As someone who can actually use the wiimote...

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Re: As someone who can actually use the wiimote...

in reply to TyIez

There was a sway for a while in mw3 in ads like there is in ghosts right now, but they fixed something which cured it. I hope they manage it in this game too, because using sights makes it worse. I normally never use sights, I hate using sights, but with the bigger maps I've given in to the use of them..

Level 21

in reply to nintendon_t

nintendon't wrote:

WAW/MWR are straight up easy mode because of the way hit detection is in those games though. 9 times out of 10 your opponents don't even know how to lag shoot so it's like taking candy from a baby. I'm pretty average with the Wiimote and I can stack choppers/dogs in those games like it's nothing.

come and have a few games with me and see if its still nothing

yes there are some pretty ordinary players but not all are as bad as you make out

not as many campers scared of damaging their precious kdr either

Level 13

in reply to Padiego

This post title of his is very amusing. I don't know why he thinks his opinion carries anymore weight than any other human beings. And if your going to make a post implying your an elite wii remote user king who only knows how to use it properly, at least have an elite kd. I'm not going to make a big deal out of that because skill doesn't have everything to do with your experience with a particular control setting. But I just wanted to make a minor note that you contradicted yourself with your title alone. This AA issue is more about your experience with or without AA rather than your skill with or without it, which I think is the part you have failed to grasp. So when you try to imply that your opinion weighs more because your the only one good enough to use it you've created another contradictory because there are people who's kds are higher than yours, mine included, so does that mean we have more of a say on this issue than you? Feel free to answer that if you can. Referring back to a point made earlier about your kds being better as the games progressed, that was a point that is purely subjective and not objective because my kd was 2.5 bo, 2.83 mw3, and dropped to a 2.11 bo2. Logic would tell you maybe my kd dropped in bo2 with the introduction of a stronger DA AA. But again everyone's kds were affected differently so this a poor angle to use for this AA debate. We can throw around opinions all day, but when it comes down to facts and reality there were not half as many DA vs Wii mote tension and complaints in this community before the Wii U current days of bo2 and ghosts, no debating. And in the Wii days the AA for both controllers were completely balanced. That's factual and not opinionated. Now your posting videos trying to convince to the community that wii remote AA is a exploited crutch and not a fundamental. And you state good players don't need AA. Well answer this, does a "good" player put himself at a disadvantage against the opponent? I think human logic would say no and would lean more towards a arrogant foolish player would. But your saying DA AA in ghosts is not an advantage. But the literal meaning of advantage is the state of having a favorable success, and clearly AA is not giving DA players unfavorable success. But if your saying AA is not an advantage and we know its not a disadvantage, what other word in the English language could you use?  Controller settings in a video game are in the options menu, and the literal meaning of an option is the freedom of choice not vice versa. So apply the literal definition of a elementary word to your brain so that you can realize AA should be left as an OPTION of the player's discretion. 

Level 1

in reply to bigdaddy0964

you overthought this way too much, fella. And you took his comments way out of context...

he never claimed he was an elite wiimote user, he just said he was pretty darn good with it (which he is).

Also, since when did he say his opinion was better than everyone else's? I don't see that anywhere in this thread?

so, yeah. chill out, or do whatever you need to to calm the eff down because you went way overboard here..

Level 10

in reply to skMace0

Far from overboard buddy. You just don't like that people are responding to y'all s illogical comments. "As someone who can actually use the wii remote" imply s he's above average. And when you put that as your title it hints to us his maturity level.
Then he wants to make it seem like his opinion is fact and the majority when it is in fact the other way around. Sorry my previous comment was to complex for your thought process. People tend to be copious in an open debate.

Level 1

in reply to bigdaddy0964

Nah it is overboard and very long winded. Its all about understanding sarcasm. As a britt i'm an expert on it and understand that Americans don't pick up on it too well, often mistaking it for serious. One of the reasons I like old Padders is his ability to understand and use sarcasm as an American, we have a few like him in our clan, and we get on like a house on fire. You just don't know our Padders like I do. He's just making a point and I back him up with it, because I too am someone that can actually use a wiimote, but that does not in any way mean I am good with it. So yeah, you wasted a lot of time writing that essay, and I'm sure to Padders it will be like water off a ducks back. lol sorry Padders for bringing ducks into it

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

You just had to bring ducks into this, didn't ya?

I read his reply last night and I thought he made some good points, so I decided to sleep on it and come up with a a response I thought he deserved. Of course, he's just a troll who thinks he's more intelligent than us. @guy You call me out on me considering myself to be of an elite status, yet you do the same. The title "As someone who can actually use the wiimote" meant exactly that. Like many people here have already said, you read too much into it. Read my other replies, make what you want of it. The whole point of this thread and the deleted one was to call out the hypocrites. If the shoe fits, by all means wear it. But if you suffered from the lack of AA, and you consider yourself to be a wiimoter who is better than those so called "DA AA scum"...well, I got some news for you.

Level 33

in reply to Padiego

So, to summarise. What are we concluding here? Is AA a crutch or not?

Because if it is, I'm going out on a limb here and say ' well I'm giving that a go! '.

Having played CoD on the zapper since W@W, I will say that I'm pretty good on the Wiimote. Not amazing but ok.

KDR means little if you play for objectives, and to support teams.

I would say, it is my use of the maps that gets me through more than my reflexes.

But with Ghosts, I'm going to take any help I can get.

Playing in the UK is tough, couple that with a 60 ping/ 1.40up/ .40 down connection.

It is safe to say that I will lose 80% of face to face fire fights, and when I kill them I generally feel sorry for them as it is usually a lag kill. It has even reached the point that clan mates from the US will drop out when it gets too bad.

The lag is so bad, if AA is training wheels then I might just strap them on for Ghosts.

Level 6
Highlighted

in reply to Padiego

We are talking about the wii u Right which was the wii befor and the only remote was the wii mote and no one had any problems then. That is why we bought the wii or wii u is for this remote. Then here come the pro remote and pad. Then are game's as we use to play got nerfed down. But on the other side using the pad or pro remote is different as it should be, i play with both not a pro at either one and both take a skill to play with and the point is to find a equal playing  field right so lets help instead of arguing about what happened. the aa isn't as good as it use to be but it's there and about the same on all remotes now. so lets make the best of it and play.

Level 1

in reply to Padiego

Eh don't worry about it Pads.  May I call you pads?  You make a good point when your post is directed at people who are being hypocritical.  This thread is too long for me to into all the details.  It's 5:00am.  I just got moved in after spending 27 hours packing and moving stuff out of my house without any food or sleep.  I'm still not all there yet.  Sooooo....anyway

I just played a few matches with the new controls and some bots handed my my butt.  Double the turning speed was too much and I kept getting registered outside the sensor bar so my control would just dive on the screen.   A few settings tweaks later and I'm back to beastin wiithout AA. And having fun too like trying to jump down behind guys and knife them.  Picking up a sniper and not hitting anythin with it. Just a blast with my Clan. Well part of it anyway.  New fancy internet ran great.  No lag.  still getting the lack of damage indication so I think something is up with that.  I don't know where I was goind with this.  I'm so tired.  Getting delirious now.  I'll post late when I'm more useful.

Level 33

Studios