What can Wii do?

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Re: What can Wii do?

in reply to WiimotesRus02

ahhh...BO1 and MW3 were so awesome....specially sniping (not that there were many sniping spots on BO1, but still).

However u gotta admit that in MW3 using the wiimote felt good cause of aim-assist. I don't condemn aim-assist if the DA players are getting aim assist, cause if I'm sniping vs another sniper, even if I'm fast with the wiimote I still need to do corrections while aiming, while aim-assisted DA just need to ADS and move in straight lines towards the body. If I would be the developer, I would get rid of any aim assist at all, for both DA and wiimotes...this will result in DA being unplayable, so they will be forced to either leave the wiiu community and move to other consoles or become one of us . Aiming will take longer with the wiimote but still doable, and everyone will be on the same grounds so probably the frenetic speed of COD matches would be toned down a bit (still fractions of a second) but none will feel that the enemies are being helped to aim.

Yeah, I'm just dreaming, it ain't gonna happen!

Level 11

in reply to ichilenozo

ichilenozo wrote:

However u gotta admit that in MW3 using the wiimote felt good cause of aim-assist.

I never use it, plus I play hctdm and in IW games AA is disabled in hctdm. The controls were just rock steady..

Level 21

No man...THERE WAS AIM-ASSIST IN MW3.... U COULDN'T TURN IT OFF!

I'm like you, I always turn off aim assist and never look back, but that game had some even after turning it off!....I remember that someone did a whole comparison of aim assist and it was quite clear that Wiimote had some even after turning it off. This also matches my own sensation, I have never felt that sniping was so awesome with the wiimote ever on a COD game, and I have played most. My take is that motion controls, at least the wiimote, can not be as accurate as a PC mouse, so devs, have to look for ways to make it better software-wise, and that's why I bow under 3arc cause to me they have done the best they can with the wiimote. But having said that we gotta admit that MW3 had aim assist even after turning it off!

If someone know where in the youtube universe is that comparison video for wiimote vs DA on MW3, please posts it here

Level 11

in reply to ichilenozo

ichilenozo wrote:

No man...THERE WAS AIM-ASSIST IN MW3.... U COULDN'T TURN IT OFF!

Maybe, but in hctdm its disabled, has been since reflex. Apparently treyarch games are the only ones where you can have it if you want it in hctdm..

Level 21
Highlighted

This is something that I know IW has done 100% right.  I hope that Treyarch follows this.

It is a Hardcore mode, after all.  No map, no HUD, no training wheels, no crutches.

Could it be argued that Dual Analogs would need a tiny bit of Aim Assist in HC modes?  Maybe.  But it should only be a tiny bit to cancel out some of the difficulties due to the nature of aiming with DA.

Or, how about this for a radical idea:  The more you level up = the less AA you get.  You may get a lot of people who refuse to prestige but then they would have to sacrafice the goodies that you get at later levels just to keep the "beginners" AA.

An equally radical but alternative idea would be to base it on how long you've played for.  A player who has played for 100 hours would have more experience but less AA than somebody who has only played for 4 hours.

Maybe some crazy ideas there.  But thought I'd put this out there to see how people react to it

Level 10

in reply to bughunt
ever-changing controler schemes sounds like an awful idea.
Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

It wouldn't be the controller scheme itself that would change, it would be more like the size of the box you have to aim at before you get any assistance.  A competent player who has played for a long time would already be pretty dead accurate so they would land in that box anyway.

It wouldn't exactly be like that and would be more refined, etc.  DA would have different increments or methods of adjusting the amount of AA compared to Wiimote.  That kind of thing.

Not asking for it to be implemented   Just a random thought that I got while typing my last reply and thought I'd type it out and see how people reacted.

Level 10

in reply to Dazan3O3

We can talk about it to our friends which are not a lot with Wii U. We can spread the word. Comment on every single gaming video some thing about the wii u and ghosts. I feel like the community is less unite since the wii u is out.

Level 3

in reply to Dazan3O3

Well, I think the number of players will slightly increase on christmas, because a lot of people are getting the game then. Also in spring 2014 some popular games will be released, such as mario kart and smash bros. It would be possible, that many players are waiting to buy a Wii U until these games have been released. And if PS4 and XBO are as good (or bad) as you guys wrote in here, some people might switch to the U and because of the fact, that the Wii U Online Services still are for free. Those are my expectations for the future, but we'll see what happens.

Ps.: Some guys wrote about DLC - that won't happen with the amount of players atm...

Level 3

in reply to Dazan3O3

The following post is poorly written and barely qualifies as English. You have been warned:

Excuse me if I'm repeating some of the other posts made(I looked over them fairly quickly), but I don't think promoting CoD on Wii U is the answer. Before you murder me, hear me out...

Call of duty is a game that the average consumer buys to play with his friends. The reason why people buy CoD on xbox or ps3 is because their friends have an xbox or ps3. Now let's address the elephant real quick...the Wii. The Wii was a hot must-have console advertised for kids and casuals. All of my friends have Wiis. Most of them play CoD on xbox, but my best friend played CoD on wii, which is why I got Reflex. To play with my friend online.

Look at the Wii U. I don't care how big of a Big N fanboy you may be, you have to admit it's doing terrible. Less consoles, less online population.

I don't think we should advertise CoD on Wii U. Why? Because we're advertising a lesser version. Your average consumer does not care about wiimote because he is already used to DA. No DLC, barely any support, a small online population...it doesn't look attractive. I think what we should do is raise awareness about the Wii U itself. Show people the console,show them the exclusives. The more Wii Us sold, the more possible CoDWiiU buyers you'll create.

Level 33

Studios