Do they even playtest these games?

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Do they even playtest these games?

I'm starting to wonder whether anyone even play tests these games online before they are released. I've just had three games in a row where I literally couldn't kill anyone, I was just being dropped instantly - one hit and I was down. Then on the kill cam it's the usual story, they are firing  endless rounds into me and I'm just standing there.

The lag on this game is crazy - and it has got WORSE since the patch. The game is now bordering on the unplayable.

I genuinely prefer the design of the maps, the weapons and the slower pace to maps, weapons and madness of Black Ops 2. But the lag is ruining things.

But there's also problems with quick scoping, spawns (which I don't know how there is an issue with spawns on maps this big) and then there's Wii remote, which seems to have been nerfed since the patch (way to go guys, I bought a Wii U to use the Wii remote for COD, if I wanted to play using the dual analog schemes I would have simply got the XBOX 360 version).

I just find all this very hard to swallow considering we're on the 10th instalment of COD and the problems are still haven't been solved. I expect the odd bug or glitch with any game of this size and scope, but core issues like netcode and spawns (which should be the bedrock of an online game) should be spot on by now.

Level 2
18 REPLIES

Re: Do they even playtest these games?

in reply to ZechsMerquise

Short answer - I bet they do, but only in a local lan setting.

Also - I think this game is written to run on XBox and PS and very little thought is given to the WiiU port.

The game is unplayable for me as well. The lag is atrocious and coupled with instakills, teleporting, bad spawns, and so on makes it not worth the effort to play.

Level 9
Highlighted

I dont know...i feel like im in my element with Ghosts. Im a pretty defensive rusher, and im rewarded by playing smart, rather than running around like Rambo on LSD. People (in this game anyway) wonder if im wall glitching because they never see me in the game. The size of the maps make my "circling the map" strategy more effective. This game caters to campers, and less of rushers, but it is still very good. (Boy, i apologize if sound cocky, im a modest person )

I feel like they should delay this game if there's any issues that affect gameplay. I can wait a week or 2 if the game will be launched in a perfect state.

Level 14

I realise I sound negative, but I love COD. I've been a huge fan since I first played World at War on the Wii. I think its an incredible series and much prefer the COD style of play to other shooters. I just want things to be right. I am happy to put £45 down on COD year in year out, I just want the netcode to be like it was on Black Ops on the Wii so I can actually get a fair game.

Level 2

Definition of test;

A procedure for critical evaluation; a means of determining the presence, quality, or truth of something; a trial..

So my guess is no they don't test..

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

I really want to be able to keep you on these forums, but you're making it so difficult.

in reply to A_Trey_U

I haven't broken any rules, and I speak from experience. Its not my fault if you take it personally. And after all, did I create this thread? Looks to me like someone else has doubts..

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

I know you speak from experience.

in reply to A_Trey_U

A_Trey_U wrote:

I really want to be able to keep you on these forums, but you're making it so difficult.

Don't feed the trolls.  Just turn and walk away...or in this case just scroll down further. 

Level 33

I'm trying to figure out which of the problems you've listed are unique to the Wii U.  The only one I can see is your claim that we "nerfed" the Wii Remote controls, so that's the one I'll address.  AA is back on Wii Remote and has been for longer now than it was actually turned off.  We are actively looking for improvements.  We listen to the community.  We release updates to make the game better.  And, on behalf of the testers who we have searching these forums for us on a daily basis to find things for us to improve... yes, we test the game.

Studios