Ghosts getting dedicated servers on all platforms!

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Re: Ghosts getting dedicated servers on all platforms!

in reply to Major Stains

MajorStains wrote:

Saw you on the other day, but just missed you.

Hope all is well up your way.

Yeah I jumped on for the first time in a while, but when you play for a few hours and only have 2 or 3 good matches, its just not fun or worth playing unless you have absolutely nothing better to do. Other than that, things aren't too bad my end, new horizons on the way in the new year and Dj'ing is picking up again now, had a few great gigs lately, just what the doctor ordered

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

Great to hear about changes in the new year, and good work with the Disc Jockying as we old folk like to call it!

Tempted to go see Dr Alex Patterson as he passes soon, just loved the Orb back in the day.

Take it easy Pauly.

Level 6
Highlighted

in reply to Major Stains

MajorStains wrote:

Tempted to go see Dr Alex Patterson as he passes soon, just loved the Orb back in the day.

Take it easy Pauly.

Ooooh you have to go for it.

See ya online soon

Level 21

in reply to Major Stains

Yeah...very deceiving title.  They aren't talking specific systems at this point so you can draw your own conclusions as to what they will be doing with this and whether your system will be getting dedicated servers. There has been no announcement stating that WiiU will be getting dedicated servers...just an assumption on your end based on an open ended long tweet.

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

I completely agree to this, you need to ask Rubin himself and get a straight answer. Of course he will never reply to a tweet, so all these speculations about dlc and who's getting what is another reason why i'll never buy a new CoD game again, and all of you should do the same. You're feeding a very big greedy corporation that doesn't know the meaning of value your customers..

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

No one has pointed out a major problem, or rather something important that no one seems to have mentioned.

The dedicated servers are rented servers and based in the states. Rubin said they had a hybrid system in place so that people with bad internet, or people who were too far away from the servers, could still play on the current peer to peer system. To play on the dedicated servers you need to have a 25 or lower ping to that server, so this rules out pretty much the entire world apart from US based players who have GOOD connections. Basically the vast majority of us will still play on the peer to peer system.

A typical UK connection ping  to a US host is around 120-300, often higher, so theres no way on gods earth we`ll get to play on the dedictaed servers. Basically a dedicated server is in theory a console hosting your lobby, with no other usage on that internet line, so you`ll still get lag and current problems, you just wont get rage quitting hosts, or really really bad hosts. It`ll only level the playing field to a certain extent, and lag comp will still play a major role in who does well.

The dedicated servers have only been rented recently, and there doing this to try to build up ghosts, as there`s nowhere near as much excitement over this game compared to previous cods and they needed to do something. Its just a ploy to try to save a failing franchise.

Also all ive read is that it states all consoles and pc, but theres no mention of the U, and a tweet to rubin was replied to with "No information at this time as the U version is being dealt with by a diff company"

Level 5

in reply to Incredible_Mr

Incredible_Mr wrote:

Also all ive read is that it states all consoles and pc, but theres no mention of the U, and a tweet to rubin was replied to with "No information at this time as the U version is being dealt with by a diff company"

I seem to remember hearing this statement before somewhere. Its a conn, they won't give a straight answer but say things to make you buy the game. Its deception, that has to be illegal

Level 21

Some very good points there Mr Incredible.

I am still amazed to this day that I can game online on something only just better than a dial-up connection.

So if it swings any more in favour of the US servers than the lag compensation better be maxed out.

Shame it will eliminate the rage quitting hosts, as that adds some excitement to 12 months of the same old maps.

- when you're face to face with the enemy and it says 'transferring host', you never know who will get the drop when it kicks in!

Sad what keeps me amused in a stagnant title.

And how can it be a failing franchise when there are dogs? Whoopdedoo...flipping dogs!

Level 6

Well put, it's important to understand that the PS dedicated servers are likely to be temporary and only for this title. This is likely to mean that in time ATVI will withdraw the dedicated PS servers and assign them to another title i.e. Destiny or similar. Just be aware this isn't a PS platform bank of dedicated servers like the XB1. If anyone needs any proof, you'll notice Sony haven't announced dedicated servers, IW are the fire starters here. It all depends on your medium and long term gaming ambitions as to which platform you choose, but it annoys the crapola out of me when folks aren't informed. Eyes wide open guys!

Level 5

in reply to spike1

Yeah your spot on, I read that. The peer to peer thing will return in ghosts once the new cod is released next year,as the dedi servers will be used for that. Remember these servers are rented, and I gaurantee you 100%, if the same issue occur in ghosts as have happened in bo2 regarding lag , the dedis will be dropped pronto. If they get the same hate and are paying for dedi`s, why use them? They wont improve the game much, if at all. They`ll just get rid of host quitters, host advantage/disadvantge, and no player will have an edge due to connection.

Level 5

Studios