How to make wiimote players happy. Forever.

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Re: How to make wiimote players happy. Forever.

in reply to R0BL0X1234

I highly recommend giving the wiimote a chance. Especially if you are playing on a CRT television or a high-response computer monitor (low input-lag is very helpful for performance).

The wiimote has some of the same advantages that a mouse has with FPS's. Mainly you're able to commit a given cursor move to muscle-memory, so you can acquire and track targets much more quickly and accurately than you can with a short analog thumb-stick.

You also get the satisfaction of knowing this is being done without the use of aim-assist. I actually recommend turning it off for wiimotes.

The tough part with the wiimote is getting your settings right. You'll literally be modifying variables for months and never feel satisfied.

Level 5

in reply to The_Tickler1

yes, have wiimote working out of the box.

ps. town down wiiU DA aimassist below that of the other versions(unless the other versions also have noticably toned down aimassist). the aimassist needs to be balanced with wiimote no aimassist. wiiU MLG should favor wiimote but avridge players should split about evenly skillwise. If MLG is split on wiiU then DA is OP for avridge players. DA should only be OP for noobs.

Level 22

in reply to The_Tickler1

You'll upset all the DA players who think they are deadly accurate - when in fact its the controller doing all the work.  wiimote is the only way to play FPS.  The rest is just bullcrap, fake, overpowered, over assisted garbage

Level 13

in reply to Ronin2012

What about using a mouse?

Level 11

in reply to GermanicMexican

GermanicMexican wrote:

What about using a mouse?

WiiU doesn't support the mouse,,,,,,,,,,, yet

Level 21

in reply to Ronin2012

THank you! Everything you said was True totally agree

Level 6

in reply to The_Tickler1

Give me MW3 Wii's controls at a higher framerate, and I'm good.

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to The_Tickler1

A few of you have mentioned MW3 when referencing how wiimote controls should "feel". While MW3 controls weren't perfect, they were a slight improvement over the Black Ops games. The ADS camera-lock occured in MW3, but the lock released somewhat predictively at the end of the ADS animation, not by moving the cursor an arbitrary distance like in Black Ops 2. What I want is for the camera to smoothly transition between hip-fire-turn-speed and ADS-turn-speed, as it does when ADSing with the cursor at the peripherals of the screen in BO2. This smooth transition is important to get the best "feel". It is my opinion that no human has the frame-by-frame reaction times or wrist dexterity necessary to handle the current lock and release ADS mechanic we have. A smooth transition is a must.

Level 5

in reply to The_Tickler1

The_Tickler wrote:

A few of you have mentioned MW3 when referencing how wiimote controls should "feel". While MW3 controls weren't perfect, they were a slight improvement over the Black Ops games. The ADS camera-lock occured in MW3, but the lock released somewhat predictively at the end of the ADS animation, not by moving the cursor an arbitrary distance like in Black Ops 2. What I want is for the camera to smoothly transition between hip-fire-turn-speed and ADS-turn-speed, as it does when ADSing with the cursor at the peripherals of the screen in BO2. This smooth transition is important to get the best "feel". It is my opinion that no human has the frame-by-frame reaction times or wrist dexterity necessary to handle the current lock and release ADS mechanic we have. A smooth transition is a must.

This.  That's the biggest problem with the wii remote.  Having to jerk the controller to break the ADS lock.  This throws you off target and then you must reattain the target while using the ADS sensitivity.  Thankfully I am quite good at this, but it's almost a definite "you're dead" when confronted with more than one DA player and that aim assist they have unless they are both right in front of you. 

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

like2nap03 wrote:

That's the biggest problem with the wii remote.  Having to jerk the controller to break the ADS lock.  This throws you off target and then you must reattain the target while using the ADS sensitivity.

I never had any problem with this playing any of the previous cod games to BO2. Each game needed slightly different settings, which took me all of probably 3 or 4 games to get used to. To get the settings any where near as good for BO2 took weeks, and hours of practice to get used to and even resulted in my hands aching trying to control the swaying, the sudden dips to the ground when turning etc. I've got used to them now to some extent, but they're still cr@p. And the single most annoying thing for me is having more than one controller for one game. I just can't get my head round that, why oh why do we have DA's on a unique console with a unique controller? Absolutely mind boggling. I think it was more for the devs developing and testing the game because they don't have the skill for the wiimote..

Level 21

Studios