Call of Duty Players 'Aren't Hardcore Gamers', Says Infinity Ward

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Highlighted

Re: Call of Duty Players 'Aren't Hardcore Gamers', Says Infinity Ward

in reply to The_Tickler1

I think what they've done with CoD is they've created a sport. It's a sport like the X Games, or monster truck racing, or wrestling is sport. It is competition technically, but the real goal is entertainment.

I'm older than a lot of you gamers though.

Level 5

in reply to Major Stains

Good thing he didn't say he had binders full of women or everyone would be going crazy.  No need to overanalyze, it just means there are a wide variety that play CoD.

Level 25

in reply to Major Stains

This is the way I see it.

There's 3 kinds of people who play CoD...actually there's more, but let's narrow it down to three so we're not here all night long.

Casuals. Them filthy casuals who only play CoD and other games every now and then.

Call of Duty-ers. Those who play only play CoD or CoD-like games. Basically those who do not wander off very far.

Gamers. Those who see games as an art form and not simple entertainment.

I would classify myself as a gamer, as my library is varied and I am not biased when it comes to reviewing a game(most of the time ). I play CoD, I play platformers, other FPSs, first person adventures, strategy, third person adventure, third person sandbox, first person sandbox, indie games, etc. I love games as much as a bookworm loves books and a film fanatic loves films. The same way one can have a discussion about Tale of Two Cities or Scarface, I can have a discussion about Super Mario 64 and how the fish Ai in that game is superior to Ghosts'.

Level 33

Studios