Hang up your hats, people: Wii U DLC likely won't happen.

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Hang up your hats, people: Wii U DLC likely won't happen.

Before you go saying "Source or it's not true", let me post this disclaimer; nothing official has been said as to this yet.

But I think we've got pretty strong evidence that it isn't going to happen, and here's my thoughts on why:

The silence speaks louder than words.

Think about it; if they came out and announced that the DLC was not going to come to the Wii U, the Wii U version pre-orders would pretty much disappear. They'd hit rock-bottom so fast that the game wouldn't even pull enough funds to cover the cost of the version, methinks.

So why announce that they aren't supporting it with DLC, when staying silent gives them at least a small chance, through the flickering, hopeful doubts of Wii U owners, of getting a nice chunk of pre-ordering people who will carry through with it even after launch comes and no DLC is present, simply because they've already plunked a bit down and would rather not see that come to naught?

Activision is playing Wii U owners like a well-carved Ocarina.

So here's my suggestion people; if you only care about the basic game, and don't care about receiving any further aid or love, outside of patches and some EXP weekends, from Activision, then go ahead and keep your preorder.

But if you're holding on to your pre-order in the hope that Activision will do the right thing for Wii U owners, by treating us with respect through showing identical DLC support, then do yourselves a huge favor, and just cancel your pre-order now.

Whether you pre-order a different version or not, don't support the Wii U version if you care at all about the DLC.

Let the wallets speak for themselves about what neglecting content support will do to a version of any game, people.

Don't follow the orchestra of well-played instruments.

Level 3
23 REPLIES

Re: Hang up your hats, people: Wii U DLC likely won't happen.

in reply to smashbrolink

Or, you know, even if you don't care about the DLC, cancel the pre-order and wait for used copies.

Whatever works out for you.

Me, if I don't hear about Wii U DLC by the 20th of October, I'm canceling my pre-order and picking it up used.

Level 3

in reply to smashbrolink

I was already going to go used if it interested me, DLC or not.  To me DLC isn't a factor.

Level 10

in reply to smashbrolink

I think its your life purpose to see that the wii u versions doesnt have a decent sized player base just to dissapoint some humble video gamer that wants to utilize his new nintendo and get the game before the next gen launch dates. What is this world coming to? Geez all I want to do is enjoy a video game!

Level 1

in reply to BionicMan1

That's not the purpose at all.

Matter of fact, I'd love to see this version get more people to flock to it.

But the thing is, the Wii U needs better support from third parties.

If we keep buying games that aren't fully supported, then it's just going to allow them to think that they can keep getting away with poorly supported ports in the future.

I won't try to stop you if you're still adamant about getting it, after reading that, but I felt the need to point out that it's purchases of half-done games that contribute to even more half-done games.

Level 3

in reply to smashbrolink

DLC isnt even remotely vital to enjoying the game. I only bought 1 map pack for BO1 and still loved the game. Didn't buy any for MW2 or MW3 (granted I hated both of them) but they will still very playable without 4 extra maps. COD DLC doesnt come with anything other than maps, and if you need more maps to enjoy the game then chances are the game isn't very good.

Level 25

in reply to smashbrolink

People like to hope. They like to believe. They want to think that there's a chance.

Let them think that.

Eventually they'll realize what's happening and they'll stop buying CoD games. But for now, let them be in love.....let them hope that maybe one day Activision will change his mind....nothing we say will convince these fools in love to move on....

Just let them hang on to that tiny bit of hope for a bit longer...because it feels good.....it feels nice....and you know what? It doesn't affect you at all. Sure, it's a bit annoying that they talk about it all the time, but nothing we say will change their mind. So let's just sit quietly and nod our heads as we listen to their whines.

Level 33

in reply to Padiego

Or they dont care about your problems.

Level 25

in reply to NoLifeKing29

Since when does a multimillion dollar company care about your problems?

Level 33

in reply to Padiego

I was referring to the people you were trying to talk about.

Level 25

Studios