`LEGIT ONLY` question for A_Trey_U

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Re: `LEGIT ONLY` question for A_Trey_U

in reply to nintendon_t

I have a set of prismatics my girlfriend bought me on my birthay, 3.5 audio jack included. I want to use them wirelessly.  And like I said the pad speakers would never provide an even similar experience like listening for footsteps, reloads etc. There is no reason I shouldnt be able to use them wirelessly when I can by switching to wii mode...

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

Hook up your headphones to your Wii U via the the red/white cables to get audio straight from the system, and if you want voice chat hook the 3.5mm to the gamepad and set your audio setttings on BO2 to TV so only voice comes through.

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

They work with just the cable. If the volume is set too loud people complain about an echo. I thought magnum or nap tried to do it that way with poor results,idk. Thanks though ill def try this.

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

BobbyMcGee wrote:

They work with just the cable. If the volume is set too loud people complain about an echo. I thought magnum or nap tried to do it that way with poor results,idk. Thanks though ill def try this.

I haven't tried that method yet.  I think I tried everything but that.  It should work though.  You could even get simulated surround sound that way if you had a little decoder between the system and your headphones.  Just throwing that out there.

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

Will I have ability to adjust between chat and game audio this way? Will it fix the echo? The prob with running them through the pad alone is they pick up and output all sound, not just my voice, which makes the echo. And thanks guys.

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

Change the audio settings on BO2 to TV only. It'll only put voice through the gamepad then.

Level 37
Highlighted

in reply to nintendon_t

Cool much appreciated

Level 29

in reply to nintendon_t

nintendon't wrote:

You can use any wireless Xbox headset on Wii U and get voice chat with this cheap little cable:

Amazon.com: Malcom Distributors 2.5 mm Female to 3.5 mm Male 3 Rings Jack Stereo Adapter On/Off Enab...

That cheap little cable is what made voice chat work with my headset.  Thanks again for posting that (you posted it a while ago).  Though it still makes no sense to me why I need that instead of what I bought initially.  I don't care though.  It works now.

Level 33

in reply to BobbyMcGee

You can use the gamepad mic in MH3U and it works pretty well. In fact, pretty much every game out for Wii U thst has VoIP can use the gamepad mic except for BO2...

Level 33

in reply to Incredible_Mr

Now that you are back with what I assume is the purpose of providing support for Ghosts, will you be providing any support at any level for Black Ops 2?  I ask this on behalf of the players who are holding off on purchasing Ghosts until they have seen what the support, netcode, features, etc are like or who may not be purchasing Ghosts at all.

If you will not be providing any support for Black Ops 2 along side Ghosts, will you perhaps allocate a week to perform a "clean up" in order to address in-game reports of boosting/griefing/etc?  (this would also have the added bonus of making players behave if they feel that they are being watched and at risk of punishment, make a clear statement that they are not to continue this behaviour in Ghosts, and hopefully provide a brief rest for players who have endured the boosting/griefing/etc)

I should maybe ask this via PM, but I sent a very important PM to you a long time ago around about the time where support was dropped.  You had logged in a few times after then and would like to know if you got a chance to read it.

----------

This is cheeky to ask, but has there been improvements made to the netcode for Ghosts to address the major problem of lag that players experienced in Black Ops 2?

Will the online for the Wii U version of Ghosts be server based, P2P or a mixture of both?

What in-game report options will be available?  Have you removed the Tactical Insertion as a great many players have wished for?

Is the Wii U version of Ghosts a port of the PS4/Xbox One version or of the PS3/XBox 360 version?

Will you be joining the Wii U community in multiplayer from time to time?  Will your presence be more frequent than it was in Black Ops 2?  Will your presence only be seen in MP or will you be dropping in to say "hi" in other online modes?

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Great to see that you have returned, A_Trey_U.  On behalf of the Wii U Community I would like to say that any and all support that the suits upstairs have permitted you to provide is greatly appreciated.

Level 10

Studios