Three things to turn Call of Duty around for the WiiU

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Three things to turn Call of Duty around for the WiiU

There is alot of talk about Call of Duty, and where its future is at for the WiiU. In my opinion there are three things that need to be done to turn around the Call of duty Franchise for the WiiU, and I really hope the developers take these into consideration (assuming somehow someone from the developing team will care enough to read the WiiU forum)

1. Support. For me it all starts with support. The developers need to show the same amount of support for the WiiU owners that all other console owners are getting. To me it shows the lack of integrity the developers have if they wont back their product with the same support as everyone else gets. I don't mean its okay if you throw us a little update every once in a while, I mean we deserve ALL the SAME support EVERY console is getting, as long as it applies.

2. Downloadable Content. Yea yea I know they just released Free fall for WiiU owners, which is great and all I mean believe me I'm not complaining about it. But at the same time it pisses me off. Because it shows me that they CAN develop the DLC for us they are basically just too lazy to and don't care enough. I also see this glimpse of DLC as an insult, because it looks like me they are trying to say "here is a map, now quit bitching at us to give you more content" it's just a way to get us to shut up for a while.

I hear a lot that the reason WiiU hasn't gotten more support or DLC is because the lack of player base for the console. Well guess what, the very reason there aren't players is because right now there is absolutely NO reason for ANYONE to buy COD for the WiiU. I mean seriously. Think about it. The only reason anyone with a brain would buy COD for the WiiU right now, is if the only console they own is the WiiU (like me). So if you want more people playing the game, you need to bring us the same support and content you are giving everyone else. Now this brings me to my last and most important point.

3. Okay, say we fix the support and DLC problem, and WiiU owners get the same support, and same content as the other consoles. Yay, that's great, we would see a lot more people returning to play Call of duty for the WiiU, BUT it still wouldn't make the majority of gamers switch from their Xbox One, or PS4 to the WiiU. Well, here is how we could fix that, and make the number of players on the WiiU finally reach a 6 digit number.

Exclusive Nintendo IP content. So here is the idea, for every map pack released, give WiiU players one WiiU exclusive map, that is themed as a major Nintendo game. For example: a map that resembles a life like version of Hyrule Castle, Or a map that takes place on the inside of a star fox spaceship. I know those may be bad examples, but just imagine where that could go. Along with maps there could be a camo or weapon released that again is themed to match a Nintendo game.

I believe this would give that final incentive to make a more casual gamer with a Xbox and WiiU, switch to playing COD on the WiiU.

-----------------------------------------------------

I know its wishful thinking. And I can say that I'm 99% sure this would never happen, but hey, no one ever said a guy cant have wishful thinking.

What do you guys think?

(Now that I'm done typing this and procrastinating... I will go write my Biometrics Memo...)

Level 1
37 REPLIES

Re: Three things to turn Call of Duty around for the WiiU

in reply to TexasIsSouth94

[1] I agree - but it's Economies of Scale. They won't give the same support budget to a console that is .01% of the other console. UNLESS they want to increase sales - then they should do this. But Activision is all about the bottom line rather than investing it seems. I have a degree in Marketing and they've done everything you aren't supposed to do.

[2] DLC with Free Fall is a bitter pill. Some are just head over heels with the devs. Others, like you and me, are very hesitant to kiss the rings of the devs. I "hope" more eShop content will follow. But given it's taken so long to have it...does make you feel like they are doing it to shut us up. BUT - they know how we feel about DLC so I don't think they'd be dumb enough to take 2 years to implement something to only do it once. I tend to look at it as a test. To test the functionality and response to eShop. I think it worked great. My gut says that more will follow.

[3] Never going to happen. Too many license issues, but mainly Microsoft owns the devs. They probably even got to name their first born. I would hate to own a gaming dev company and have to suck the MS teet in order to survive. MS won't allow any other console to do anything with their baby. Which is BS. They should cycle who has exclusivity - MS one year, PS the next, Wii U the next, etc...MS shouldn't have a monopoly.

Level 23

in reply to M4GNUM

Ok, in regards to cycling exclusivity each year, I think that is brilliant. For one, I can see how giving only WiiU exclusive content would cause uproar with the already spoiled Microsoft and PlayStation gamers. Especially now that there is a three year turn around for each game with Sledgehammer coming into the picture, it would be great IMO to have each developer, each year, develop exclusive content for one system (Nintendo, Microsoft, PlayStation). It would help to balance out the player base between each console.

Level 1

Or get diehards to have all three Maybe Nintendo should make their own iteration. Couldn't be Call of Duty, of course, but something along the lines of it

Level 18

in reply to M4GNUM

Actually, nap. I was watching one of Tmartn's videos yesterday..on his MW4 info or whatever it was... Anyway, it came up that some information was revealed at a PLAYSTATION EVENT. Which followed with the information that the "Microsoft Exclusivity Contract" (yeah, let's call it that, or M.E.C.) was signed in 2010, and expired at the end of 2013. Which means it is now over. Unless, of course, they resigned the deal, but Tmartn said he hadn't heard anything or found any information saying that. So, that could also mean good things for us in a way. At the same time, it might not. I don't know. But I did just wanna put that out there. Microsoft may not be the master hand anymore.

Level 18

in reply to M4GNUM

I 100% completely agree with your second paragraph on your second point.

What incentive is there for new COD people to buy the Wii U version?

I think the GamePad functions in BO2 were off to a good start. But Ghosts did not expand on the functionality of the controller.

Level 1

There is a fourth and probably the most important option, give back our full wiimote function. That's the reason most people bought these games for the WiiU..

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

I agree 100%. I don't know what happened between MW3 and BO2, but it got all kinds of screwed up.

Level 23

in reply to M4GNUM

The gimmicky gamepad came up, plus they don't have a decent wiimoter to do the testing. Just my opinion, not fact

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

I'm sure they put more of their budget (cost of time) into gamepad to make launch date, but how they messed up the wiimote controls is beyond me. Earlier rumors were that they were trying to port low framerate controls (Wii) onto a high framerate console (Wii U) and they botched it. They have excellent wiimote testers for their game - they just wait until after launch to hear from them (us)

Level 23

Studios