute that guy lol

Level 4

in reply to Tommy92gunner

Or he used the riot shield in mw3 and broke controllers. 

Level 14

in reply to HEREIAMNOW

I posted this to share my opinion with IW. I don't need foolish replies from some immature message board posters with nothing better to do with their time than to stalk message boards looking for a reason to spread their ignorance in text format. And I clearly stated that I know the game isn't going to be realistic, but everything should have some kind of limit. I'm sure someone from IW will comprehend my post and that's all that matters.

Level 3

in reply to JBZ_88

This is a discussion board and you are attacking a playstyle people like to use. We have just as many privileges to post as you do. Also, if it weren't for us, your post wouldn't even be visible. It would just get buried under the mountain of other threads. But hey, flame all the immature board members you like, that will go over real well with the moderators. Your idea is stupid.

Level 10

in reply to Fang_1192

His idea isn't stupid, he just doesn't know how to explain it that well. IMO the shield should degrade over time, or AP rounds should be able to penetrate just like how they penetrate through other surfaces like brick, wood, trees, and metal. All the Shield is, is ballistic plastic, glass, and metal. It shouldn't be indestructible, and it should have a bit more counters.

Level 16

in reply to Firesens

The counter is flanking, or using explosives thrown around the shield. The idea to make the Shield penetrable makes the shield useless.

Level 10

Studios