Will changing my gamertag reset my account?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Will changing my gamertag reset my account?

Hi,

I need will need help. I am going to change my gamertag to a new one that I like better. My only problem is that if I change my gamertag will it reset all my stuff in CoD and everything I earned will be lost? I am right now lvl 50 and had unlocked a lot of stuff in the game which I have worked hard and took a lot of time to earn this and I don't wanna lose it. Thanks for reading plz reply.

Level 1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Will changing my gamertag reset my account?

in reply to NotSoPro24
Solution
‎19-04-2014 05:21 AM

you will not lose anything , that is why I mentioned that I did not lose my founder status or anything else Including stats from past games gamer scores nothing gets lost,,,,,,,,, on elite and the cod app my old name pops up once in awhile doesn't matter how many times I unlink and relink my account the only place my old name pops up on the ghost app is in clan chat. No big deal.

Level 75
4 REPLIES

in reply to NotSoPro24

NNo changing your gamer tag will reset your account , I changed mine and have not lost anything including my founder status from mw3. so you can change your gt and not lose anything .

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to MindSpazms

Thanks so much!

Level 1

in reply to NotSoPro24

It is your account that matters, not the gamertag. The gamertag is like a label that can be changed..

The only need for worry is that it can affect clan accounts. But this can be fixed by unlinking and linking cod account.

Ouhateme is correct.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to NotSoPro24
Solution
‎19-04-2014 05:21 AM

you will not lose anything , that is why I mentioned that I did not lose my founder status or anything else Including stats from past games gamer scores nothing gets lost,,,,,,,,, on elite and the cod app my old name pops up once in awhile doesn't matter how many times I unlink and relink my account the only place my old name pops up on the ghost app is in clan chat. No big deal.

Level 75

Studios