Cod Ghost Wii U DLC

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Re: Cod Ghost Wii U DLC

in reply to BobbyMcGee

OK, so you know that Infinity Ward made claims about a Next-Gen Engine, which you seem to say the community knew was simply their current engine with some updates, but you site a Treyarch Dev's tweets as Gospel?

You claim to be on a TDM board, but that doesn't mean $#!% to someone who plays on PC

To further capitalize flaws in your logic (I use the term "logic" loosely) The question of this board was to determine why Wii U doesn't have DLC, which the community has more or less agreed upon is that the Publisher Activision doesn't see a profit in pursuing DLC support for Wii U, which is inaccurate (And this lie is all your fault Mr. McGee)

To remove the possibility that the technology is not the issue, we should look as the companies that do support DLC for Wii U, namely Ubisoft with the Assassin's Creed series, which has DLC weapons and expansions...BTW their current Wii U project is Ghost Recon Phantoms. Additionally the Wii U version of Ghosts managed to get the Free Fall DLC Map, as well as patch updates, which proves the technology is fully capable of supporting DLC (which I said but you didn't listen).

To understand Nintendo's DLC policy, you need to look at the companies that are supporting DLC, already mentioned Ubisoft and to further prove you incompetent, I'll name Square-Enix with the Final Fanatasy Years After DLC system. If these companies see profit in supporting DLC on Nintendo systems, why doesn't Activision nor EA see profit? Since you apparently can confirm lack of DLC on the eShop without even looking (remember your very 1st reply to me on this board?) I'm curious what your explanation for Ubisoft and Square-Enix wasting money might be?

To be fair I already have an answer as to who supports DLC (hint: Microsoft, Valve, Investors)

I'll accept that you want to be right in hopes that Wii U will get DLC, I'm just happy we got the game at all...

Lastly to answer your question: Who am I?

Multiplayer Aftermath Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - FAL OSW - 30 Kills - YouTube

Level 1

in reply to V4N6U4RD

the reason we dont get dlc is a playerbase issue, do you even own a wii u?

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

ha a re-read the post you play on pc...and it wasnt tweets they were postings trey u made here. quit watching the vid when i saw your zapper 6 inches from your display lol

and how is people believing its a money issue my fault? it probably isnt even profitable to make cod on wiiu but i never said anything like that. 30 kills, whoa, you must be a god.

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

Well you need to seriously keep up, and quit replying with the 1st incoherent thought that you seem to think will win an argument. That's annoying when you have 2 consecutive posts that contradict yourself.

I understand that in your mind you think you're right, but when you ask me if I own a WiiU and you see a video of me using a WiiU that makes you look incompetent as well as impatient. The location of the Zapper is irrelevant (You're grasping at tangent's trying to change the topic...I'll give you credit for trying) But proves you saw the evidence yet still chose to argue...That makes you seem detached from reality.

When you say it's a player base issue, well that's not very clear and rather insulting to my fellow WiiU owners...In my opinion the WiiU community is way more professional and able to work with innovation. This leads me to believe that you're talking about the low number of Wii U players & the equally low number of Ghosts Players online (~2000 which carried over from BlackOps2) which would imply Activision is avoiding DLC on the WiiU because there are less players...How is that not related to a money concern?

This message board is about the issue of DLC (& lack there of) if you want to discuss play style, or how far or close to sit from a display, I'm sure there's a message board for that...your profile shows you post on this message board a lot.

Do us all a favor, make a few sentences (maybe even a paragraph) to figure out how to get DLC for WiiU, instead of blaming the WiiU player base. You can't blame the community when you already claimed to be part of a community...that makes you into a hypocrite.

Level 1

in reply to V4N6U4RD

never did i contradict myself. if you are so intelligent youd realize splitting a playerbase of 1000 up into tiny dlc pools who can only play with OTHERS THAT OWN THE SAME EXACT MAP PACKS is the worst possible mistake that could happen on the u. i didnt think id need to explain that.

what did you expect posting gameplay, from passed titles mind you, especially being so full of yourself you sat down and spent the time to edit it so you would be visible waggling your zapper? am i supposed to be impressed or something?

i dont want dlc if its going to effectively ruin matchmaking, even further than it has been. i repeat, i never said it had anything to do with money. thank god most of the wii community you speak of isnt as ignorant as yourself.

Level 29
Highlighted

in reply to V4N6U4RD

i just struggled through half your vid, i must say, im laughing my a$$ off. come on man, really, a modded controller (cheating), noobiest weapon in existence, and (3arc) ai? lol, a 30kill gameplay against BOTS! thanks for the chuckle bro

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

So if modding my controller that means I'm cheating? And if I'm playing against Bots, then who did I cheat? Are you saying a feature put into console, for the purpose of testing things out makes WiiU players less valuable? You sound like a try hard. If I won in a lobby then maybe I'd be 90 on the TDM leaderboard...but this is all irrelevant, this message board is for WiiU DLC.

I used to be annoyed when you would contradict yourself when you simply forget something you said earlier, but now you contradict yourself in a single post. You say you had to struggle to watch my vid, but you laughed at it/me and found my failures funny?

So you have difficulty with laughter? Its clearly not jealousy since you seem focused on criticizing someone who uses a WiiU, who would buy the DLC, and seeks to contribute. If there's something obviously wrong with my vid, YouTube has a comment section. You probably need a psychologist, you honestly need professional help.

OR did your "struggle" refer to you use of a dial up connection?

SInce i don't like to split up my conversations: don't tell Barolb what he can and can't write, that's his choice not yours!

like I said the lie is all your fault, you don't even care about what the community wants, you already said the DLC is going to hurt your matchmaking or you're afraid of having to learn new maps. You seem really narrow-minded in your efforts to insult me, but like I said, this place is for discussing DLC, & I'm just not confident that Nintendo can make that happen. My opinion should not matter to you when the end result is the same, yet you blame the player base for lack of DLC, when you don't even want DLC. I would rather be a noob, than be like you, a liar!

Level 1

in reply to V4N6U4RD

V4N6U4RD wrote:

So if modding my controller that means I'm cheating? And if I'm playing against Bots, then who did I cheat? Are you saying a feature put into console, for the purpose of testing things out makes WiiU players less valuable? You sound like a try hard. If I won in a lobby then maybe I'd be 90 on the TDM leaderboard...but this is all irrelevant, this message board is for WiiU DLC.

I used to be annoyed when you would contradict yourself when you simply forget something you said earlier, but now you contradict yourself in a single post. You say you had to struggle to watch my vid, but you laughed at it/me and found my failures funny?

So you have difficulty with laughter? Its clearly not jealousy since you seem focused on criticizing someone who uses a WiiU, who would buy the DLC, and seeks to contribute. If there's something obviously wrong with my vid, YouTube has a comment section. You probably need a psychologist, you honestly need professional help.

OR did your "struggle" refer to you use of a dial up connection?

SInce i don't like to split up my conversations: don't tell Barolb what he can and can't write, that's his choice not yours!

like I said the lie is all your fault, you don't even care about what the community wants, you already said the DLC is going to hurt your matchmaking or you're afraid of having to learn new maps. You seem really narrow-minded in your efforts to insult me, but like I said, this place is for discussing DLC, & I'm just not confident that Nintendo can make that happen. My opinion should not matter to you when the end result is the same, yet you blame the player base for lack of DLC, when you don't even want DLC. I would rather be a noob, than be like you, a liar!

While I thank you for imploring my rights as a user, I don't believe Bobby meant it as I "can't", but I "shouldn't" be posting a response, as replying would be an assumed waste of time. I had a thought, so I posted it, as I am doing now.

This board is for general discussion, not just DLC (even for how bare the Wii/Wii U boards themselves can be at times). DLC discussion would be this thread for this game, or in the future another thread may take this one's place.

Struggling in the literal sense can also mean "have difficulty handling or coping with...". Laughing can be a method of handling a situation. Although it would be an odd way to handle a situation, it still is a means to an end (of course this is subjective).

Since I'm taking a course on general Psychology right now, I'll throw my 2 cents in: Needing professional help and a psychiatrist are different things. Being mental its self is not even so much an improbable thing for anyone. Psychiatrists are needed in the workforce and schooling system. They help people deal with stress and even aid students in coping with issues and among other duties. Having a real mental problem would be insulting to some people, as most mental problems aren't even the 'bad' type. Is OCD something a person can help? Is it a 'bad' mental problem in the sense that there is something wrong with them? It can be problematic, but it doesn't mean it cannot be useful in some cases. If applied to schoolwork, a student would likely excel as a result of its influence. However, there are indeed some cases where OCD is taken too far, and in those cases those people need help. To the outsider, they may appear to be completely abnormal. Conducting a weird ritual of sorts around people and the likes; but to the person doing the ritual it could be a custom in family, it can be an addiction or of many other possibilities.

Edit: My previous example was unintentionally way off mark, and may have been offense to some. My apologies.

"you already said the DLC is going to hurt your matchmaking or you're afraid of having to learn new maps."

If someone has those links to all the previous threads where we ran the numbers, could someone post them?

Several months ago, and last year, several of us contributed to a few threads where we ran some hypothetical situations of a playerbase, and online activity. Long story short, it was this (Eg. Black Ops 2):

If the overall playerbase on the console is 200,000 people, but the activity at a single point is 3,000 people consistent throughout a day, then you must also take into account the different people who come online and others who go offline everyday, week and month. Those people who are online weekly are in the core group; those who are online monthly cannot be as life situations, etc play their own role in activity. With this in mind, you can assume that the playerbase of 3,000 player daily is constantly switching out with other players, but then there is also the case of activity. If the percentage of active players daily is around 250,000 on PS3 (just as an example), then there must be a similar number that correlates with those who bought the game on the other platforms. This is because they belong to the same crowd. The game sold fairly well on PS3, about 11,150,000 copies sold. If you were to take that number, then the number of players online is 0.0224215247% (rounded downwards is 2%). If you apply this to the Wii U, you have a similar number. 3,000/200,000 = 0.015 (rounded up is 2%). Again, this is kind of where things diverge. The number of people online at a given time is still a small percentage of the actual number of copies sold, but the people online per platform is drastically different. If 250,000 people buy map packs, there will still be lots of people to play with and against. If 3,000 people buy map packs, then the lag will continue or get worse in-game because there are less amount of people online and less potential lobbies you can get into. People who buy map packs are separated into groups at this point and if they separate, the playerbase for each section becomes smaller. This is just one reason why having paid DLC on the Wii U CoDs wouldn't make any sense (on the matter of map packs at least). The number gets smaller when map packs are released and it splits the community because there are not enough players who would buy into it. While this is not accounting for the number of players who replace other players, it is clear that there are only so many potential sales targets. Such data is not available to us, but I'm sure Treyarch has looked into it. The matter of DLC being free and paid is also an important thing to note too. If it's "free", there is incentive for all who own the game to have it. While if it is paid, it has to be of value to the one purchasing it in order to purchase it.

Of course, the data i'm presenting is out of date, as it was in-line with info from a while ago, but I haven't been online playing CoD in months, nor having I been keeping track of number of people online. So really this is as best of a somewhat proper explanation I can offer. The basic point this raises is that if you have 3,000 people online worldwide, then splitting the community will isolate some people as these 3,000 players are scattered across the world. They won't be able to play with others who are nearby and it will cause them to have connection issues.

"I'm just not confident that Nintendo can make that happen"

One word and a number: Pikmin 3.

I swear I've spent more time playing the Pikmin 3 DLC than I have the game at this point, and I beat the game twice already, both of which were full completions and I'm halfways through a third full completion.

"My opinion should not matter to you when the end result is the same, yet you blame the player base for lack of DLC, when you don't even want DLC. I would rather be a noob, than be like you, a liar!"

You want to eat ice cream even though you might die if you do. Would it be better to eat the Ice cream and die or not and live? If you want to live, then you will not eat it. Similar circumstance: The players are all on equal footing and everyone is apart of the same group. If a map pack shows up that is paid, then some people will buy it, and some people will not, but the end result is that there will be people who decided to buy it and others who decided not. Who is to say everyone would want to live by not eating ice cream? Or who is to say nobody will buy the DLC? You could be a drug addict addicted to ice cream or someone who has the money to spare to buy the DLC. Both cases are subjective, and because both cases are subjective they cannot be properly applied to everyday life; especially since everyone leads a different life and different circumstances.

Level 12

in reply to barolb

barolb wrote:

This board is for general discussion, not just DLC

Actually, this board is not for discussing DLC, its been considered spam for years and would be deleted as fast as someone would post it, and I wish this thread was treated the same..

Level 21

in reply to barolb

I disagree, BobbyMcgee couldn't afford a psychiatrist, he'd have to resort to pro-bono. Trying to figure him out is starting to cramp my brain (please don't take that statement out of context)

I also think you misinterpreted my remark about Nintendo making DLC Happen. I was only referring to Onslaught, Devastation, and the other 2 in the near future, if you remember I mentioned Assassin's Creed and Final Fantasy Years After. I fully believe in the WiiU's DLC capability, but as you pointed out earlier, it boils down to business.

Off Topic: Since you mentioned that you didn't pick up Ghosts, you're missing out on the newest mode "Squads" where it contributes to your online MP progress, but isn't affected by Matchmaking, so players that don't get DLC can still play on that side of MP, which is something like what the PC community has been doing with LAN. No big deal I think BlackOps1&2 are still fun. So far nothing has been as challenging as BlackOps1.

Lastly: Interesting analogy with ice cream and addiction...I'd say I'm an addict..Gotta go double XP weekend

Level 1

Studios