REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Re: REASONS WHY I'LL BE PLAYING LESS

in reply to M4GNUM

Going to be tough for anybody to argue with what you've said.  A lot of us should take note on how you've presented your post.

I can't say that I blame you for taking a break after reading all that.  I can make the most of what I can but even I would have struggled to find a reason to continue playing with all of those things.

A_Trey_U did say that they were tweaking things on their end.  He may even drop in here to ask for a date of when things went to hell to see how it correlates with the changes they made.  I hope so, since they do seem to be actively working on everything.

Your ending paragraph sums up my feelings towards what I've seen of the game, too.  I want to try the controls since they are praised by the majority of Wiimoters.  I love bigger maps.  I like how some people have said that it feels like a blend of some of the past CoDs with new elements brought in.

The only real thing that is stopping me from reaching for my wallet is the connection/lag issues and a few other minor problems.  I feel that if they fix that then a majority of the other issues will fade away with it.

Level 10

in reply to M4GNUM

M4GNUM, when is the last time you played the game?    And what region of the US are you in?

in reply to A_Trey_U

I live in the Northwest Region of the United States.

I played last night 11/19 from 9 MST to 11:30 MST when I rage-quitted. I hate rage-quitting, I just got fed up with the lag and shut off my console If you have a dude from another country who said he hasn't played the game much going 32-3 on HDTDM and more seasoned players going 6-20 due to lag, skipping, teleporting...something is up.

Still hoping that dedicated servers will give a noticeable improvement that will most likely solve most of the issues I listed. Is there any update on a time frame at the moment? You can give a ballpark if it makes you more comfortable.

Thanks for asking...

Level 23

in reply to M4GNUM

M4GNUM wrote:

[3] SPAWNS

* We constantly hear about how much they test these games, but somehow this didn't come up in their testing which I find ridiculous. I frequently get spawned in front of enemy players up to 5 times in a row.  Spawned within 2 feet of an IED. Or a dog. All over the map, so it's not a spawn-kill strategy they are using - it's a faulty game mechanic

You spawn killed me 3 or 4 times in Strikezone the other day. As if I wasn't having enough trouble getting my ass handed to me on a plate by Void. Btw, he must live actually inside a server, have you noticed when playing against him there's never enough time to react? I never had any trouble playing against him on the old Wii..

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

To keep things fair, I don't like it when the enemy spawns in front of me like that...I usually feel bad. That's why I tried to look at the issues I am having from both my and the enemy's perspective. I don't want things in my favor, just like I don't want things in the enemy's favor. So I apologize!

Void is a good guy - sometimes he brags a bit much, but overall a good guy. I know he's been reported a bunch and accused of lag switching a ton of times because that is what it feels like - people always lag out, freeze, stutter whenever they encounter him...me included. I'm not saying that's the case though. He changed his name to TheHatedVoid because of it, LOL. I think he just either has the worst connection on the planet...or the best connection on the planet. I think it's the latter. I never knew him before BO2, but I had a lot of problems with him there. Much faster than other players, skipping across the screen, head glitching, impossible shots 90 degrees to him across the map while running, etc. I've always wondered what he sees onscreen vs what we see onscreen. It's a little better on this game, but I still feel like I'm a half second behind him connection-wise. He is a very smart player though, so I'm not trying to sound like he isn't.

Level 23

in reply to M4GNUM

M4GNUM wrote:

To keep things fair, I don't like it when the enemy spawns in front of me like that...I usually feel bad. That's why I tried to look at the issues I am having from both my and the enemy's perspective. I don't want things in my favor, just like I don't want things in the enemy's favor. So I apologize!

Void is a good guy - sometimes he brags a bit much, but overall a good guy. I know he's been reported a bunch and accused of lag switching a ton of times because that is what it feels like

You feel bad?? How many times do you like to feel bad LoL. In that game it made me laugh because I thought of the other thread you made about the spawns so yeah, made me chuckle a bit.

I've spoken to Void in private messaging before, he comes across as an ok fella, and I've played him enough to know he's a smart player, he puts enough hours in so he should be lol. I just wish I could be competitive to give him a good match. Maybe dedi severs won't make much that much difference, who knows, but I can't wait to find out.

On another note, yesterdays games I had suddenly turned into a toob fest. I was getting horrible flash backs of the worst part of Reflex. Have you noticed groups of little kids spamming toobs yet? They kept firing tubes, getting killed then coming back with more toobs. I'm telling ya, after a few games of constant explosion it was giving me a head ache..

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

I've spoken to Void in private messaging before, he comes across as an ok fella, and I've played him enough to know he's a smart player, he puts enough hours in so he should be lol. I just wish I could be competitive to give him a good match. Maybe dedi severs won't make much that much difference, who knows, but I can't wait to find out.

That's exactly what my goal is here and why I even bother to write posts....to level the playing field where your play grows and is affected by skill...not wonky game mechanics. I have no problem saying, "dude...great shot!" and I have no problem being killed - I just don't want the game giving anyone an edge. With so many varying connections and locations, maybe that's not possible...but I can't help but think it can be improved.

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

On another note, yesterdays games I had suddenly turned into a toob fest. I was getting horrible flash backs of the worst part of Reflex. Have you noticed groups of little kids spamming toobs yet? They kept firing tubes, getting killed then coming back with more toobs. I'm telling ya, after a few games of constant explosion it was giving me a head ache..

I usually play at night unless I'm waiting for a client, then I'll hop on and play during the day to play with people I wouldn't normally. What you are seeing when you play is what I'm seeing nowadays too. An increase in grenade launchers. A few last night were like that...a constant barrage of explosives. LOL - Reflex when you could equip 2 primaries and have 3 or 4 grenades in your tubes? Yeah - it was like that.

To that note, I think there are certain things that the game causes. If spawns are squirrely and lag is an issue, people will camp more and use noob tubes more. I can't stand that, but I also can't blame people for doing that if the game essentially makes them play that way.

Level 23
Highlighted

in reply to M4GNUM

M4GNUM ha scritto:

[5] VESTS

* If an enemy has one on, it takes a good 10+ bullets to kill them. If I have one on, I get killed in 1 or 2 bullets - doesn't matter if they have armor piercing bullets or not...doesn't matter which gun they are using

No god, NO!!! it takes 10 bullet because of lag, start a private match, wear the vest, ask your friend to shot only one bullet to you, you'll lose your useless vest

All your points are related to the lag, anyway dedicated servers are coming so all these problems will be solved

The real problem of this Cod are:

1: Totally crazy respawn points

2: Few objective modes

3: Few xp points in the objective modes (why should I have to play search & destroy or blitz if every kill counts as a kill in TDM? I can make more and more kills in domination or TDM, making more points too!!! It's hard to prestige playing such modes

Level 6

Studios