Secure contact with ATU and team

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Secure contact with ATU and team

I've been giving this a little thought but not sure what the best solution would be.

There are times where some important info that could aid in a fix needs to be relayed to A_Trey_U and his team but not announced on the public forum.  Examples of this are of exploits and glitches that would cause havok if everybody starts to abuse it.  The XM25 glitch is a good example of this.

The problem here is that, thanks to people spamming out his PM inbox with useless crap, he no longer checks this.  This means that another means of sending him this information will be needed...but I'm not sure what.  The other problem is that it would be too easy for those that spammed out his inbox before to do it again with any new method.

I know that there is Twitter but the Direct Message function is limited in characters.  I was thinking of sending a brief description with a link to a document with the full details.  Not sure how viable that will be.

There is the possibility to have the community voting on a trusted person or two who has access to a second account that A_Trey_U can receive PMs in.  The downside is that the voted people will need to be trusted to relay all details of the info to A_Trey_U and also have to deal with filtering out the spam.  Again, not sure how good an option that would be...

Does anybody have any ideas?

A_Trey_U, do you have a suggestion?

Level 10
19 REPLIES

Re: Secure contact with ATU and team

in reply to bughunt

Sounds like a good plan,  see if they will also bring dlc for once ( i know people are going to go BAW at me for saying it) but yeah and the lag is the biggest issue.

Level 3

in reply to bughunt

Shall we vote on who will represent us? I say our favorite Aussie Pwnsweet should.

Level 33

in reply to Padiego

I do like the sound of Pwnsweet being voted.  He manages the buglist very well, is active and comes across as level headed.  I'm not sure if there should be just one person or maybe up to three, assuming this is something that goes ahead.

I'm not even sure if this is really a good idea.  More input from other members of the community would be great.  Ultimately it would come down to what A_Trey_U would say since it may require him making a second account.

Level 10

in reply to bughunt

if i could like this 100000000000000000x i would.

Level 3

in reply to bughunt

Perhaps they hire a second dev? lol like that will ever happen... but it would make things go faster

Level 13

in reply to GamebroCrazy

There is a whole team...

Level 29

in reply to Padiego

I'll be the first to mention... the return of KWEAGLE. I remember him from back in mwr days, I wonder if he's still lurking on these forums.

Level 10

in reply to thegmo

thegmo wrote:

I'll be the first to mention... the return of KWEAGLE. I remember him from back in mwr days, I wonder if he's still lurking on these forums.

He's on my facebook, I'll mention it to him..

Level 21
Highlighted

in reply to thegmo

Ohh, I totally forgot about Kweagle.  I wasn't exactly active at the time (not sure if I had even made an account) but I do remember that he was really going out of his way for everybody.

Can't forget that little dispute over "camping" and the resulting matches that followed lol

I'd be very happy with Kweagle and Pwnsweet acting as a secure liason between a developer and the community.  Again, this may never even happen especially since it will require input from A_Trey_U.  There would also need to be some specific rules about what they are asked to pass on and rules about how the info would be treated.

But I really think that something like this could be beneficial for everybody.  It could get the majority of the game breaking glitches and exploits passed on to the devs without announcing it to the whole forum for abuse.  With such limited time that we always get with a member of the development team it would be crucial to get the most out of it.

Level 10

Studios