Framerate Optimized to be worse?

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Re: Framerate Optimized to be worse?

in reply to nintendon_t

49/50 games for me. no joke

Level 11

in reply to Goodtwin1

I somewhat agree. The framerate is better, but it's not that much better than it was before. They need to take a long hard look into this and do something (drastic if necessary) to get the framerate closer to a consistent 60fps.

Level 11
Highlighted

in reply to Pwnsweet1

I just watched some video's of Ghost PS3 multiplayer, and the freaking PS3 runs maps at 60fps where the Wii U version is struggling to stay in the 40's.  This cant be the same team that did the Wii ports back in the day.  This is pathetic coding.  If A_Trey_U wants to defend this he can feel free, but the reality is they had a year to get this game "ported", they arent creating assets, and if a team of about 38 guys cant get a 360 game to run on Wii U with equal performance, then I really have to question if their is any effort at all.  I mean seriously, we have a better faster GPU with 32MB of edram, twice the main memory as current gen, and a super efficient CPU.  I was a huge supporter of Treyarch's Wii team over the years, and even gave them a pass on Black Ops 2 because it was a launch port, but the current level of performance with Ghost is unacceptable. 

Level 4

in reply to Goodtwin1

I'm disappointed with the current performance too. In fact, I felt just like you do now when I first got the game and came to the forums and made a rant thread just like this one. But throwing insults around doesn't really accomplish anything at the end of the day.

It's likely that the Wii U's CPU is to blame for the framerate issues. Whilst it's debatable just how 'super efficient' the Wii U's CPU is, there's strong evidence to suggest that the CPU is three single threaded Broadway cores slapped together. If this is true, it would cause problems given that both the X360 and PS3 can execute six threads simultaneously. 

Level 11

in reply to Goodtwin1

Also, you cannot determine that the PS3 version runs at 60fps from watching Youtube videos. It's physically impossible.

Level 11

in reply to Pwnsweet1

Digital Foundry has a video showing the framerate for the PS3 version.  They have a framerate meter that you can watch.  Wii U currently sits far behind the 360 and PS3. 

Level 4

Studios