Large maps...am I the only one that can see why this is?

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Large maps...am I the only one that can see why this is?

Almost every review and forum post I've read has assumed that the maps are generally larger in Ghosts because the emphasis is now on long-range combat (because of the new Marksman class), or to copy BF4.

Is it me or is everyone missing the obvious...that the maps were increased in size to accommodate the larger player count supported by PS4 and Xbox One (which is now 18)?

If this is correct, then the conclusion that I draw from this is that this isn't simply an issue that can be "fixed" in the next game (BLOPS3 or whatever it is), because if we now have games that cross generations, then this is an inevitability.

So basically, if you like the smaller maps (all a matter of preference), those days are over. There's just no way a little map like Hijacked is going to comfortably support 18 playersSmiley SadSmiley Sad

Level 3
15 REPLIES

Re: Large maps...am I the only one that can see why this is?

in reply to piiwii

Also to elaborate on my initial points. A) I very much doubt they would design most of the stages around a new rifle class. That makes no sense. B) I think the designers are smart enough to know BF4 is a different game, and it has vehicles which allows for the larger maps so they definitely weren't trying to ape BF4.

The larger maps are entirely because of the increased PS4 and Xbox One player count.

Level 3

in reply to piiwii

y isnt the next gen versions 6v6 with 9v9 groundwar, also isnt the PC version 6v6 with 9v9 ground war?, something that is hilariously more powerful than next gen consuls 50% of the time(which are on par with midrange laptops).

the large maps seems most logicly a responce to the complaints of MW3 and BO2. now we know the new IW with MW3 overreacts and overdoes everything with trying to impress the community. the MW3 host dissadvantige system to fix the host advantige issue in BO when there was no issue at all in MW2. the community complained about the hectic gameplay, small maps, and poor design. so in ghosts, they did the exact opposite, with remenets of there old unaddressed flaws. they improved the lagcomp(old MW2 lagcomp?), they gave the big maps that allows more tactical play, like the map complainers wanted, but the rushers and campers who liked taking of the BO2/MW3 maps hate. I think it is a massive improvement, but still needs some work. hopefully they didnt drasticly underpower some things while OP'ing others.

guess to remove MOAB and similar, gota complain about it when people playing 3arc's next COD.

i dont know Y they added insainly fast kill rates, i dont like it but i can live with it if the lagcomp is improved and there is little aimassist. only good thing about is it makes balancing alot easier for IW. so guess its a lazy workaround to balance issues.  Not great but i can live with it.

man i tend to get off topic half way through.

Level 22

in reply to piiwii

So far I'm lovng the big maps. It's been so long since I had to actually burst fire to hit someome at long range. Reminds me a lot of BO1.

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

nintendon't wrote:

So far I'm lovng the big maps. It's been so long since I had to actually burst fire to hit someome at long range. Reminds me a lot of BO1.

I think I'm going to like it for that very reason.  I always liked the larger maps.  I hate that spray and pray crap. 

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

By the way, Nap...HOLY CRAP the footsteps on this game are freaking orgasmic! They're 20x better than BO2 Awareness and even more incredible with Amplify/Dead Silence. Sound Whores like me and you are gonna be RUNNING this game with an iron fist!

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

so IW overreacted to silent footsteps in BO2 and made MW3 quality load as shit ones.

y can nobody fegure out the game needs a inbetween balance with this.

Level 22

in reply to T-boss

Lol at the end of MW3 if you didn't have sitrep pro you were at a extreme disadvantage at least on the other consoles.

Level 7

in reply to piiwii

personally, I think its a matter of personal preference. I can see both sides of the argument. The larger maps are very similar to the BF franchise and so is the combat "feel" of the game.

A lot of COD players play the game to kinda get away from the BF games, and adding the larger maps and combat feel of the game will deter most original players from the game.

On the other hand, the larger maps are very refreshing from a marksmanship stand point. Any way you cut the pie, gamers and fans alike will find something to either truly enjoy or ferociously dislike. 

So far I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to piiwii

I really like the larger maps too, but I feel that we need a bigger time limit, in Team Deathmatch at least, to compensate for the smaller amount of players.

I'm seeing too many matches end prematurely.

Level 3

Studios