`LEGIT ONLY` question for A_Trey_U

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Highlighted

`LEGIT ONLY` question for A_Trey_U

Now the big mans decided to plug in his pc after spending 7 months porting the game for us, do we have any legit questions we want answering about ghosts on the wiiu, seeing as theres NO info out there whatsoever for us, and at this statge we are guessing as to what we are gona get!

PLEASE dont ask DLC questions, or why support was dropped in April as we know he wont tell us, so just dont.

Right heres a few starters >

Are you on Twitter? PM me if you dont want Snowyday stalking you - I know Vahn had to move house to escape Snowys 34 twitter accs. I have a lot to input, I feel as a nintendo cod vet, I speak for many people with my thoughts and ideas. Or maybe just add me , @PussiesPlayCore (Yes, the BO2 connection issues forced me to play HC)

Ive read in several places that the U version is being MADE by Treyarch and will be different from others, is this true? And if so, how?

Are the wiimote settings gona be the same as BO2?  (please say yes, as its taken me 6 months to get them feeling right ?

Will we get DLC, and why was support dropped in April (just messing)

Can I also add that ive spent most of today perusing PS4 and XBONE games and consoles, with the slight taste of pre ordering one and cancelling Ghosts, and givng the U to the kids, BUT then I have a quick look on here, your back, and suddenly im thinking mmmmmm maybe be good to play till April, other console thoughts instantly stopped, and its all things pointing to next Tuesday and 2 weeks off work

Level 5
159 REPLIES

Re: `LEGIT ONLY` question for A_Trey_U

in reply to Incredible_Mr

motion controls working properly this time around?  not just the settings but the semi-fixed deadzone lockup fixed too?

how does the game compare to the other versions? features and quality?

Level 22

in reply to Incredible_Mr

Hey There.  I'll do what I can to answer the questions I can.

Twitter:  @A_Trey_U  

Treyarch's Wii U Dev Team is the same Dev Team that brought Black Ops 2 to the Wii U.  We didn't create a completely different game for the Wii U.

Wii Remote - same as BO2 with a handful of fixes/adjustments left over from BO2 feedback.  Nothing major, so you should be good to go.

I'm glad you're excited about it.  We've had our heads down in this since the beginning of the year, so it's nice to be able to reconnect with the community.  We're prepping for launch, so things are still busy, but I'll try to be around as much as possible.

in reply to A_Trey_U

Cheers, and thanks

Regarding boosters on BO2 , its ridiculous now, its every other game. I can see what you mean about the build up of reports though, I think ATVI assist said the same, as ive been reported several times this week ~quote fingers "for using a wiimote"

I mean seriously

Nice to have your input, we all respect that, and us older gamers also understand there`s stuff you cant go into.

Level 5

in reply to A_Trey_U

A_Trey_U wrote:

Hey There.  I'll do what I can to answer the questions I can.

Twitter:  @A_Trey_U 

Treyarch's Wii U Dev Team is the same Dev Team that brought Black Ops 2 to the Wii U.  We didn't create a completely different game for the Wii U.

Wii Remote - same as BO2 with a handful of fixes/adjustments left over from BO2 feedback.  Nothing major, so you should be good to go.

I'm glad you're excited about it.  We've had our heads down in this since the beginning of the year, so it's nice to be able to reconnect with the community.  We're prepping for launch, so things are still busy, but I'll try to be around as much as possible.

So wiimote basically the same and we're good to go? How awful is that going to be. DA's will once again dominate making this game a waste of time. At this rate i'll give it 2 weeks, if that before I see a 2nd hand copy somewhere. Then i'll get it. Why does treyarch have to do the port?

Level 1

in reply to A_Trey_U

First want to say thanks for supporting us Nintendo gamers. I've bought World at War, Modern Reflex, and Modern Warfare 3 on Wii, and Black Ops II on Wii U, and I have Ghosts Wii U pre-ordered.

Questions:

1. Will the Wii U version be releasing alongside the PS3/360 versions on November 5th?

2. Will Wiimote sniper scope aiming be like in MW3 Wii?  Cos that was the best of all the Wii/Wii U COD games. BO2's Wiimote scoping I had trouble with.

3. Is the Wii U version ported up from the PS3/360 ones, or down from the PS4/Xbox One ones?

4. I swear I'm not being a douche, (I really appreciate the work you guys do) I'm just honestly curious; what part of the development process takes nearly a year of work if you guys have the Wiimote stuff mostly established from previous titles and Infinity Ward make the assets?

5. Why was Ghosts for Wii U not announced until a few months ago?

Level 2

in reply to Devaleo

Awesome to see another CoD Wii/Wii U Veteran.

1. Will the Wii U version be releasing alongside the PS3/360 versions on November 5th? - Yes!

2. Will Wiimote sniper scope aiming be like in MW3 Wii?  Cos that was the best of all the Wii/Wii U COD games. BO2's Wiimote scoping I had trouble with. - Play it on the 5th and let me know what you think.

3. Is the Wii U version ported up from the PS3/360 ones, or down from the PS4/Xbox One ones? - It's not that cut and dry.  We developed the Wii U version to deliver the best experience it could be on the Wii U.

4. I swear I'm not being a douche, (I really appreciate the work you guys do) I'm just honestly curious; what part of the development process takes nearly a year of work if you guys have the Wiimote stuff mostly established from previous titles and Infinity Ward make the assets? - there's a lot of work to be done.  Not everything translates perfectly.  Our first Wii U title was made from Treyarch code.  This one is IW's code, so that needed to be readied for the Wii U.  That's a lot of it.  Then there's GamePad support, Wii Remote adjustments, optimizations and more.  While the Wii U is technically considered a port, we don't approach it that way.  We work hard to develop an experience that is catered to our unique audience.  For example, no other platform supports this many controllers.  I'm happy we chose to stick with the Wii Remote for the Wii U.  It is a controversial subject on these forums, and I understand why. 

5. Why was Ghosts for Wii U not announced until a few months ago? - Treyarch doesn't control those things, that's Activision, so I can't speak to that. 

in reply to A_Trey_U

A_Trey_U wrote:

Awesome to see another CoD Wii/Wii U Veteran.

1. Will the Wii U version be releasing alongside the PS3/360 versions on November 5th? - Yes!

2. Will Wiimote sniper scope aiming be like in MW3 Wii?  Cos that was the best of all the Wii/Wii U COD games. BO2's Wiimote scoping I had trouble with. - Play it on the 5th and let me know what you think.

3. Is the Wii U version ported up from the PS3/360 ones, or down from the PS4/Xbox One ones? - It's not that cut and dry.  We developed the Wii U version to deliver the best experience it could be on the Wii U.

4. I swear I'm not being a douche, (I really appreciate the work you guys do) I'm just honestly curious; what part of the development process takes nearly a year of work if you guys have the Wiimote stuff mostly established from previous titles and Infinity Ward make the assets? - there's a lot of work to be done.  Not everything translates perfectly.  Our first Wii U title was made from Treyarch code.  This one is IW's code, so that needed to be readied for the Wii U.  That's a lot of it.  Then there's GamePad support, Wii Remote adjustments, optimizations and more.  While the Wii U is technically considered a port, we don't approach it that way.  We work hard to develop an experience that is catered to our unique audience.  For example, no other platform supports this many controllers.  I'm happy we chose to stick with the Wii Remote for the Wii U.  It is a controversial subject on these forums, and I understand why. 

5. Why was Ghosts for Wii U not announced until a few months ago? - Treyarch doesn't control those things, that's Activision, so I can't speak to that. 

So in regards to your answer about wiimote sniping, you're asking us to test again?

And you're comment about us being your unique audience, wouldn't you agree, even if only to a small degree, you affectively killed that by introducing DA's to a unique console?

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

You cant really blame them for developing for nintendos primary controller...

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

BobbyMcGee wrote:

You cant really blame them for developing for nintendos primary controller...

You missed my point. Before bo2, you were playing an even field, everyone used a wiimote, you just can't get fairer than that. There was no squible squable about knife lunges, quickscoping, nothing. I've used this anology before, in motogp, you don't have 250's racing 800cc bikes. So why have 2, now 3 different controllers? No one is going to tell me it was to attract a bigger auduence, when a DA user could play on a xbox with full support. That imo was the start of the slow death of the Wii, almost as much as the hacking drove 1000's to other consoles. I just want to know what A_Trey_U thinks, as he calls us their unique audience. I want to know if he believes that or its just a play on words, because  the only unique aspect I see of us is how bad we're treated..

Level 21

Studios