Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Highlighted

Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?

Played with wiimote since I started cod, its whats ive always done, its what got me back into gaming and ive tried in the past and failed miserbaly with a proper controller.

So as you know im looking at switching consoles so need to get used to the other controller, you guys who have done this got any tips?

Just played 3 tdms on nuketown 2025, 1st 2 on recruit, 44-4 and 37-2, then upped the ante to regular and scored 17-7. Now I know these bots are a world away from real life, but the playing numbers get me wet! Currently 220k online, and they have hardcore domination!! Every mode is bursting with numbers, so im willing to get my head down, take beatings and get better.

The question is, how long do I play bots for? And do you guys have any advice for using sticks having moved from wiimote?

I dont wana play pubs yet coz ill get owned, im way off that, my confidence will drop. What sensitivity do I play on ? At the moment im on default, and it feels almost robotic, that being said it does drag me onto targets, which I like, coz I suck, lol

Cheers guys,

Beastblood

Level 5
92 REPLIES

Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?

in reply to Incredible_Mr

I think your best bet is ask these questions on the xbox forums, you bloody traitor. Lag issues won't go away, so just sit in a corner lol

Level 21

honestly. if you're serious, this post saddens me.

as far as advice, i would start with default as you are doing, and then every so often up the sensitivity up a point or two, and see how you notice it. if its too much, you can switch it back. in my opinion, a lot of my da aiming deals with timing. with prolonged use (i.e. practice) it just becaomes instinctual - when to release the stick to stop at turn and it will end up on or very near to on your target. idk if this is how everyone tries to aim, but it has an advantage that it helps you if you ever decide to try without aim assist...or if the aim assist gets messed up somehow (as i personally feel it does sometimes due to lag). also, if you just up the sensitivity by one or two gradually as i described and dont notice a difference every time or any time, youll basically just unknowingly train yourself to be used to faster and faster speeds in the controls. then if you ever play with a default setup again, youll notice how slow it seems so the real solution to your problem is time.

Level 18

my sensitivity on ghost is 18, 20 on blops2, but im not sure if there are differences between da on consoles, probably...

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

Sorry, wrong person. I somehow sent you the message... weird...

Level 13

why not just play on the u to learn? im confused. you said youd be getting a ps4bone eventually anyhow? btw, i use ccp because i dont like having analogs that click in to knife or run, you may find that easier too.

Level 29

The controls for other consoles are not even close to ours. I also hate to say that people on the other consoles are very rude to each other. When I visit Sony Land, I can't go into one lobby without there being someone who's rude and/or someone who judges you by any of the following (Skill, voice, gender, age, etc.). Are you really sure you want to move to a new console? Those people will eat you alive. They have so many high K/D people on there. I am lucky to have a decent above average 1.36 K/D and (I think it is 1.67) ratio on my sisters PS3, they are some tough cookies that for sure. I hate the other consoles controllers as well. Sensitivity is very sensitive on them (Ex. PS3 has a sensitivity option of 1 - ? with 6 being high! That's fricken nuts...

Level 13

in reply to GamebroCrazy

only the da pro's use ccp , true master race!

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

...attempts to lure someone from their lair...

edit-well...maybe two people

Level 29

in reply to GamebroCrazy

They are rude yes, its an image thing.

I will say one thing, there`s more poor players on the other consoles. This is mainly due to the image of the U, as in if you play on the U its coz you really want too, so your gona be competant. I reckon at least half, prob more, of the other consoles players are playing because it appears to be cool, and they actually suck. I know at least half a dozen people myself whos kids play xbox cod and cant hit a barndoor with a banjo, they just play coz theyre friends do! All these youtubers going 200 game vids, wouldnt happen the U. Even Thunder himself said he searches for lobbies of timmy no thumbs, and the guys he kills in these vids arent even moving half the time.

I know a lad whos not bad but not the best, and he played titanfall yesterday, 1st game he went 41-1, he said the other players didnt know how to move, let alone kill people. Its all the hype that makes people want to play, even if they cant actually play.

Level 5

Studios