I have the game and...it has problems.

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

I have the game and...it has problems.

I'm a patient guy, I am. I'm also a reasonable guy, but I just don't have the patience when I continually see stupid decision after stupid decision being made by the devs of these games. I just don't. So I'm just gonna come right out and just say as it is.

1. Cannot assign a gesture to 'jump' - this is a problem because my control scheme reassigns 'reload' to a button, which means I then have to assign a different action to a gesture (because Wiimote/nunchuk has one less button to Pro controller). That action is usually 'jump' . But because I can't assign a gesture to 'jump' in Ghosts, I now have to assign a gesture to something else. This is stupid. Why do you go backwards and REMOVE control options? I just don't understand.

2. The framerate - Stonehedge is basically never 60fps. I mean, come on guys. Even the Xbox 360 and PS3 version of this stage is (mostly) 60fps. The Wii U version basically isn't ever. In fact, many stages often drop to 30fps.

3. Mantle/Climb is still the same button as run. Why? Just why!? Seriously? This should've been resolved AGES ago. Make it the same as the jump button, like it is in the Xbox, PS3, Wii U version (with Pro controller). Grrr the fact this still hasn't changed annoys the absolute hell out of me.

4. Where is the Camera Sensitivity (ADS) option? I wrote a huge post 6 months ago in the BO2 forums explaining why this control option is NECESSARY. In fact, A_TreyU even acknowledged it's usefulness. So where is it? Why is that option NOT in this game?

5. Sniper reg scope issues. After scope in the reticle goes to the top right.

6. Trinity rocket on-screen buttons do not reflect the actual buttons that you need to push to perform their actions

More to come...

Level 11
36 REPLIES

Re: I have the game and it's broken

in reply to Pwnsweet1

Well, if it turns out to be a big enough issue then maybe they'll fix most of these things, but as to the frame rate, I don't think it's going to be that huge an issue unless it starts interfering with online matches.

I rarely had issues with BO2, so I don't think I'll have many with Ghosts...I hope...

Level 3

Re: I have the game and...it has problems.

in reply to smashbrolink

Frame rate is much, much worse than BO2. In high content battle scenes the screen rate drops so low I can't make out opposing players from trees and trash cans. Although it's unlikely related, I use a Wiimote and haven't compared performance to DA on the Gamepad.

Level 7

in reply to Pwnsweet1

How bad I s framerate with one on the pad and one using the tv? The main reason I got a u was to play with my girlfriend on the pad but it makes a laggy mess of my screen on the tv. If the drops are that bad with one player, and as bad as it was with 2 players on blops2, then im definitely going to be disappointed.  Good to see you around again btw. Will you be recording any gameplay this time round?

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

I've been recording gameplay since Nov. 2012. Search pwnsweet on Youtube.

I've also done all the weapon stats for this game and released a week early. Use google.

Level 11

Re: I have the game and it's NOT great

in reply to Pwnsweet1

I will for sure. You used to post here more, then I thought you basically quit playing the game. Have you tested for the two player framerate drop? With da running, jumping and mantel is the same button, with ccp on sierra anyhow. I cant tell you how many times ive gone to sprint and start climbing a car like on the far side of cargo in that one sniper ally. Idk what a proper fix would be to solve that issue with so many control options. Some things just suck no matter what youre using.

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

I cant say I blame you. Ive been saying the same thing since free fall got pulled. Well before that even actually. Sad part is I remember the same devs telling you they valued your opinion before support vanished for 8 months.

Level 29

Re: I have the game and...it has problems.

in reply to BobbyMcGee

my comment was removed...lol

Level 11

in reply to Pwnsweet1

Also I know why the call it Ghosts now, because all the maps are like a ghost town.

Level 11

in reply to GermanicMexican

I just thought they were referring to us nintendo cod players...

Level 29

Studios