What can Wii do?

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Re: What can Wii do?

in reply to Dazan3O3

Unfortunately Activision cared about us a lil too late.

1) This COD title, despite the sales, is not getting too much love from fans. There are people who bought it, the same people are not playing that much, same thing is happening in PS3/XBOX (of course is less noticeable cause the original install base is so large)...maybe people are tired of the franchise, maybe this game is simply mediocre, who knows, I ain't gonna judge.

2) So that means, even if 3arc has worked fairy extensively on the WiiU versions (yeah, we need to be grateful to 3arc, they have been working on the Wii games for some time now, always trying to implement the Wiimote controls, with ups and downs) this games was flawed from the start. Add to that the small install base of the WIiU, add to that peer pressure over the less "strong-minded" young people who change their minds when others tell them that WiiU is for kids, or that WiiU sucks, etc.

Even I, someone who always manages to get something from a COD game, even I am getting bored with it. The graphics are meh, campaign is meh, MP game modes are the same, perks and strike packages are more or less the same. I got other games to finish so I think after the next couple of weeks my time playing would decrease dramatically. I only hope they give us DLC with new map pack and gamemodes so I can see if maps really make the difference or it just a mediocre game, and it is just me the one who just got bored.

Level 11

in reply to Dazan3O3

Well Dan (Love your videos btw), Wii are all in this kind of problem to. You see, in order for the community to grow, the following must happen...

1. more people need to buy a Wii U this holiday (or just buy one in general) and after they buy one, they must purchase a copy of Call of Duty: Ghost on the Wii U and they must play it often. Now, looking at how fast it sold its first week on the Wii U, we might see a small increase in our player base this year after Christmas. Why? Well, though this was my first midnight launch CoD for me, I never seen the community grow to 2000+ players online so quickly (many of whom I have never seen in the community before and I have been here since Black ops on the Wii) so maybe these our new people that flocked to the Wii U this year (or people that made new accounts xD). Nintendo has not done a good job with advertising this console and in order for it to succeed, they got to spread the word. THIS IS A WII U, A WHOLE NEW CONSOLE! IT USES NEXT GEN TECH AND IS A GREAT CONSOLE FOR BOTH FAMILIES AND HARDCORE GAMERS! Yes, they should focus on the younger people this holiday and beyond but if you advertise a little bit with games like Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, and other third party content in TV ads, you might convince an adult to buy one for both him/her and the kids. Christmas 2013 is Nintendo's (and our community's) best hope for a comeback.

2. The Xbox One and PS4 have launched and thus, the 8th-Gen Console Wars has begun. In a recent discovery, the Xbox One actually doesn't have as many HD games as the Wii U, PS4, and PC have so if HD graphics are a concern to gamers this generation, who's gonna get an Xbone? I'm not... I already got a device that has the ability to listen to my voice and respond back (Siri) so that isn't very appealing to me and I already can watch my favorite NFL teams on my Direct TV packages. The PS4 (I won't lie) is off to a good start and its graphics are top notch (1080?! Holy S-) so it will be hard to compete with it for the other consoles. Anyways, in order for the Wii U to succeed this generation is to get those who are ready to grab a new console a few good reasons why they shouldn't. Maybe they should go for the Xbox gamers and convince them to go Wii U sense the Wii U (from what I heard) has better graphics then the Xbox One and thus is better then it.

3. Of course this game is getting boring, no doubt about it. But, Wii will be in for a rough time if we don't get DLC. Without extra content to keep us occupied, then for sure, people will be turning in this game or not be playing it for a while. Third party content was originally a reason why the Wii U was made and now that's it is struggling, they had to go back to there old strategy, kids...

There is other reasons but I'm going to save the community from reading to much... BIG COMMENTS HURT MY BRAIN!!!

Level 13
Highlighted

in reply to GamebroCrazy

your logic is severly flawed if you think 2000 people is a lot. and btw, we havent grown at all. people who have blops 2 bought this game and thats basically it. if you add the to playerbase numbers together it proves it. less people are playing this as the last title for launch.

Level 29

in reply to Dazan3O3

really hate to break it to you but there isnt anything we can do. im not a promoter i play the game, and after paying 60 bucks for it my job in that aspect is done. if cod and nintendo cared then its up to them to promote the game, not the paying customers. cant wait for the next influx of youtube idiots to grace our forums with all their infinite wisdom though.

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

BobbyMcGee wrote:

"im not a promoter i play the game"

lol but didn't you just promote/support it once you bought it? lol

Level 13

in reply to GamebroCrazy

edit-advertise...

let me clarify. i purchased the game for wii u. that is my end of supporting this title that i can already see will not be fully supported for its lifetime. by lifetime i mean on average around one year. its not my job as an already paying customer to push their title in order to have issues corrected.

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

lol

Level 13

in reply to BobbyMcGee

BobbyMcGee wrote:

edit-advertise...

let me clarify. i purchased the game for wii u. that is my end of supporting this title that i can already see will not be fully supported for its lifetime. by lifetime i mean on average around one year. its not my job as an already paying customer to push their title in order to have issues corrected.

A couple of members of my clan pushed me to buy this game after I said I wouldn't be buying ghosts after playing the abortion of a game Bo2. They said there is no lag, no BS deaths and so on. I bought the game, and to some extent

it was true. It just got worse and worse though, and I wish they didn't say anything. Why is it, like so many people have said, can the game start off ok then get worse?

Level 21

in reply to BobbyMcGee

The second you tell an IRL friend "the wii-mote is awesome for ghosts on WiiU"

You are a promoter ^^

Level 3

in reply to Dazan3O3

Dazan3O3 wrote:

"the wii-mote is awesome for ghosts on WiiU"

LoL it isn't though, if you're comparing it to BO2 then its not much of a bench mark but it is better. You only have to play BO1/MW3 to see the massive difference..

Level 21

Studios