So when are you going to fix the netcode you broke, again, Treyarch?

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Re: So when are you going to fix the netcode you broke, again, Treyarch?

in reply to WiimotesRus02

Isn't the Nintendo Network just a profile though? Don't see what they'd have to do with the game other than that.

Maybe you'll have good luck with LAN - it's tons slower for me. I still wonder if the USB port on the Wii U is old (like 2.0 vs 3.1) and that's why the data transfer is so slow. LAN is a great back up though - I go LAN if the weather is being stupid or if I have others on my WiFi...which isn't the case usually because I lockdown my WiFi, LOL - I disconnect everything and power cycle my router/modem every time before I turn on the U.

Level 23

in reply to M4GNUM

M4GNUM wrote:

Isn't the Nintendo Network just a profile though? Don't see what they'd have to do with the game other than that.

I wouldn't know, its just I've harped on about this a lot and one day ATU actually said that they suspected it was something to do with them, I mean its not like Treyarch to try and pass the buck, so I feel obliged to believe him

I don't know if the lan will work, it did for Bobby and some others, so I feel its worth a try, but others have stated it made things worse. I did try it on BO2, along with other things, made not one bit of difference, but now I can't find the lan adapter and had to order another one, we'll see soon enough I guess..

Level 21

in reply to expresso83

Here is that BO2 post I made: LAN Adapter Slower than WiFi - speed differences (WTF?) #update

For some reason LAN is WAY slower for me...but it is more stable. It also throws me into Moderate NAT rather than Open. I stick to WiFi now though. If the weather is bad, I'll go LAN. With Ghosts, I got a new router, ASUS RT-N66U and my in-game bandwidth via WiFi went from 2,700 in BO2 to 4,100 in Ghosts. I wish I hadn't gotten a new router at the same time as Ghosts just so I could see what the difference was with Ghosts and then compared it to what it was with a new router. I only say that because I know that once I unwrapped Ghosts, it ran better than BO2 for me. So not sure how much the new router helped.

I have less trouble during the day than I do at night - unless the French invade then I'm pretty laggy.

My troubles aren't constant. It's like going 28-4 one match, then the next go 10-20...same people, same map (why people vote for a map we just played is beyond me). It's ridiculously inconsistent.

I also know certain people who I always lag with so I tend to avoid them in the lobbies. People who lagged in BO2 and in Zombies. Probably 10 people? Something about my connection and theirs - they just don't get along for some reason. I used to think it was my connection that was bad at times, but as the months progress - it seems to be theirs...just based off conversations I have with them.

The biggest issue at the moment is the fact that we don't have many people playing so the odds of getting into a solid connected lobby can be rare at times.

Level 23

in reply to M4GNUM

for the last time...MATCHMAKING!!!!

seriously though everyone should be wired, for a ton of very good reasons. my apt is an old farmhouse in central/upstate ny. all the walls are oldschool wooden lathe and plaster, with wire spread over the lathe to give the plaster something to adhere to. thats how most walls are built in old homes in the states. anyhow this on top of the u's poor wifi prevents me from playing in rooms other than where my console is.

anyhow we got a system update the other day, and last night i tried watching riddick in my bedroom on the pad through amazon. guess what? worked beautifully!!! they improved the distance and connection of the pad, nothing was stated about it but i swear its a huge difference. nintendo is making some serious changes and updates, im thrilled!

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

BobbyMcGee wrote:

for the last time...MATCHMAKING!!!!

I've had to deal with the roving bands of Mexicans and Euros in Ghosts before the latest patch, but at worst it was minorly annoying. Hell, I've teamed up with some Germans and the connection was fine. Now I'm in tacospeak free servers post-patch and I'm I'm dealing with dogs who have psychokinesis and combat knife users who can teleport, so location can't be the main variable.

expresso83 wrote:

Man, no one can ever be happy..

I'll be happy with Treyarch delivers a fully working game that's reasonably balanced. Not much to ask for when you pay for a product and you're used to Nintendo seal of quality that used to make sure games weren't made to be patched.

Level 3

in reply to BobbyMcGee

BobbyMcGee wrote:

they improved the distance and connection of the pad,

That must be an American thing because I just tested it and its exactly the same in my house, I take 2 steps from my living room in any direction and get disconnected, and I'm no more the 10-12 feet away from the console, must be your paper walls

Level 21
Highlighted

in reply to WiimotesRus02

I swear bro, thats how it used to be for me, the walls here are over a foot thick lol. I just watched clint eastwood in escape from alcatraz and it didnt even buffer/stutter. Huge difference

Level 29

in reply to M4GNUM

M4GNUM wrote:

unless the French invade...

This made me really laugh XD

but naw bro, the redcoats are coming

Level 18

in reply to T_Knight

Man some of you are ridiculous.

Level 2

in reply to T_Knight

I haven't noticed a change in the netcode. Link, this is how most of the community is. They have the right to be mad about the patches and bugs. Ghosts is far from perfect and I doubt it'll ever be. We'll just have to wait for the next CoD and hope Treyarch can forgive us and port it over. Please don't let us down Treyarch!

Level 7

Studios