(Official) Glitch/Bug Thread (Updated May 17th) (Support Is Probably Over)

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Re: (Official) Glitch/Bug Thread (Updated April 1st)

in reply to WiimotesRus02

you cant blame small playerbase connection issues on a trey u. nor can you blame lack of matchmaking on 3arc...why do you think pwnsweet switched to ps4? wiiu wasnt providing him a good experience.

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

I'm not sure he was blaming A_Trey_U per say, so who is to blame for the small player base, which affects connection issues? Its been awful on the WiiU from the start. Judging by the amount of 2nd hand copies from all platforms where I live, people are just fed up with it, word gets out and people stop buying it. The best reputation there is comes from word of mouth, forced advertising tells its own story.

@Nap, I think people except far too easily mediocre, which CoD is, and has been getting worse, not better over the years, hence why they're switching the development time to 3 years. Have you ever played GTA5? Look how long it takes to develop that game, they have practically whole cities for maps, the content of stuff you can do in that game is huge and it runs flawlessly, I think that's a pretty good example, and its an online game too. Its a pity Rockstar doesn't make CoD. Call of duty is way behind in development terms and I think sales figures prove it. We need those dedi servers..

Level 21

Oh I agree COD needs more time in the oven.  I wouldn't call this version a bad port though.  I mean they make these games for Wii/Wii U in like 6 months.  That's pretty remarkable when you think about it. 

I'm excited about the extra dev time.  More time SHOULD mean less bugs.  I'm kinda worried though that Activision is going to take the extra time to do more different things.  Do something to improve graphics, maps, add vehicles, or just change things in general.  I'm predicting the games will see more improvements and changes to gameplay, but the number of bugs will be about the same.  I hope I'm wrong and they drastically increase the time they spend testing. 

They NEED to release a Beta.  A FREE Beta.  So the players can test it out before release.  That will help in finding problems. 

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

Well I haven't heard anything about Sledgehammer hiring for a Wii U dev team nor a shipment of Wii U dev kits so expect Treyarch to do it again...

Level 13

in reply to GamebroCrazy

GamebroCrazy wrote:

Well I haven't heard anything about Sledgehammer hiring for a Wii U dev team nor a shipment of Wii U dev kits so expect Treyarch to do it again...

It's practically implied that they will be doing our version again.  Which is perfectly fine with me. 

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

like2nap03 wrote:

GamebroCrazy wrote:

It's practically implied that they will be doing our version again.  Which is perfectly fine with me.

I guess if the game is good I'd be happy with that too, but they imply quite a lot don't you think? Where's those dedi's

Level 21

ive been keeping track of that across all platforms/forums. i dont think anybody got them. the way trey acted, talking about dev's game night etc, then just vanishing again. either we got fed a big lie, or more likely, he was lied to also.

Level 29
Highlighted

in reply to BobbyMcGee

From what I understand and have read is that the other consoles got dedicated servers. But...a different definition of dedicated servers than everyone thought. They are using a mixture of dedicated servers and listen servers (a higher-up at Activision, 3A, or IW confirmed this in an interview). Listen servers are when a player is selected as host. Dedicated is when Activision servers are host. As far as Wii U is concerned, I have no idea. My guess is that we are still using listen servers only.

Level 23

in reply to M4GNUM

i know what devs etc have said but if you do a brief search on dedi's for all the other consols forums, next gen included, youll see post after post doubting that dedi's are even running, and nobody from activision etc has said anything about it on the forums...the ones everyone from here complains get better dev interaction.

Level 29

in reply to M4GNUM

M4GNUM wrote:

From what I understand and have read is that the other consoles got dedicated servers. But...a different definition of dedicated servers than everyone thought. They are using a mixture of dedicated servers and listen servers (a higher-up at Activision, 3A, or IW confirmed this in an interview). Listen servers are when a player is selected as host. Dedicated is when Activision servers are host. As far as Wii U is concerned, I have no idea. My guess is that we are still using listen servers only.

I think they switched to dedis for a week.  When we got that "update to improve matchmaking" and the game ran so wonderfully smooth.  Better than it, or any other COD, ever has run.  It was so great....unless you live in the UK.  Messed things up for them so they turned it off.  Either we got dedis or they found the key to good matchmaking. 

Level 33

Studios