Our Version of CoD is the BEST Version of CoD

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Our Version of CoD is the BEST Version of CoD

NOTE: I was going to talk about Ghosts specifically, but it is not restricted to Ghosts, and rather our Wii U CoD games (which I hope will continue to exist). Also, I am taking this as a from-the-ground-up perspective, which means the base game (as it is at release).

I am sick of all the whining. I know there's problems, and we have our disadvantages, but it just gets old. Call it beating a dead horse; Call it what you will. Some things like this issue are just stupid to keep complaining about. And the negative press that is your stupid outcries won't help our overall community's cause, which is to improve our experience; Improve our community size.

This game - It's just a game! Don't complain about the price of it. If you spent enough time to complete 1 Prestige, even if you don't feel it was worth it, you have gotten your moneys-worth out of the game. (And that's only in-match online play!) Let's say it took you 1 day (24 hrs) of playtime exactly to complete 1 prestige (which is very fast, actually. My average is around 1 day, 4 hrs (28 hrs) per prestige). At the full price of the game (around $60) and 24 hrs playtime, the money you spent is $2.50/hr to play this game. Myself, I'd say that's worth it. You can pay a couple bucks to ride a ride once at a fair, probably around 30-60 for a few rides at an amusement park (maybe more or less, and it depends on the park), or you can do what we do and spend however much up front to play a game for as long as you want. Worth it? I think so. And oh by the way, the longer you play, the more the game becomes worth it. Replay value.

After that, I have a few questions for you:

If you're not having fun, why are you still playing this game? (Games are meant to be entertainment - i.e. fun.)

If you think these games are so much better on other systems, why aren't you there? Or, why are you still here? (Nintendo only - Do you have a computer? they make it for those, too.)

I, myself, am having a blast on this game, for the most part. If you're not, then find another one that you do have fun at, or at the very least try to change some things up until you ARE having fun. Who cares if it's nooby? If it's fun, go for it man!

And now we get to the main point of this discussion:

Our game is the best version. Hands down. Even though we are behind on patches. DLC DLC DLC..why do you care so much? Is it cool? Sure it's cool, but it's also like buying another full price game to play a few maps and maybe a few guns or power-ups on a game you already own. Stupid? I think yes. We have our own studio that does an EXCELLENT job on our ports. Perfect? No. But quite excellent, given their resources and time restrictions. We get the same game that everybody else gets (flaws included), which puts us all on the same playing field. What puts ours over the top is our controller options, Dual Screen Co-op, and Off-TV Play. Sure, apparently the PS4/Vita has an Off-TV Play option, but I hear it's quite horrendous..

Say what you want about whoever, but I will continue to have fun on our CoD games. If you're not enjoying it and are still playing, that's your own fault. If you're frustrated because of this noob and that noob using this thing that isn't patched and that thing that isn't patched, go beat them at their own game, or go find a better one. IKY out.

Level 18
58 REPLIES

Re: Our Version of CoD is the BEST Version of CoD

in reply to the1andonlyIKY

There's nothing to argue. Your whole "point" is the Wii U verison is the "best" because you play it a lot and it has more control options (three of which are exactly the same) than the other systems. Just a silly pointless thread.

Plus you're completely ignoring the fact that the next gen consoles have higher resolutions (which actually effects gameplay with aspects like seeing enemies easier from far away), better performance (solid 60FPS), sustainable player populations that make all modes playable at any time of the day with a decent host, 18 player ground war, social features like clans/in depth stats tracking, DLC (I know money money money..blah blah blah, but there is free content from time to time), better support (it's ridiculous that we're going on almost 3 months without a single patch), ETC.

Don't even get me started on how buggy and unpolished the Wii U version (I had to usually reset my system 2-3 times a session from it ******** freezing all the time.). The Wii U version is objectively the worst all things considered.

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

Why are you using the term Next gen when we're already in the 8th gen? Maybe you should stop treating your WiiU like dirt and it won't freeze up on you because it clearly has feelings and it hates you too.

Level 3

in reply to T_Knight

All my Nintendo consoles hate me...my Gamecube still hasn't forgiven me for using it as a doorstop back in the last last gen.

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

Where did I state or say anywhere that I this game a lot? I don't play it as much as I could, but I do play it normally a few times a week. Either way, what does that have to do with any point of this thread?

You being a Scrooge is getting friggen annoying, man.

Level 18

in reply to nintendon_t

"Plus you're completely ignoring the fact that the next gen consoles have higher resolutions (which actually effects gameplay with aspects like seeing enemies easier from far away),"

resolution does not affect the field of view, draw distance etc.

Level 1

in reply to polygonkitkat

not to mention the pad is only 720p i believe. hell i have a 700$ samsung 40in flatscreen and occasionally games look better on the pad except the depth of color. btw are you german? i ask because i think ive played extinction with you and my german friend 666morpheus before. i have not seen him on for a bit.

Level 29

in reply to polygonkitkat

Who's talking about that? The higher the resolution, the clearer and sharper the graphics will be, which in turn makes it much easier to see enemies at a distance. That's a fact.

Play any PC FPS at a low resolution then pump it up to the highest possible, the difference is night and day.

@Bobby The gamepad is 480p.

Level 37

in reply to the1andonlyIKY

Hmmm...some comments are gone.

I agree that it's the best version based on the controller options alone.  Well, based on the wii remote alone.  I could careless about groundwar or a slightly higher resolution.  The game is HD enough.  Seeing people isn't an issue.  Would it be nice if they had time to tap into some Wii U horsepower to make it run better?  Of course it would.  But it's not important enough for me to get another version of the game.  I also don't mind the wait for a patch as long as it comes.  If it doesn't, then I will have a problem.  But if it gets us caught up and fixes the few major problems with the game (spawns, map glitch, and operations bug) then it's worth the wait.  None of that is bad enough to deter me from playing it.  I've gotten my money's worth out of it. Isn't the sound better on Wii U too?  Don't the other consoles run Dolby Digital?  Which is compressed 5.1 surround sound resulting in a loss of audio quality.   Or do the new ones run DTS HD Master Audio?  Which would match Wii U in quality.  I know the previous consoles were Dolby Digital.  The Wii U runs LPCM.  Uncompressed audio.  Very nice.  Surround sound is very nice. 

The game runs 1080p on the PS4 and 720p I think on Xbox one.  Isn't this one at 720p as well?  I thought it was.  Either way it's good enough for me.  If anything I feel bad for Xbox one players.  $500 console and it runs a lower resolution.  I've looked into it.  Apparently 1080p is just hard to hit on that thing.  Issue with the memory.  Now they're saying the Wii U can hit 1080p if devs make the effort.  I know it already has, but not on a title like this one.  We'll see.  

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

I noticed the comments gone too. It's okay though. They were stupid and nonconstructive. I totally agree that after a certain point, resolution doesn't matter. Interesting about the xbox one tho. And hey, if the effort is there, even sd can still be as beautiful and i-cant-believe-its-not-butter...i mean hd (Super mario galaxies). Im glad that you actually had some supporting points XP with all the haters and complainers i was afraid that was all id hear. Btw..so what happened to/with bobby now? P.s. You should friend me..or we should just play together sometime

Level 18

Studios