As someone who can actually use the wiimote...

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Re: As someone who can actually use the wiimote...

in reply to like2nap03

The lag is soooooooooooooooo bad for me, the game is no longer playable and its going in the bin. Ive tried and tried again, and EVERY game is the same. I start a game, find myself 0-12 after 23 mins, no matter what style I try to play, so leave, and try again, same in same out. It got to the stage where I didnt even try to shoot people coz it was pointless, I just apped flags with smoke - I managed a 0-23-23 last night - The random red damage blood that was mentioned above, happens to me ALL the time, its like in MW3 when bullets where indefinite and went through the entire map. Ive spawned infront of someone after theyve just killed me. EVERY time I try to cap a flag, theres someone spawning directly on top of me. Everytime I try to move around theres someone window camping and I cant move 5ft before dying. Im constantly getting framerate drops, screen skips, and insta deaths from people I ran straight past but who wasnt there when I looked. The maps are all samey samey, look very dull and colourless. My character cant climb over walls. My hud feels tiny compared to other cods. No emblems, the prestige symbols looks cheap ass, levelling up is soooooooooooooo slow. People only play dom and tdm. Streaks are worthless. Join a lobby when your team is getting spanked, lets say 12-120, so I leave, then get put straight back, maybe 7-8 times to the same game. I can log off the net, come back and still get put back in the same game. Ive lost hundreds of games like this.

All in all, this game is shocking in every aspect, and I honestly dont have 1 positive thing to say. I never thought id say this and actually mean it, but im done with cod. Its been on the slide since mw3, and just isnt worth the hassle it causes.

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to Incredible_Mr

You don't have to put it in the bin, just take/send it back to the shop and say there is something wrong with the game after an hours play, no one is going to go through the campaign for an hour while you wait for your money. Also we have a clause here, if you say there is something wrong with it, there for it doesn't fit your requirements, they have no choice but to refund you on the spot..

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

"Hi, yes, this here disc spontaneously combusted after an hour's play, can I get a refund please?"

Level 33

in reply to Padiego

Padiego wrote:

"Hi, yes, this here disc spontaneously combusted after an hour's play, can I get a refund please?"

I've done it twice before with reflex, there was a spot in campaign mode where it got stuck, it was way into the game, each time, someone said we'll just test it, I said they'll be playing for hours to reach that point but they took it for a test anyway, then 5 or 10 minutes later they came back and said the disc was fine but offered me an exchange or my money back, each time I went for the exchange. Did the same thing at Game UK with cod3. Don't you wish you lived in the UK?

Level 21

Universal healthcare, cute, pasty scottish women....damn it, I gotta move.

Level 33

There is talk on the ps360 forums stores are no longer refunding money and taking the game back. Too many returns...

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

BobbyMcGee wrote:

There is talk on the ps360 forums stores are no longer refunding money and taking the game back. Too many returns...

I'm sure he can here, but we all know if he binned it he'll buy another one anyway

Level 21

in reply to Incredible_Mr

I've been reading this side of the forums over time to get a feel for how the game performs, especially for people who have struggled with the same problems as I did with BO2.  Can't say that I'm impressed.

There are a good selection of things that I really like the look of with Ghosts.  But problems like these are the main reason why I deliberatly held off putting any money on the game for any platform.

It's not just limited to the Wii U, either.  I was watching my nephew playing Ghosts on the XBox 360.  Still no sign of dedicated servers since he got "Host Migration" with two matches.  The game performed better but there was still evident lag that caused so many problems.  He even got teleported back about 5 seconds and then died from...something.  No idea what.

He'll be insta-killed, be firing at point blank and getting nothing, etc.  There were also a couple of matches where it was almost as if half the enemy team were killing him from under the map.  If this is what it is like for a console that receives the treatment of royalty, then....yeah.

Dedicated servers won't make most of these problems magically vanish, either.  And I can't see any platform getting any until the XBox One have had them for a week or more.  Take a guess which platform will get them last, if at all.

I know how you feel about being done with CoD since I've been getting that feeling over the last week.  I won't be getting Ghosts if I continue to see these kinds of problems so I've had to stick with BO2.  But that is slowly going (deeper) down the toilet since even new players seem to be buying the game just to boost or grief other players.  Hell, they are that confident that support has been dropped that they are glitching into a building on Stand Off to boost.  The lower player base has only added to lag and good luck to anybody that ends up in a glitched lobby that was set up by a group of boosters using dialup.

Level 10

Studios