FOR THE LOVE OF JIM, FIX THE SPAWNS!

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Re: FOR THE LOVE OF JIM, FIX THE SPAWNS!

in reply to A_Trey_U

sweet.

Level 5

Re: Re: FOR THE LOVE OF JIM, FIX THE SPAWNS!

in reply to A_Trey_U

Heres the solution again:

double TEAM_BIAS = 0.75; // bias towards spawning near team mates, should be smaller than 1

double MIN_SPAWN_DISTANCE = 600; // Never spawn this close to any enemy

double best_spawn_value = -999999; // Numeric value to rank spawns. Highest is the best location

int best_spawn_location = 0; // Index in the array of the best spawn point

spawns: for (int i = 0; i < spawnLocations.length; i++) // Iterate through all possible spawns

{

double value = 0; // Assign each spawn location a fitness value

for (Enemy enemy : enemies)

{

value += enemy.getDistance(); // A good spawn is one that is far from enemies

if (enemy.hasLineOfSight() || enemy.getDistance() < MIN_SPAWN_DISTANCE) // Never spawn in LoS or too close to an enemy

continue spawns;

}

for (TeamMember friend : teamMembers)

value -= TEAM_BIAS * friend.getDistance(); // Give some weighting to nearby team members

if (value > best_spawn_value) // Update the currently best found spawn

{

best_spawn_value = value; // Update the best found spawn value

best_spawn_location = i; // Set this spawn as the best spawn location

}

}

spawn(best_spawn_location); // Spawn the player at the best location

Level 7

in reply to A_Trey_U

Thank you.

Level 23

in reply to M4GNUM

The fact is this:
maps are big, 12 players are not enough on those maps, so (I suppose) they have decided to respawn players next to each others to make the game "faster" and we don't have to run for minutes before finding an enemy...the problem is that respawn are too next each others...

Level 6

in reply to M4GNUM

I LITERALLY spawned behind someone who was using a Trinity Rocket in FFA.

Level 7

in reply to M4GNUM

Spawning is really crazy on this game just like any other COD games. You'll die fast if you don't constantly move. You killed someone in front of you then you get hit by someone at the rear or at the side. I like the spawning in MOH 2010 a lot better. But this is COD so I guess it's hard for them to make significant changes in the spawn system as it's not going to look like a COD game anymore - a crazy run & gun game.

Level 5

in reply to M4GNUM

I got a lot of revenge medals in blops2. You die, spawn in, then run to your enemy. Especially on yemen. This is altogether different. Pl ayed a total of 2 matches just now, and at least 6 times spawned with an enemy at my back. I literally watched my character spawn in one of the killcams. Why is this happening when the maps look humongous?

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

The spawn system is so loosely scattered. You get points in Ghosts mainly for kills (similar to other COD games). Even on combat mission oriented game mod like Domination while you fight for control of the flags the spawn points comes from every direction. This leaves a player trying to control a flag to fight for himself. COD is not a team oriented game. It's pure run & gun. I don't know how IW or Treyarch gonna change the COD game mechanics when Activision is turning this into an eSports. It has to have an individualized approarch in scoring.

They can change the spawn system in a way that each team in a team based game spawn in 2 or 4 opposite directions then fight it out to gain control of its team spawn areas. This way each player in the game concentrate on the enemy forward rather than having to deal with enemies spawning in all directions. The shooting in Ghosts is very chaotic as it is right now a pure run & gun game. People often complain of run & gun yet COD games remain popular. I guess this is largely what most COD gamers wanted.

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to M4GNUM

Two games in a row today and the first I got destroyed by spawning in front of enemies, like six times in a row. The second game, and somehow on the same map with the same people I started off better. I was 8 ~ 3, then 12 ~ 3 then I died, the next 5 deaths was the same as the game before, all spawn dearhs. Any effort you put in a match is wasted, pointless, a waste of time. You get penalised for no reason what so ever. What are they waiting for to fix this issue?

Level 21

in reply to M4GNUM

Maybe they could add a 3-5 second spawn armor on the game.

Level 5

Studios