@ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Highlighted

Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...

in reply to Elite King

SIMPLER TIME

Futuristic? I'd say it's pretty close to present day/realistic - I mean there aren't any robots and we aren't using laser guns. WW2 or prior would be fun though.

BETTER CONNECTION

I don't think the devs have figured out (or given enough effort) how to make this work better on the Wii U. I'd rather they spent money on dedicated servers, making this work on the U, and making it all work better than a dog or the campaign. Ghosts runs better for me than BO2.

OBJECTIFYING WOMEN

What? I think your old lady put you up to most of that. Look, it's a mature title. Under that they could, in theory, have boobs (gasp! a nipple!) and dongs flying around and more cussing (like BO2). Same as any "mature" movie. I've never seen any objectification of women like you describe in Ghosts. I've seen pictures of women's faces and a girl in a swimsuit once. There are ads in real life that depict women (and men) in a "sexy" manner. Yes there is a nudey bar - but strip clubs exist, women (and men, remember) do strip and no one puts a gun to their heads to make them strip. Girls FINALLY got a female soldier, which is awesome. And before launch, Queen poo-poo'd that with a boycott threat and said how you all wouldn't buy Ghosts because it would be horrible to women and guys would be so gross to the female characters, blah, blah, blah. We all said she was wrong...and guess what? She was wrong. Dead wrong. It always amazes me when feminists do more damage to their cause than help it. The devs are creating realistic environments. In reality, those things exist. It's supposed to be "real" - not some paradise where there is no trouble and nothing but unicorns and rainbows. Do I like it? I don't really care. It's not at a level that makes me uncomfortable. I have a daughter, so I am constantly aware and am a feminist to a certain degree. I've had thousands of hours of conversation regarding feminism with feminists. What you refer to in Ghosts is not objectifying. Unless you are just complaining about BO2, but that wouldn't make sense because this is a Ghosts forum.

MAP DESIGN

If they were the same in every game, people would complain. BO2 had a lot of CQC so it was nice to see a game where it was more open and people could hardscope snipe. They should be different each year - my preference would be a balanced mixture (BO2 came sort of close). These maps were also designed for more players (can't 18 players play on the other consoles?) in one match so I understand why they are so big. They might also be testing how people react to big maps so they can get closer to designing BF-like maps. I like the maps on Ghosts. I can work on getting 4 gold guns at the same time because the map sizes are different. I can use a sniper for the big maps. I can use an SMG for the smaller maps. I can use an LMG or MR for the in-between maps. I think that's an indicator of good map size balance. It also forces the people who use one gun on every map for the life of the game to try other guns.

GAME MODES

Game modes offered depends on player count. I can't play KC on HC because we don't have the numbers. So I'd rather them spend that dev money on something else than a mode that no one will play anyway. I wish we had larger numbers. I'd love to see more modes.

OPEN DIALOGUE

I agree. Any flack or trolling they get, which makes them leave, is due to things they cause. They must sleep in the bed they made. If they are that sensitive to negative feedback...VALID negative feedback, then they should make a better game.

Level 23

in reply to M4GNUM

M4GNUM wrote:

OBJECTIFYING WOMEN

1: What? I think your old lady put you up to most of that.

2: Girls FINALLY got a female soldier, which is awesome. And before launch, Queen poo-poo'd that with a boycott threat and said how you all wouldn't buy Ghosts because it would be horrible to women and guys would be so gross to the female characters, blah, blah, blah. We all said she was wrong...and guess what? She was wrong. Dead wrong.

3: What you refer to in Ghosts is not objectifying. Unless you are just complaining about BO2, but that wouldn't make sense because this is a Ghosts forum.

1. does it need to be there? Queen and i are very alike in a sense that we enjoy the same things and dislike the same things. i got used to W@W, MWR and BO having great content in the maps.....didnt play Arkaden cuz of it and didnt play express or plaza cuz of the stuff within it. its not needed and its pointless.  is there a tactical advantage for having them there? no

2. " there was literally no difference in the male and female characters apart from the hair and the face, but overall good job on that part, if girls are to be included in future titles i can only hope they will be done as tastefully as they were in Ghosts." i can admit that what we thought they were goin to be dressed as was wrong but you cant say that she is dead wrong about the treatment of girls using girl characters. your "dead wrong"  idea is like saying that all girls have long hair, and what...you have to go across the world constantly monitoring every bodies hair lengths in order to prove yourself?

3. dont know what is in ghost apart from what you told me and i know there is a strip club in one of the maps and its featured on the map picture. true this is a G's forum, but alas this is a Call Of Duty website and talking about what is going on within Call of Duty at the moment gives me the right to include Gs and BO2 as the most recent games to have such content in them.

Level 47

in reply to Elite King

i think he was responding to how you and queen felt guys would be talking trash to players female characters, which doesn't happen. case and point, gamebro plays as a girl. i dont hear anyone whistling at him through the mic .

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

BobbyMcGee wrote:

i think he was responding to how you and queen felt guys would be talking trash to players female characters, which doesn't happen. case and point, gamebro plays as a girl. i dont hear anyone whistling at him through the mic .

I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen, I've not heard it once myself. Also not one female player I know has complained about pictures of women or anything in the game..

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

^ this. I play with girls and never once has any of them been offended by female "anything" in the game. They all love the addition of a female soldier. I play with guys who play as girls (lol) - hell I even did with one soldier to mix it up - never has anything "dirty" been said or done.

Level 23

in reply to Elite King

EliteKing wrote:

1. does it need to be there? Queen and i are very alike in a sense that we enjoy the same things and dislike the same things. i got used to W@W, MWR and BO having great content in the maps.....didnt play Arkaden cuz of it and didnt play express or plaza cuz of the stuff within it. its not needed and its pointless.  is there a tactical advantage for having them there? no

2. " there was literally no difference in the male and female characters apart from the hair and the face, but overall good job on that part, if girls are to be included in future titles i can only hope they will be done as tastefully as they were in Ghosts." i can admit that what we thought they were goin to be dressed as was wrong but you cant say that she is dead wrong about the treatment of girls using girl characters. your "dead wrong"  idea is like saying that all girls have long hair, and what...you have to go across the world constantly monitoring every bodies hair lengths in order to prove yourself?

3. dont know what is in ghost apart from what you told me and i know there is a strip club in one of the maps and its featured on the map picture. true this is a G's forum, but alas this is a Call Of Duty website and talking about what is going on within Call of Duty at the moment gives me the right to include Gs and BO2 as the most recent games to have such content in them.

EliteKing

1. If you start making a list of all the things that "need" or "need not" be there, then you'll have a huge list. Who cares if there is a tactical advantage. How many things in these games don't give a tactical advantage, but are still there? Are you upset that the birds are always circling over the ocean, apparently never getting food and will eventually starve and fall to where a shark will then eat them?

2. How do I prove myself? I play with women. You are basing your opinion off of yourself and ONE OTHER GIRL. I know 10 girls that aren't upset at all and would be pretty pissed that all your belly aching will make the female soldier go away. So yes...dead wrong. Nothing she was complaining about (before launch mind you) came to be as I told her it wouldn't. Like I said before, the worst kind of feminist is one who ends up hurting the cause than helping it.

3. Wait...you don't even have the game? You wrote ALL that in your OP based off a screenshot? We're discussing this for days now and you haven't even played the game??? Jesus tap dancing christ, dude. Any argument you've made has just collapsed on itself.

Level 23

in reply to Elite King
  • stop objectifying women

i understand that this game is rated M for Mature, but lets be reasonable here. is there really a need to have pictures of women such as Arkaden, Plaza, Express among other DLC maps? is there really a need to have a strip club that has a sign saying "Nude Girls" on it?

So this offends u but the fact that u r killing people doesn't? do u want to pretend that things like this don't exist? get over it. this is the least of problems in this game.

Level 3

in reply to GHOSTED11

Good point about killing people. And dogs.

Level 23

in reply to GHOSTED11

I have no idea where you're from but I'm UK, and it horrifies me that it seems to be an American thing that guns and gun related deaths are the norm in the states, let alone the highest in the world. One of the most shocking stories I read in recent times was last black Friday, where arguments broke out in the shops and people got shot, while other shoppers carried on shopping while gun shots were going on. People placing  materialism over people's lives is what's wrong with this world. So yeah, you have a very interesting point..

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

shootings happen a lot where there are extreme gun control laws. in other words the good guys can't have a gun but the bad guys can. Chicago is the prime example of the strictest gun control legislation and the most violent gun crimes in the states.

Level 3

Studios