Cod Ghost Wii U DLC

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Cod Ghost Wii U DLC

How come we still dont have the dlc (Onslaught) for COD Ghost Wii U wen its already available on others competitor hardware, im wondering how can you expect to make better sell over wii u version wen you sell it at 60$ with no content, We Wii U Fan deserve the same treatement, its by adding content that it will make the community grow, im not the only one who asking for Dlc 3/4 of COD Ghost on wii u ask for it so can we get them plz.

Level 1
46 REPLIES

Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC

in reply to Fireblue30

I'd say more like 99%, instead of the 75. we don't get answers for these questions tho

Level 3

in reply to Fireblue30

Nintendo doesn't allow the developers to sell the DLC on eShop, instead nintendo buys the rights of release, and then keeps control of the eShop. When you buy from PS4, XB1, or PC you're still paying Activision but through PSN, XBL, or Steam. After that Activision pays Sony, Microsoft, or Valve their percentage under their business arrangements. Nintendo just doesn't want to be a middle man. Activision did sell the License for the Free Fall Map to Nintendo, because Ghosts didn't meet Activision's sales expectations. I also heard a rumor that Extinction got DLC..I hope this is true, I'll find out when I get home and check eShop

Level 1

in reply to V4N6U4RD

i dont agree with any of this, and no, i can guarantee without looking no extinction dlc has been added.

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

Too bad about Extinction DLC...but think about that fact that Wii U doesn't have Battlefield. If Dice wouldn't mind porting some BF multiplayer games to the Frostbite 1 Engine then Wii U could run BF3 or BF4 and EA would sell a product that would make them money, and for Dice it wouldn't be anything new. But  Frostbite MP requires Origin to be hosted...Nintendo doesn't allow Origin to run on their servers which makes Battlefield unavailable (without an Origin server). Some EA games did manage get a Nintendo License (example Need for Speed & Mass Effect 3), which required an EA account to play ME3 Multiplayer, but no additional DLC. FYI Need for Speed now runs on Frostbite 3...What's so hard to believe about Nintendo's DLC Policy?

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to V4N6U4RD

You are talking out of your arse. Activision don't have to sell "licenses" or any crap to put DLC out. If they want to sell DLC, they make it, have Nintendo test it to make sure they can allow it on the eShop, then Nintendo puts it up. When you buy that DLC the money goes to Activision and Nintendo will take a cut for hosting it on the eShop, just like XBLA, just like PSN.

There's no DLC because the game probably sold like crap so Activision don't think it's worth using up resources for something that might not even be profitable. Simple as that.

Level 1

in reply to sisibakbak

You're using the effect and calling it the cause. Since Black Ops 2, Treyarch ports over the XBox360 version of Call of Duty using a templated control protocol which contains prescripted code allowing Non-Treyarch editions of CoD to have wii-mote support. Same code they've had since World at War. Ever try the Off-pixel test?

Now you're saying that Activision doesn't see profit in putting effort in porting over DLC, when Treyarch already ported over the entire Disc Game, we get patch updates, and we now have the DLC Free Fall map. And you're even more off, when you say eShop is anything like XBLA or PSN! Because eShop doesn't support streaming. Netflix, Hulu, and even Amazon video use the same video protocol as eShop...the only fact you mentioned is that Ghosts isn't selling great, which was included in my very 1st post on this board. Do you even own a WiiU?

I've been playing CoD since 2006 & I own every CoD on Wii & Wii U because I Prefer Wii-mote controls, my aim is even better than when I use Keyboard and Mouse (I got MW2 on PC)

Level 1

in reply to V4N6U4RD

except the coding for ghosts is different than blops2, and a treyarch dev has posted numerous times these arent straight-ports and have been optimized for the u...

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

WTF? I bet you also believe when you were told that CoD: Ghosts runs a new next-gen engine. I'd ask if you ever tried a texture patching test, however I seriously doubt you even own a Wii U. At this point I'd be surprised if you have even played a round of Ghosts. I prefer to examine the actual product compared to claims of the development. Rather than just accept that Activision claims they are wasting money by programing different versions for Xbox, Playstation, PC, and Wii U. Or they can rob you blind and sell the same product by saying it's new or different. The difference here is that I know what I'm buying. I choose to buy CoD for Wii U, and I accept that Nintendo has strict DLC policies. I get the opportunity to get DLC on PC, which is better than being Ripped-off when making purchases on XBL or PSN. I can read articles about CoD too, but I'd rather play CoD, instead of reading about it

Level 1

in reply to V4N6U4RD

im 90 on tdm leaderboard if you doubt i own a wii u. and we knew long before launch it was the same engine, with a few changes. who are you anyway?

Level 29

Studios