Framerate Optimized to be worse?

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Framerate Optimized to be worse?

Not sure what optimizations you guys think you found, but the game runs worse.  I suppose its possible that it runs at 60fps more often, but the problem is that it drops just as low as ever, and now has a stutter effect that actually affects gameplay.  Like when you got to run or go ads, there seems to be a slight hitch to the game, a slight pause.  The game runs worse flat out.  My suggestion to the developers is this, cap the framerate at 35-45fps.  You obviously cant get COD to run on Wii U like it does on the 360, so lets just cut our losses and save this game.  The framerate may be a little higher now, but the stuttering effect is killing it for me.  I had such high hopes for this patch when A_Trey_U announced performance optimizations.  The game runs worse, sorry, but if I could choose to turn them off I would.  If I would choose to cap my framerate at 40 to avoid having it move all over the place I would.  I know 60fps is the trademark of COD, but the reality is that this game is not 60fps as it stands, and would actually benefit from being locked at a lower framerate.  Please consider doing that A_Trey_U, or add it into the options for players who would prefer a more stable framerate over the on and off again smoothness of 60fps.    

Level 4
15 REPLIES

Re: Framerate Optimized to be worse?

in reply to Goodtwin1

Am I the only one who finds this to be true?  If so, what has been your experience since the patch.  So much attention has went to the removal of aim assist for Wii Remote controls, but the framerate and stuttering have been a far bigger issue for me.  I cant believe more people arent seeing worse performance now than prior to the patch. 

Level 4

in reply to Goodtwin1

Attention: This update doesn't have adjusted the frame rate, here it says everything they have adjusted: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200790076

Level 1

in reply to iTc_iNeMeZz

So what the hell are performance optimizations?  A_Trey_U said they were supposed to smooth out the framerate.  Game runs like shit. 

Level 4

in reply to Goodtwin1

I've noticed a lot more stutter - but I'm not sure if it is game optimization patch or lag - or both. Lag has increased significantly lately. Yesterday on Stonehaven, I teleported to 4 different locations in about 15 seconds it was so bad. Then it kicked me all the way off to the main menu. Same thing on other maps - it was like I would run 5 feet then there was a stutter and I'd be back 3 feet from where I was so took forever to run anywhere.

Level 23

in reply to M4GNUM

I wondered that as well, but it seemed consistently poor last night, so I assumed it was all framerate.  If I play tonight and its much better than it was probably network lag, and I would love that to be the case because I really do like this game, but i cant stand it when a gamer is constantly stuttering and hindering smooth gameplay.

Level 4

in reply to M4GNUM

M4GNUM wrote:

Yesterday on Stonehaven, I teleported to 4 different locations in about 15 seconds

You sure you werent playing Minecraft??

Level 13

in reply to M4GNUM

It's typical lag issue. Moving then all of a sudden you get teleported back couple  of feet where you came from or running & it's like someone pulling you at the back. Calling for an air strike or throwing smoke grenades like in the game I often played on PC (MOH 2010) & nothing happened  it's like shooting blanks. This are hallmark signs of lag issue.

Level 5

in reply to Goodtwin1

My favorite is being teleported to the correct spot as you're being killed. You're so far behind actual play that the system speeds you up to die in the right spot.

Try this out - get a gun with high mobility (SMG) turn on the Agility and Marathon perks and run around a map. It's doubtful that you'll hit anyone, but when you die it's a HOOT!

Level 9

in reply to LastShadowCOD

I had that a few times with campers while reloading. I'll see one in a window and jump to cover and it's like the game is like NOPE, and teleports me back dying a few seconds later, in the killcam I never moved into cover.

Level 37

Studios