call of duty ghosts shutting off system

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Highlighted

call of duty ghosts shutting off system

when playing the game my playstation will randomly shut off and the red power light will blink... only happens when i play call of duty ghosts tho is the game too advanced for my system or why would it not shut off for any other game

Level 1
7 REPLIES

Re: call of duty ghosts shutting off system

in reply to travisn50

Hi travisn50,

About how old is your console? Do you receive any error messages when this occurs? Have you tried reinstalling the game and updates on your console?

Thanks,

^AJ

Community Coordinator

in reply to SavageHam

the console is a referbished L01 model i get no error messages just shuts off on me in the middle of playing the game but any other game doesnt do this..

Level 1

in reply to travisn50

Can you please try deleting the game data utility folder, re-install all updates/DLC and let see if that gets rid of the crashing.

For more information on how to do this, please see:

Remove PS3 game data utility files

Thanks,

^JG

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

in reply to Seanicus23

ive done all that could the game require too much ram i have a 3rd gen ps3 CECHL01 model i dont see it being a fault in the playstation if it only happens with this one game

Level 1

in reply to travisn50

Greetings travisn50,

Do you have a physical copy of the game or a digital download? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and updates? Have you had maintenance performed on your console?

Thanks,

^AJ

Community Coordinator

in reply to travisn50

I seem to be having the same problem and it seems to be only with COD based games. I am getting the same issue with both MW3 and Ghosts. Funny thing is MW3 (which I have had for a while) worked up to yesterday (but I have not played it for about a year).

Level 1

in reply to rtyler1869

Hey rtyler1869,

I understand that you are having a similar issue, are you getting any error messages when this occurs? What console are you on? About how old is your console? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

Thanks,

^AJ

Community Coordinator

Studios