NO dedicated servers for Wii U

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Highlighted

Re: NO dedicated servers for Wii U

in reply to WiimotesRus02

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

DatBigSwitcha2 wrote:

My first 5 games were perfect. Spot on hit detection, enemies droppe dwhen they should.

My 6th was, laggy, people would run through bullets, my bullets would take like 1 full second to register, and when I got my juggy maniac, I missed knifes on guys who were literally infront of me.

It's about the same as BO2 for me. Good overall, but with the odd laggy game.

Great, not what I wanted to hear but thanks, for me its always laggy but with the odd good game in bo2. So you probably started playing and 5hrs later the US midnight players came online and destroyed the connection. Nothing has changed then..

you know what i never got why can't all people wifi be the same i mean why i can't play with people from other countries i mean is the wifi different? or is just the distance idk they just need to make like SUPER strong wifi that just doesn't lag no matter where people are at of course that is probably just a fantasy 

XD

Level 6

in reply to crazybloodmonke

For one you shouldnt even bother with wifi. Secondly, your connection to host is your ping, which also has nothing to do with wifi.

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

I had no major issues with any other game, nearly all my clan friends are american and i suffered sometimes, but nothing at all like bo2. The issues in these games have nothing to do with anyones wifi or quality of internet. Its purely down to treyarch and they either have no idea how to fix it, or simply didn't bother.

Level 21

in reply to GermanicMexican

That is inaccurate.

in reply to A_Trey_U

Not from where i'm standing it isn't. I play with the same people that I have done for over 3 years and now we can hardly enjoy a game at all. Sorry, there is no other explanation..

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

Dedicated servers are not up for the Wii U yet.  The idea that the dedicated servers that are up for the other platorms are only in North America is the part that is inaccurate and the part of the thread I was responding to.

in reply to A_Trey_U

Cool so we are geting Dedicated servers soon?

SnowydayUK
Level 14

in reply to A_Trey_U

From what I've read in Activision's statement the dedicated server comes later after the launch date. Someone posted last night that he already have the game to I asked if he could provide a screenshot of the in-game's server list interface but I didn't get any answer so I thought maybe the guy doesn't have the game yet. Anyway, I wanna see if there's a list of servers to enter in the game menu. If there is then there's dedicated servers. If there's none then it could be that right now the Wii U version is hosting the game on P2P. We could be seeing a hybrid dedicated server (a dedicated server having a P2P interface) in the future but it's unlikely cuz it's costly for Activision to run it by themselves rather than having purely dedicated servers run by 3rd party for rent. This leads me to believe that the Wii U might not be getting dedicated servers after all. In-game host migration doesn't happen on dedicated servers. You just don't get switched to another server in the middle of the game. Either you'll get disconnected or logout of the server & look for another server to enter it's the case on hosting the game on dedicated servers.

Level 5

in reply to Southpawgamer

I work for Treyarch, so I'm pretty sure my statement is accurate.

in reply to A_Trey_U

I have your word for it then as well as Activision's. So clanning on Wii U is not dead then. This is good news! I think I might as well get the game.

Level 5

Studios