What can Wii do?

Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U

Re: What can Wii do?

in reply to Padiego

Padiego wrote:

The following post is poorly written and barely qualifies as English. You have been warned:

Excuse me if I'm repeating some of the other posts made(I looked over them fairly quickly), but I don't think promoting CoD on Wii U is the answer. Before you murder me, hear me out...

Call of duty is a game that the average consumer buys to play with his friends. The reason why people buy CoD on xbox or ps3 is because their friends have an xbox or ps3. Now let's address the elephant real quick...the Wii. The Wii was a hot must-have console advertised for kids and casuals. All of my friends have Wiis. Most of them play CoD on xbox, but my best friend played CoD on wii, which is why I got Reflex. To play with my friend online.

Look at the Wii U. I don't care how big of a Big N fanboy you may be, you have to admit it's doing terrible. Less consoles, less online population.

I don't think we should advertise CoD on Wii U. Why? Because we're advertising a lesser version. Your average consumer does not care about wiimote because he is already used to DA. No DLC, barely any support, a small online population...it doesn't look attractive. I think what we should do is raise awareness about the Wii U itself. Show people the console,show them the exclusives. The more Wii Us sold, the more possible CoDWiiU buyers you'll create.

It's not just the wii remote. A lot of people love playing on the gamepad and freeing up the TV.  I don't.  No way I'm giving up my bigscreen, but I've seen a lot of guys talk about how great that feature is to free up the TV for their family.  I don't have kids yet, and the wife doesn't watch a lot of TV, so I don't have to do that, but for guys with families, it really does help.  I think it's a nice selling point.  Just throwing that out there. 

Level 33

in reply to Padiego

I also love having the gamepad for games like Darksiders 2.  That game is awesome on Wii U.  Having access to the map, armor, and weapon loadouts on the fly without having to pause the game is just great.  I've said it before that it doesn't sound great, but after years of having to stop the action to do that stuff, not having to stop it is just amazing.  I never thought much of it when I heard about it in game reviews, but after I tried it I was sold.  I would have loved to have that for Skyward sword, but I don't know how that would work cause I LOVE the motion controls in that game. 

Which makes me wonder, what are they going to do with the next Zelda?  It's going to use the gamepad, but I hope they have a wii remote option to use those motion controls. 

What if they did an HD remake of Twilight Princess with Skyward Sword's controls?

Level 33

in reply to Dazan3O3

while i agree in principal dazran, and i always tell everyone that will listen. the greatest ever idea for a fps is the wii mote (heck for any game), and is the reason i think you wii u is the best ever console (maybe not technically power wise and lack of lan connection). but my conscience will not allow me to promote the worst running game ive ever played, and the fact its £15 dearer for the wii u (????). if anyone bought this game because of me, i would feel like i had physically mugged them. i was so looking forward to this as mw3 was by far the best running game for me (with only 2.5 down and .8 up, but ruined by hacking scum) so my disappointment is even more magnified.

Level 8

in reply to RAGEmajichands

Wii's black ops 1 player number wasnt accurate...

Level 2

in reply to Dazan3O3

Basically the only thing we can do is to influence as many people as possible to buy the Wii U version of the game. It's also the best thing we can do.

Level 11
Highlighted

in reply to Dazan3O3

We can make the game entertaining to play by making everyone not sit in there spawn with an AR insta killing you across the map....

oh wait we can't LMAO.

Ghosts is awful, no-one should be forced to even watch this game, let alone play it.

What i suggest is playing BO2, a game that actually is fast paced and CoD like, not some battlefield 4 wannabe with maps big enough to host 64 Vs 64

Level 7

in reply to Dazan3O3

if player count continues to stay crap and activision plays with the idea to drop it on nintendo console.
they should make a last game even if its an old cod like Blops,Blops2 or whatever
with wiimote only controls. maybe its a bad idea, maybe there would be even less players....
but abandoning the wiimjote wouldnt work. it was there from the beginning and it converted non fps players like me
i will never ever in my life touch a shooter with DA controls, because i just dont like em.
Wiimote or PC feels right.

i dont want to take away the da players control
but im around since w@w and in the past with only wiimote option, nobody ever complained about
controls like we do today. Hell even i complain, because we are controller racist
we see the difference in controls and hate if we lose. mostly we just playing bad but dont want to hear that
because hey look....they play different its their fault.

in that conclusion one more wiimote only cod. and DA dont complain
xbox and sony have thousands of players with your controller layout.
nintendo consoles get COD as a bonus and im thankful for that.

Level 4

in reply to Kilano

Kilano wrote:

if player count continues to stay crap and activision plays with the idea to drop it on nintendo console.
they should make a last game even if its an old cod like Blops,Blops2 or whatever
with wiimote only controls. maybe its a bad idea, maybe there would be even less players....
but abandoning the wiimjote wouldnt work. it was there from the beginning and it converted non fps players like me
i will never ever in my life touch a shooter with DA controls, because i just dont like em.
Wiimote or PC feels right.

i dont want to take away the da players control
but im around since w@w and in the past with only wiimote option, nobody ever complained about
controls like we do today. Hell even i complain, because we are controller racist
we see the difference in controls and hate if we lose. mostly we just playing bad but dont want to hear that
because hey look....they play different its their fault.

in that conclusion one more wiimote only cod. and DA dont complain
xbox and sony have thousands of players with your controller layout.
nintendo consoles get COD as a bonus and im thankful for that.

I think its a great idea to have wiimote only, I think it would play a huge part in getting back a lot of players, it would be great to have the W@W and reflex days back and have a completely even playing field. Like I've said many times, in a motogp race you don't mix 600cc bikes with the 900cc bikes, mixing up the controllers was the start of the decline in numbers, along with the lack of control in hacking, and we all know who they were who helped to destroy the wii community..

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

They seem pretty balanced now though.

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

like2nap03 wrote:

They seem pretty balanced now though.

But it would be better if it was completely even, true to the wii, that's why people put up with poor graphics, less content and support, and to a certain extent, all the glitch spots and hackers until the latter became rife. If you can't see that then I don't know a better way of explaining it. I mean, why do DA players put up with the crap Wii do? My head just fries trying to figure that out..

Level 21

Studios