lost last nights progress "Again!"

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

lost last nights progress "Again!"

I know I can't be the only one that this has happened too. You get done playing for the night, back out to the main menu of the game, and quit the game. You shut down your ps3. The next time you turn on your ps3, you find the progress you made the night before is gone! That has happened to me at least 3 times so far with this game. I know I will never get it back.

It wouldn't be so bad, if I played MP. all the time! I don't I prefer Squads over MP. "really hard to have a hacking bot!" You can't unlock anything in squads, so I must play MP! "I want to be a bush wookie too!" Not to mention, you rank up 10x fast in MP than in squads.

I have had problems from the COD line of games! Starting with MW3. I have been telling my self "give them one more chance" But with this last game, it is the last game. There was a time I loved Activison games "back in the 90's", but with what it is now. I must cut my loses.

Level 1
8 REPLIES

Re: lost last nights progress "Again!"

in reply to sabernub

Hey sabernub,

What you experienced is a rollback which occurs when your connectivity with the servers becomes unstable, thus corrupting your game data. Once you data becomes corrupted, the system will go back to your last safe save before the corruption occurred. You can review the following suggestions on how to prevent future rollbacks here Activision Support. You can try these steps to improve connectivity Activision Support.

^MC

Community Coordinator

in reply to _Pwnies_

The tips you refer to, I did with black ops 2!!! This is a different game, and I am still having the same type of issues. So, some how it is my fault? Like I said "cut my loses!!!"

Level 1

in reply to sabernub

Hey sabernub,

I understand how frustrating it may be to occasionally lose game progress. If you wish for us to continue assisting you in this issue, please reply to the following questions. Are you connected to the internet via wifi or wired? What region in the world are you playing from? Also, can you please post your results from Speedtest.net for our reference?

Thanks,

^MC

Community Coordinator

in reply to _Pwnies_

I Am not running speedtest.net, because I am running throu a network cable to the router. I am in Ohio, Mid West USA.

Anyone who has spent $120.00 on a product. Should have some expectation that something like this doesn't happen.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to sabernub

Dude, if you go to http://speedtest.net/ like support asked, you give them valuable data about your connection to help them help you. (Unless you've already provided latency and throughput/bandwidth figures for your connection.) The fact that you're plugged straight into a router (unless you work at an ISP) means diddly.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Barry

Level 1

in reply to z3ndrag0n

Dude, speedstest.net tests wifi. I don't use wifi, I have a network cable dude.

Level 1

in reply to sabernub

Uh no, *speedtest.net* (I don't know what speeds test.net is) is for getting latency and throughput deals about your connection based on ping and transfer tests to the nearest server, regardless of whether your connection is wired or wireless. You may see support tell people reporting problems with their wireless connection to run it, but that's to see how bad their connection is, versus do anything about that it's wireless.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Barry

Level 1

in reply to z3ndrag0n

your what ever test . Net, web page Say's wifi test tool. I don't know you, or your agenda. So I will take what I saw on there web site over some flake on COD web site says.

Level 1

Studios