The panic knifing..................

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

The panic knifing..................

It's more of a problem in this game than any other. Even BO1 which was a major problem in that game. I swear there is built in Commando pro.

I can be 130 degrees behind where a players camera is looking and the animation just drags/locks on right to me. It turns the character for them.

It's probably not going to get fixed though since it never was in previous games. :/

Level 7
44 REPLIES

Re: The panic knifing..................

in reply to Spacious_Fissur

I agree. The range and quicknness people are able to knife with is too much. How is it I get shot at a distance with one or two bullets and I drop, but when knifing these guys are able to run into my gunfire and panic knife? It doesnt even make sense in the cod world...

Level 29

Where is all this "lunge knifing" coming from?  It must be lag or something.  I can't knife someone unless I'm right up on them and I haven't seen anyone knife me at a crazy range either.  But I hear a lot of people talking about it.  I'm not going to go all James on you and say "well it doesn't happen to me so...."  I just wish that I had this range everyone keeps talking about.  I knife a lot of air and then get shot.  I keep trying to do it from a distance because everyone talks about the range but it's just not happening.

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

Ive been knifed when people are 3-4 metres from me. I think they are running around with samurai swords

Level 13

in reply to Ronin2012

MY kataaaaaana

Level 18

in reply to like2nap03

Lag couldn't cause a knife lunge or a 120 degrees knife lock on.

Level 7

Lag can cause me to get shot by a guy standing in front of me while he's facing the wrong direction.  I wouldn't be surprised if I got knifed by someone who wasn't looking at me either. 

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

He's saying the range of the knife lunge is dependent on lag. Next is how big the maps are is going to be dependent on lag?

Level 7
Highlighted

Not saying the range is dependent upon it, but it's very possible that someone could be closer to you than they appear on your screen which would be lag.  That has happened in every COD game with lag comp. You get a "wtf" knifing moment..  I haven't been knifed enough to notice the things you see and I haven't had a crazy lunge when trying to knife someone.  At least not yet.  I keep trying to knife at a distance because of this lunge everyone is talking about and it just gets me killed.  I also haven't played much yet.  Which would explain why I haven't had any of these crazy knifing moments on either side of the spectrum.  But yes, lag can make any death appear to be a bunch of crap including one from knifing.  Not saying this is the case.  Just saying it can happen.  

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

I normally don't panic knife since I play on tacitcal and that would make me have to move my finger off the analog stick to the X button but I have knifed people when caught off guard of I'm reloading not even sprinting and knifed from like 3-5 yards away. I've had the times where my screens gets turned 100 degrees for the knife when someone walked by me as I was reloading.

Since on default controls for DA all you have to do is click the sticks in and on wii remote it's pretty easy because you can aim and move your finger up a little to the knife button, I know since I did use wii mote for 2/3 years on CoD. Which that's with every CoD game but the knifing in this game is worst than MW2 commando in all around. At least in MW2 it wouldn't rotate your screen just to get the kill.

Level 7

Studios