Impressions of the game/bugs I have expirenced PLZ READ

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Impressions of the game/bugs I have expirenced PLZ READ

I must say I am enjoying Call of duty ghosts. Its a drastic change from black ops 2, slower pace, bigger maps, but I have gotten used to it and now I prefer it over black ops 2. I love the guns, the perk system, the graphics, the kill streaks, its a great game. The wiimote controls are great too btw. But what is perhaps the most frustrating thing about this game is the many bugs that are present on it. It really affects my experience. Now I know there is a official post for all bugs but I'm going to mention the ones I don't see on the list that MUST be addressed.

1. Disconnections- Now mind you, I have a 50mb download and a 5mb upload, so my disconnections have NOTHING to do with my internet connection. While I'm playing in a match I sometimes get randomly disconnected and I get a lost connection to host error. It doesn't happen often but it happens enough to where its a huge problem because there are matches you are doing amazing on and you get disconnected. There's even times where I'm in a party and we ALL get disconnected at the same time and we get the same error. I've tried letting my other friends host the party and we still all get disconnected. To further show this is not my connection related, they get disconnected from matches when i'm NOT in the party. This is a huge issue and I really hope Trey U and the other developers take this seriously because it really affects me and all of my friends experience.

2. Game Freezes- This is a second issue that I am shocked is not on the list. I talk to almost everyone I come across in the game lobbies and they too experience game freezes. I would also like to note that all of my friends experience it too. Now mind you the game freezes happen every now and then but its very frustrating. So far I've had it happen 5 times since release. 3 times during a match. And twice in the menus. When the game freezes you hear a loud buzzing sound and you have to hold the power button for 5 seconds for it to power off. I think the freezing might be frame rate related, but again it has happened to me twice in the lobby/menus.

These are the two main bugs I didn't see on the list I wanted to address, PLZ comment and tell me if you have the same issue so we can bring this to the developers attention for the next patch.

Level 1
11 REPLIES

Re: Impressions of the game/bugs I have expirenced PLZ READ

in reply to bigdaddy0964

Re 1. Disconnections:

Do you have a wired or wireless connection to your router?

The wireless connection from my wii (cod waw, mwr, bo, mw3) was flaky for me

but after connecting via a wire (cable) via the usb network adapter the connection

seemed stable. I am using the same usb network adapter for the wiiu (bo2 and ghosts).

So maybe a wired connection might help.

Furthermore in the past my adsl line to the internet was disconnecting and reconnecting every other minute

but after my isp lowered the up/down stream a bit the adsl line was stabilized.

So maybe double checking that your router/internet line is working probably might help.

Level 6

in reply to OFC-Giorgio_1967

/\ this. Wired is much more stable. So many people are still using the wifi though. Idk. I got the wii lan adapter at best buy for 24.99 and its been worth every penny.

Level 29

in reply to OFC-Giorgio_1967

I am using Ethernet, I forgot to mention that. I've been using ethernet since black ops 1. I have the Nyko ethernet adapter. My connection is perfectly optimized and I still get disconnected. I didn't have this problem on any other Nintendo cod game. @BobbyMcGee what is Nat? Is that my download speed?

Level 1

in reply to bigdaddy0964

No and its upload speed that counts. Not sure if you still have the ability to see in game bandwith via the options menu since I havent yet got the game. Network address translation. Basically needs to be open. Effect s who you can connect to and who can connect to you, vwhich in turn kinda effects who can host.

Edit. There are three NAT types. Open, which is best as any type can connect to you, and you can connect to the other two types. Moderate and finally strict.

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

My bandwith in the options menu is a little over 5,000kbs. But my actual up stream is 5mb. On ghosts it wont let you adjust your nat type unfortunately. And my ports are forwarded but the problem is every games port numbers are different. So the 3074 port number for bo2 isnt the same port number for ghosts. I wish i knew, has IW announced port numbers for ghosts?

Level 1

in reply to bigdaddy0964

Trey said they are identical. Theres also info on the activision support page for these forums.

Level 29

in reply to bigdaddy0964

We both have the same internet speed (50 Mbps download/5 Mbps upload) yet I don't have any disconnection problems. It's likely you have connection problems. It could be your router giving problems. The wireless N connection on the Wii U has slower speed particularly if you connect it at 2.4 Ghz network. Try connecting it at 5 Ghz network if you have a dual band router. It's still slow but it's better than the 2.4 Ghz network speed. Mine can only go up to (10 Mbps download/2 Mbps upload) on speed testing on the Wii U browser at http://www.testmy.net pinging at the nearest speed test server on my area.

Game freeze ups can also be a connection problem too particularly if you're playing off TV on your Gamepad & you're several feet away from the console. Lag can cause freeze ups so check your connection.

Level 5

in reply to Southpawgamer

It has nothing to do with my router because again im using a wired connection and not wireless. Im using a ethernet cable. It really has nothing to do with my connection, ive never expirenced this on any other nintendo cod. I've asked several other ppl and they expirence occassional disconnects and freezing. Game freezing has nothing to do with connection, it happens when the processor is over loaded and it gets stuck in a loop.

Level 1

in reply to bigdaddy0964

What is your NAT btw?

Level 29

Studios