So when are you going to fix the netcode you broke, again, Treyarch?

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Highlighted

So when are you going to fix the netcode you broke, again, Treyarch?

Trey_A, I'm only going to give you a pat on the back if you add or fix something WITHOUT breaking something that worked. We get a new map that everyone else got since launch and you fixed some minor issues I never dealt with, but they were there. Yah. But you took a hammer to the netcode. Again. The old netcode was tolerable. And you manged to totally ruin it to the point it feels like all my matches are against BRs who still use 56k connections.

Riley doesn't even jump anymore, he just needs to get within 10 feet of me and I have a have a heart attack (Thank god I got that operation done, since it's impossible to do now.) Same problem with knife users since they all have commando level lunges

And that quarter to half second game delay from MW3 is back. I lose EVERY knife battle and a vast majority of gun fight now even when I get the first hitmarkers.

Why? Why make something that works and break it again? This isn't even asking to go back to lag shooting. (Which is still the best choice since people with good connections aren't punished.) Or is this some scheme to stratify the wiimote and traditional controller bases to Ghosts and BOII respectively?

You don't want things to turn negative? Don't muck the few things that work up.

Level 3
26 REPLIES

Re: So when are you going to fix the netcode you broke, again, Treyarch?

in reply to T_Knight

Man, no one can ever be happy..

Level 3

in reply to T_Knight

T_Knight wrote:

Why? Why make something that works and break it again?

Excuse me, when did it ever work? Seriously, for some of us it never has, but if its even worse, then for me its bye bye..

Level 21

in reply to T_Knight

I haven't seen any noticeable change - it's still a great connection one minute, poor connection the next...all impacted by foreign players or players with poor internet. No noticeable effect of the patch on my end...

Level 23

in reply to M4GNUM

M4GNUM wrote:

or players with poor internet.

LoL that is so not the case..

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

Of course it is. I have in-game bandwidth of 4,100kbps. I have clanmates who have 0.650 kbps. I've played with an ally who uses the internet from his cell phone to power the wifi on his Wii U. They really drag down the lobby connection. I've played with people from other countries (Brazil, Netherlands, Holland, France, Spain, Mexico, New Zealand, Australia, UK) and the game can be flawless until they join. If I have a hiccup in connection, I can cause lag. There is a definite effect if there are large discrepancies between player connections. I mean that's COD101, where have you been?

Level 23

in reply to M4GNUM

It has more to do with their servers or the WiiU or both, All my issues started with BO2. I have been playing with the same Americans for 4 years and never had these problems until BO2. You believe what you want, I haven't been any where. Just one thing though, lets not get hostile about it, my name isn't Nintendon't. I seriously stand by my statement, I'm not trolling you..

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

I appreciate your last sentence, thank you.

I never had an issue with MWR or MW3. My issues began with BO1 and then got REALLY bad with BO2. Ghosts is better, but not at the same quality as MW3.

Another thing is that it's well known that people experience different things and it's hard to pinpoint consistencies. I know people who have never ever had an issue with any COD. I know some who had no issue with BO2, but others did. Some had no issues with MW3, but others did. It's a very odd beast. I continue to not understand why there can be so many polar opposite experiences with this game. Like how some have had tons of buzz freezes with Ghosts - I've had one.

The difference in player connectivity is why lag compensation exists. If I am connected in-game at 4,100 and you are connected at 650, then lag comp kicks in. It doesn't throttle your connection and it doesn't slow mine down so we are at the same speed, it is the prediction of where I will be in a certain amount of time on the map compared to where you will be in a certain amount of time on the map. We all know that isn't perfect and since it is a prediction...sometimes those predictions are off. If my connection is solid and yours isn't, you will be communicating data for that prediction that is "off" and that in turn affects the predictions at my end - mine will be "off". So at times you will see me around a corner before you see me. Or you can head glitch real quick and I won't see you at all. Or you will somehow make it through all my bullets and stab me straight on. Of course there are other variables like their netcode and their servers, but the majority of issues we see, in my opinion, is the difference in player connectivity...aka "lag" and how the system compensates for that.

That said, I think the Wii U sucks at connectivity. I've done speed tests and it's slow as hell compared to any other device I have. I made a huge thread about all that testing back in the BO2 days. It was crazy.

Level 23

in reply to M4GNUM

That's why I play with a wired connection. Guess I am one of the ones without any issues.

Level 3

in reply to expresso83

I'm waiting for amazon to deliver my lan adapter, shoud have arrived today but ho hum. @ Magnum, maybe its the Nintendo network, since we now have to have an email account??

Level 21

Studios