why does the cod ghosts app installed on my windows 8.1 laptop not work propperly.

Call of Duty Ghosts Support Forum

Highlighted

why does the cod ghosts app installed on my windows 8.1 laptop not work propperly.

the app loads up fine, i think, i just cant use clan wars propperly i am unable to click on the map and see how many wins i have or other teams have, i cant even pick a target to attack say hctdm, this is rubbish as its useless im unable to take part in clan wars as a result joke. anybody else having this problem or is it just me and is there a fix im guessing not any help would be great

Level 1
11 REPLIES

Re: why does the cod ghosts app installed on my windows 8.1 laptop not work propperly.

in reply to titanbatesy

Didn't know you could have this on computer, or am I thinking of the wrong app?? Thought it only worked on phone's and tablets

Level 2

Re: why does the cod ghosts app installed on my windows 8.1 laptop not work propperly.

in reply to titanbatesy

Not all windows phone apps work properly on a windows 8 computer. It could also be that you're running 8.1 and maybe the slight differences between the two are enough to break the app. Also, have you used it on a windows 8 phone to see if the app is just plain broken yet?
windows phones are pretty much the smallest player in the smart phone market so it's possible that the app is just not a priority to the developers. Remember CoD Elite?

Level 5

in reply to captain_howdy69

Hi ive tried on both windows 8 and 8.1 systems with no joy , unfortunately my nokia lumia which is windows 8 is not compatable when i try to download the app from windows store so guess im stuffed unless they sort the compatability issues out.Thanks for the reply.

Level 1

in reply to titanbatesy

Is your laptop a touchscreen? I believe it needs a touchscreen it doesn't work with a mouse.

Level 4

in reply to NiteFalken

hi unfortunately its not a touchscreen , i have 3 android touch screen devices neither of which are compatable, a nokia lumia and you guessed it is not compatable and 2 windows 8 laptops one running windows 8 and the other running 8.1 and the app doesn't work as intended on those either what a joke!! Thanks for your reply

Level 1

in reply to titanbatesy

Windows Phone Apps may work funky on Win 8.x, try this No phone/tablet, No problem, run COD App on Windows/Mac

Level 1

in reply to titanbatesy

I know for sure that if you have the app on computer it will not let you look at wins or anything like that like the app dose on phones. I was trying to figure the same thing out. but I know for sure its not only you.

Level 5

in reply to titanbatesy

Because its touch screen app for Windows 8 devices with touch screen.

Level 64

in reply to titanbatesy

Hello titanbatesy,

Thanks for posting.

While you may be able to download the app on your computer, it is not 100% compatible. For a list of all devices that can run the app, please see: https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-App-Compatibility

Thanks,

^JG

ATVI Support

Community Coordinator

Studios