Ghosts getting dedicated servers on all platforms!

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Ghosts getting dedicated servers on all platforms!

According to this latest article...

Call of Duty: Ghosts to feature dedicated servers on all platforms | Polygon

Yet I could find no small print saying "Except Wii U because it is the red-headed step child"

Could we finally be getting treated as equals amongst platforms? Time will tell.

Whatever next? DLC??

Quick, somebody cancel my PS4 preorder!

Team MP - A Clan for Parent Gamers

Level 6
21 REPLIES

Re: Ghosts getting dedicated servers on all platforms!

in reply to Major Stains

Sounds good

Level 3

in reply to Major Stains

Lrn2srchnub? nah..you posted this one minute after I posted my thread so...understandable....anyways...why cancel ps4 preorder? You'll miss out on a lot of third party titles.

Level 33
Highlighted

in reply to Padiego

I did post it just before yours, then re-edit my post so it showed up after yours.

But I'm happy for you to claim this huge news if it helps you sleep at night!

Level 6

in reply to Major Stains

You missed the joke! It's a running gag...thousands of years old...where's a funky dutch man when you need him?

I was just joshing with you. But yeah, back to the  question......why cancel your PS4 preorder?

Level 33

in reply to Padiego

Sorry I missed the joke. That's what happens to my sleep deprived brain from sitting up half the night on random forums.

To answer your question, it was a tongue in cheek comment about my being lured to the dark side.

I have always hoped the Wii U would get another (not to be mentioned within these walls) FPS, but alas it looks like CoD is the only one to grace our beloved system. And I am not particularly looking forward to being schooled on PS4 because my 'thumbskillz' died with the PS2. So I would love a reason to keep playing Wii U with all you great peeps. (Well, some of you)

I loved AC3, am enjoying Blacklist, although I am shocking. And Lego City was just superb.

The Wii U is a great system, but when it comes to a well supported FPS, well ask me that in another years time.

The system is capable of DLC, Nintendo supports DLC on other titles, they promised it in the BlOps manual, so where is it?

And here's me straying off topic.

Will the Wii U get dedicated servers or will my Clan mates across the pond get to witness another year of my lag induced miracle kills? Who knows and further more, who cares.

For the last two years I've said I'm not buying another CoD title on the Wii, yet each time I buckle and preorder the damn thing.

CoD = Crack on Demand!

I just thought this year I might break free, and try another FPS. Maybe not.

Level 6

in reply to Major Stains

Even with dedicated servers, either you or your clan mates will get screwed over. Dedicated servers doesn't completely solve the lag problem...lag comp fixes that(when implemented right and doesn't give some people a huge advantage). If the server is in europe, you'll be fine but anybody in america will have a bit of lag. If a server can somehow be located in the middle of the atlantic then great!(Rapture anybody?).

I still think you should go through with the PS4. I am buying one as well, no point in my blind fanboyism making me miss out on some of the great third party games coming out for it. Some great games will come out for Wii U (DAMN IT NINTENDO MAKE SUPER MARIO GALAXY 3 ALREADY) and some will come out for PS4.

Level 33

in reply to Major Stains

I Highly doubt it

Level 6

in reply to Major Stains

You're getting a PS4? Its Pauly btw

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

Oi oi...

Good to see you old boy!

Saw you on the other day, but just missed you.

Hope all is well up your way.

"Get your Wiimote out of there and wave it in the air like you just don't care"

Level 6

Studios