My Report: Why I Did Not Buy Call of Duty Ghosts (Wii U)

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Re: My Report: Why I Did Not Buy Call of Duty Ghosts (Wii U)

in reply to barolb

With such low sales number on numerous third party WiiU game. Including Splinter Cell, Batman, Assassin's Creed, Need for Speed and now Call of Duty.

http://prntscr.com/27oqsm

http://prntscr.com/27orws

http://prntscr.com/27os54

http://prntscr.com/27osd9

I see nothing from the console but a deathwish. Maybe EA was a little bit arrogant by telling poor excuses and removing every game from release for the WiiU, but I have to admit that they made a good call. Such low numbers aren't profitable at all.

It isn't because the console sucks, it's because of a major social problem. An identity crisis...

> People kept saying that the Wii is a console for kids, there's no good CoD players in there and the graphic sucks

> Of course support was missing on many games. Many people were cheating online

> On top of that, Nintendo dropped support of the Wii in 2011 for the 3DS. The only great game left for 2011/2012 was Zelda Skyward Sword.

> People still can't make the difference between the Wii and a WiiU

The success of the last gen consoles affects the new ones. The Wii went very strong for 4 years in a row, in 2011 and 2012, the console ended with very poor sales. Meanwhile, the PS3 and 360 had a weak start but they both finished the generation very very strong because of extended support. As we can all see. the PS4 and Xbox One are selling like monsters.

I predict Ghosts to be the last CoD on WiiU. To please wiimote users, to add support for the psmove on the PS3/PS4. Because right now with only 40k sold and being unable to play all the multiplayer modes I want. I call for migration.

Level 8

in reply to msclasher

After I finish with ghosts I won't be migrating anywhere. I'm giving up gaming altogether. It takes up too much valuable time, and to be honest I think the gaming industry is rife with loopholes which enables them to sell rubbish and make billions in the process. There is something fundamentally wrong with that, and I can't support it..

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

I think this would be the appropriate thread for this.  I also think that what you said makes yours the appropriate post to reply to with it.

Remember those days when you could, I don't know, buy something and it works out of the box?  Or you bought something and you got ALL of it?  Remember those even rarer days in history where you bought something and got BOTH of these?

I'm not pointing any fingers at any developer.  I personally feel that it is the suits higher up the chain of command that are getting too greedy and wanting to push out a half-baked product...along with DLC that is announced before the game is even released (hell, one example is Killzone where DLC was announced before the PS4 was even released) that uses content that should have been in the core game....with micro-transactions that require real money in order "unlock" in-game content that they didn't rip out for DLC.  Etc, etc, etc...

Level 10
Highlighted

in reply to bughunt

That is so true, good find, I'm posting this video in our clan forum, thanks..

Level 21

in reply to msclasher

As long as people see the Nintendo consoles as being kiddy, it will forever be labeled like that. Kind of sad. We ended up talking about "labels" in psychology, and how they both benefit and hurt people. By giving someone a label, like "idiot", the person will think of themselves as being an idiot whom is unable to bypass the constraint they were given by being told they were an idiot: They unintentionally limit themselves to being an 'idiot' when they aren't. Likewise, if a person was told they were a 'genius', then they will try harder and do better on tests and the likes. This is because they were given the label of 'genius'.

In turn, this is how it is with the consoles too. People perceive the Nintendo consoles to being kiddy, and this point is consistently reiterated by people because they believe it. Then, and including, the other consoles are see as being more 'hardcore' for the 'hardcore gamers'. This brings in a belief and label that the people who own the other platforms are 'hardcore gamers', and are not associated with the 'kiddy' or 'casual' side of gaming. That is a problem that Nintendo can fix, but they also can't fix. They can make themselves look better, but then can't at the same time as there will be this constant belief that their consoles are 'kiddy' consoles, as labeled by those who aren't convinced, and if those people hold any type of power, so to speak, then the followers will follow.

IMO, because alot of the people, who are deemed figureheads in the general Call of Duty scene on YouTube, not acknowledging the existence of Nintendo consoles as being 'real' consoles, the community also follows that line of thinking too. They have influence, and the lack and presence of mentioning the Wii U, of CoD, ends up backfiring and causing a "well, it's not hardcore enough for us", which is an idiot statement in its self. I know Onlyusemeblade, Keemstar and TmarTN talked about the Wii U at one point, but nothing really from any other major figureheads, apart from those whom are in this selective version's community like iConboy, Dazran, MrHuntinNoobs, etc.

The overall situation is just really sad.

If that were true, then the GCN going for $99 before the Wii launching, and its abysmal sales compared to he other platforms, should have made the Wii terrible at first. I won't say it's a key factor. It can't be a key factor, but it does raise a bar of caution from some consumers for sure. Because of the Wii U's lackluster first year, they have to now make up for it by bringing in heavy hitter games in order to bring in the crowd as the crowd sees the console as being a red flag in terms of support. Likewise, i don't think all third party publishers have done their part. I think Ubisoft did a great job (minus the Rayman Legends fiasco) . Activision has mostly done their part, but it is pretty clear that they could do a better (giving the go-ahead for Call of Duty Elite, going on eshop, etc). EA went 100% jerk towards Nintendo and even Cancelled Crysis 3 Wii U and stopped a Battlefield game coming to the platform too Its kind of sad since i tried Battlefield 4 and i kind of like it

I won't disagree. Infinity Ward seemingly doesn't have any part in Nintendo Call of Duty development, so it's Treyarch's call to continue or drop it.

Level 12

in reply to msclasher

those numbers are slightly off and that statement is opinionated.

Level 5

in reply to barolb

u could have just said I'm fed up with A, B, and C. instead of the carpel tunnel surgery u now need.

Level 3

in reply to GHOSTED11

He wanted some drama I guess.

Level 5

in reply to Southpawgamer

Ghosted, that's like saying "i dont like you but i wont explain why". Sure, I could have done it more concise, but what point would it bring if I gave Dazran and A_Trey_U a 1 paragraph long response? This goes for especially after I said i'd write 5 pages worth.

The time I have ro have surgery for that will be because of texting on my phone.

now, southpaw: If you even read the opening before the report, then you would know that this is what I was talking about in terms of fear of backlash for this. It doesn't concern anyone but the parties involved, true. Indeed, i did post this here publically for all to see. That is why I accept your criticism.  However,  If you want to say it was a waste of time writing this then go ahead and go there before you start throwing accusations.

Unlike a lot of people, I don't mind writing out long winded responses. I don't like reading and qriting much, personally, but if the situation ever arises then I'm more than happy to do so.

Level 12

in reply to barolb

Still more drama. Go on, I'm listening...

Level 5

Studios