What can Wii do?

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

What can Wii do?

Howdy Forum ^^

My name is Dazran303, some of you may know me from youtube and others may not.

I have a problem. I am a frequent CoD Ghosts user. I sometimes do it for too long, some nights can be sleepless. My left hand does a claw shape from gripping the nunchuck too tightly, it's like I'm trying to imitate a Lego man, but anyway!

I am mostly playing Team Death Match. TDM is a mode where there is usually over 600+ people. Sadly my desired mode "Kill Confirmed" always has 0 >.<

I noticed many people screamed for Search & Destroy to make a return... a gamemode which also shares the big 0 (amount of players)

My question is this.

What can You, me, "We" do as a community to drive more players to Call of Duty Ghosts on the Nintendo WiiU.

What can we do, to increase the number from 1,500+ players (Call of Duty Ghosts WiiU) to 20,000 players online (Call of Duty Black Ops Wii)

With more players, we might have more diversity in game modes. TDM & Domination are about the most played modes atm, with a few others getting up to about 60 players (Cranked, Search & Rescue)

Should we log in to Call of Duty Black Ops 1 and demand people to play Ghosts on WiiU.

What could we do on the Youtube side?

As easy as it is to complain about the lack of players and to leave for a different system, how about we do something with that negative energy and fight for our community with it?

Feel free to post ideas here, I will be trying my best to spread the word about Ghosts via Youtube etc.

Maybe I can try and get on Machinima Respawn again and cover some points with the people who don't know about WiiU & CoD Ghosts.

I am pretty pumped for this game as the Wiimote controls from the Wii days are back. The game runs quite well for me (with some console/game freezing issues here and there)

I think the player count looks a bit unhealthy atm but could well change come Christmas (maybe 3K 4K+)

But anyway! What do you think can be done, by us, the people, the CoD Ghosts WiiU Community?

Level 3
39 REPLIES

Re: What can Wii do?

in reply to Dazan3O3

I'm probably going to come across to you as a troll, but this is just my opinion. For most people, including myself, the game doesn't work as well as it does for you, and its not our job as players to do the work of a multi million pound corporation, and personally I wouldn't advise any one to buy a game which only works for a few people, I don't want to make up the numbers for those who have it good, I want a fair game, where skill is involved and not good connection. Also in my opinion people are getting the same idea, otherwise people like you wouldn't have to make threads like this. Last week, I saw a total of 159 people online, at a time where in bo2 1500 would be on, and a total of 4 people waiting for a game in hctdm. At a later time when more people come online, its the same people day after day, and some of those have quit. The only fair thing to do is pressure the makers to fix this mess of a game first, then you might see people recommending ghosts and see a number rise. I personally would feel I was cheating people if I said this game is good and they should buy it, and until I see more positive feed back from the makers/devs, honest answers etc, I'm not going to do anything to help them. If you think I'm exaggerating, just look at all the threads in here, its complaint after complaint. Sorry, just my opinion like I said..

Level 21
Highlighted

in reply to WiimotesRus02

I have to agree with you. This game is a complete mess, from start to finish, there isnt 1 aspect I enjoy. If like Pauly, and me, your connection screws you, the game is simply unplayable and thats without all the BS included in the game. I have no hunger to play this game at all, nearly 2 weeks since I last played, and I wont be back. Im only here now thru sheer boredom as im off work.

European players play TDM, thats it. The older guys play HCTDM, and a few brave souls play dom. Americans play diff modes, and thats great (if your american), but as a UK player, being about 2 secs behind and losing EVERY single gunfight on a US host, its just silly to even play the game at all. Id rather play Mario/Rayman/Sonic, and enjoy myself.

IMVHO this game has taken cod back to the beginning, and I actually prefer WAW with 4v4, and about 3 game modes. Treyarch do a way better job than IW ,Reflex sucked, MW3 was awful, and Ghosts is simply tragic.

Level 5

Yeah, sadly, as much as I want to help, Wii are not responsible for poor sales... It is the people/companies that make and publish it that should be responsible. The only thing Wii can do to help is to pressure those companies to make them realize they need to do a better job. Hell, it isn't even our job to tell people to buy it, it's Activision's and Nintendo's job to advertise it and get customers to buy it. You know why it's low on players Activision?! YOU NOT ADVERTISING IT! lol

Level 13

That's cool I can respect your post.

Different opinions does not mean we need to "fight" or "argue"

I was unaware the the game was not well received by the majority who have purchased it.

My experiences so far have been clearly different. I have been playing with some new people around youtube (RawJustice to name one from the forum) & we were having some great games only yesterday.

When I am playing I am mostly in a Skype Call with about 2-4 people, and it's usually a fun experience.

I understand some people are having terrible problems with lag, and insta-deaths (I get the insta-deaths too and they are annoying)

But I guess from my experiences so far they have been nothing but positive.

I have heard players (myself included) giving out about connection in CoD online games since World at War, so I don't think it's a Ghosts specific problem. Host connection still seems dodgy with ADS framerate drops (that was the same case in Black Ops Wii)

Level 3

in reply to Dazan3O3

How is that factory map running for you?  I can't remember the name of it, but it's a big factory of some sort and it's all indoors. 

Anyway, I've been getting a lot of framerate drops on that map when I ADS, but I could have been host.  I'm not sure.  I don't know how to tell when I'm the host and I wasn't paying that much attention anyway.  But I died more times than I should have because I didn't expect a framerate studder right when I tried to aim.

Level 33

in reply to Dazan3O3

Well Daz, you made some good statements, I too want more online players in this game. I don't know how we can contribiute, but I'm hoping for Christmas we'll get around 3k-4k

Level 6

in reply to RawJustice

No chance.

Level 5

in reply to Dazan3O3

Maybe we can get Savior back on Nintendo saddle..........=   I AM D A RAN. I SAY 303 like TREE O TREE

Ermmm awkwarddddddddddddddddd

Level 7

in reply to Spacious_Fissur

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Level 13

Studios