How is your "preferred" weapon calculated?

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

How is your "preferred" weapon calculated?

So this is a PET peeve of mine (get it? huehueuue), how is your preferred weapon in your stats figured out? For the longest time it said that mine was the Honey Badger despite my IA2 having double the kills and higher KDR, now I used the MR-28 for one game and it's my "preferred weapon".

3arc wat r u doin stahp

Level 37
13 REPLIES

Re: How is your "preferred" weapon calculated?

in reply to nintendon_t

By the length of time you're using the weapon I guess. Even if you don't kill a lot on that weapon as long as you use it more then it's your preferred weapon. Use it less then it's not your preferred weapon anymore. Simple as that.

Definition of preferred - like better than another or others; tend to choose.

Level 5

in reply to Southpawgamer

I used the MR-28 for maybe a handful of games. I've been using nothing but the IA-2 for the past few days.

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

Lol at first I thought you meant our personal preferred weapon, then toward the end of the post realized you meant the in game stat.

Like Southpawgamer said, I noticed in the previous cod games it was the weapon I spent the most time using.

It's probably the same here unless they changed it or it's a glitch?

Level 10

in reply to nintendon_t

Yup, it won't be your preferred weapon if you don't use it much. The word "preferred" makes it obvious.

Level 5

in reply to Southpawgamer

One would think that, but like I said I barely used the MR28 in comparison to my other guns.

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

Based on observation, it appears to look at the time you have used each weapon in the last couple of games and lists your preferred weapon as the one you had equipped for the longest length of time.

Level 7

in reply to Godotpwn

You guys.

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

I cant be the only one who feels like theyve been beating their head against the wall. Wtf is going on in here lately.

Level 29

in reply to nintendon_t

I think the Honey Badger is glitched.  I haven't used it in 40 levels and only have 100 kills with it yet it is still my favorite for some reason, while I have over 2k with the AK12.

Level 47

Studios